GDT: Reid Boucher called up vs MTL 7pm @ ROCK

DevilMinder

There wasn't one goal Schneider gave up that Marty would have stopped.  Schneider is the last guy we should be blaming.  In fact, the only people we should be blaming is the Habs.

Believe it or not, the other team is trying to win the game too.

In regulation perhaps.  In the shootout, those goals were garbage.  Even THIS version of Marty (who's not as good in the shootout as he was in the past himself) would have stopped those.

In regulation perhaps.  In the shootout, those goals were garbage.  Even THIS version of Marty (who's not as good in the shootout as he was in the past himself) would have stopped those.

Maybe Marty makes that glove side shot save in the shootout, but it's no guarantee.  The Desharnais goal was a great move.  The guy is 50% in the shootout.  Blaming Schneider in the shootout is dumb.

Both goals he gave up in the shootout were weak.  If we get on Brodeur for giving up softies, its only fair to get on Schneider for it too. 

Nice to see Boucher play well and not look out of place out there.  Pete rewarded him with some ice time late in the third.  Overall, the game was absolutely boring until the third.  This team just doesn't come to play until they are down by a goal with like 10 minutes left.  The building was EMPTY, and had no energy at all for most of the night. 

Why is our schedule so tough? That's all I can think, we are playing pretty decent hockey yet I'm looking at us being on a potential 4 game losing streak. Not that I don't think we can beat the red wings or rags, but the red wings are no push overs, and we have taken 2 off the rags already.

This team just makes me so depressed right now. They have looked better these past 2 games then the majority of last season when they were out playing opponents and still not scoring. I mean the zajac-zubrus-jagr line looks like one of the best lines in hockey right now (in everything but scoring) they just live in the oppositions end of the rink. It feels like 70percent of this game and the last game were played in the habs zone, with great scoring chances and we just cant seem to find the net.

Meanwhile the habs play like donkey sh!t for a large portion of Mondays game and a lot of todays game, and they come away with the W. I mean they shank 3 shots in a row on Monday and it turns into tape to tape passes that result in a goal and tonight I thought that first gionta goal was complete accident. I mean gionta was in position but it looked to me like the pass was intended for the guy in front of the net (forget who).

Just so god damn infuriating.

Only positive I take out of tonight is boucher, I was expecting a teddy type player in terms of board work, but he seemed decently strong on the puck and he even bull dozed past a defender trying to pinch him at the blue line. If he plays like this he should stay up.

Also I would like to see PP consisting of Gelinas Merril Boucher Jagr and Patty.

Edited by Sneax

Really disappointing loss, especially since it so clearly should have been a win. Oh well, there are some positives to take- Boucher looked like he could hold his own, Ryder is finally finding the back of the net, and lokti, gelinas and Merrill (minus the one turnover) looked good.

One negative is I think zidlicky is making a case to be the guy left out when Larsson returns. I know it will be fayne but zigs is just terrible when he isn't creating offense.

Also pk subban is quickly becoming my most hated player. I hope but doubt that there will be supplementary discipline for his slew foot but wft was up with the non call hold on Elias during ot? I didn't usually get upset over missed or bad penalty calls but clearly that missed slew foot directly led to the game tying goal and this the loss of a point. Terrible.

Really disappointing loss, especially since it so clearly should have been a win. Oh well, there are some positives to take- Boucher looked like he could hold his own, Ryder is finally finding the back of the net, and lokti, gelinas and Merrill (minus the one turnover) looked good.

One negative is I think zidlicky is making a case to be the guy left out when Larsson returns. I know it will be fayne but zigs is just terrible when he isn't creating offense.

Also pk subban is quickly becoming my most hated player. I hope but doubt that there will be supplementary discipline for his slew foot but wft was up with the non call hold on Elias during ot? I didn't usually get upset over missed or bad penalty calls but clearly that missed slew foot directly led to the game tying goal and this the loss of a point. Terrible.

A big part of the Canadiens history is their constant bitching and moaning. They get a little better treatment. Looks at their special draft status in the 60s and 70s.

Disappointing, but I'm not going to kill Cory for this one.  The 3-3 game-tying goal was on a deflecton...not really sure what he should've done there.  Goal #1 wasn't his fault either. 

He looked bad in the shootout, but it happens sometimes, what are you going to do?  Cory for his career is just over 60% in SO save%, and Marty is just over 70%, so it stands to reason that Cory probably isn't going to be as good in SOs as Marty was.  Just hope they go back to Cory on Friday...it can't always be "See we need to split" everytime Cory has a game that isn't awesome. 

Just like that, Ryder is on pace for 20 goals...not that far off from what we should have expected from him. 

Sneax, the reason the Devils' sched is "so tough" is that, right now, they're a middle-of-the-road team that really has to fight and claw for its wins and points (it's always tough for teams that have trouble scoring to win games), and there's no real teams that the Devils should be expected to beat easily.  Every game is a battle for them, especially since it seems like they're a lot of nights where they're the slower team.  Not being able to bank those extra SO points hurts too...the Devils are 11-12-6 and 0-5 in SOs...if they're 5-0, then the team is 16-12-1, and though some people would pick up on the shootout wins inflating the record, a lot would see that 16-12-1 mark and feel a lot better about the team than they currently do.  It's one of many reasons why I hate the SO...I'll never like a goofy skills competition artificially inflating and deflating overall records.        

He didn't give up a few bad goals in regulation (not sure if you're including the shootout goals).  I don't put goals #1 and #3 on him at all. 

Henrique was terrible tonight

That game is really on henrique tho, his turnovers led directlt to goals

Agreed, his turnover with ~30 seconds left led to the goal to tie the game. Why not clear that puck as hard as you could, even if it caused an icing, so what. I have been pretty disappointed in his preformance so far. He def needs to hustle more.

Henrique's decisions have been really odd lately on certain shifts, but in other shifts he's creating and forechecking well like on the Elias goal. It's very strange with him. That was a weird game last night. I'm still annoyed Elias having his legs kicked out from under him wasn't called under a minute left. Not surprising, but annoyed.

Agreed, his turnover with ~30 seconds left led to the goal to tie the game. Why not clear that puck as hard as you could, even if it caused an icing, so what. I have been pretty disappointed in his preformance so far. He def needs to hustle more.

thats one thing the Devils are doing a lot, it may not have cause goals after but Zajac is really often doing the same thing i noticed

yup bad bad weak lazy play by henri, and as good as he's been, that turnouver by gelly was fairly horrendous and led to a penalty which led to a goal. two brutal plays lost that game in reg. got a point but it should have been two

cory made one or two brilliant redirection saves in that game and was good, but that SO was flat out BAD, huge 5 hole for a very good butterfly goalie

Canadians are good and lucky; dangerous combo.

Not that good, very lucky.

I'm not convinced about the Canadiens. I've seen enough of their games in the past few weeks and don't see them being dangerous as the season progresses. So much luck, a la Toronto Maple Leafs and NY Islanders in October. 

I think Devils, Flyers, and Capitals are better than their place in the standings suggest. I think teams like Tampa Bay and Montreal will start to plummet soon. We just gotta keep doing what we're doing, things will go our way soon.

Very bad loss against these annoying fvcks. I don't care about the point. The Devils deserved to win both games and squandered a big opportunity as usual. Good for Boucher, he better stay up.

That's really the best way to describe them. They're pesky and lucky as hell, and their act will grow old, they can't keep these kinds of results up over the long haul.

Maybe Marty makes that glove side shot save in the shootout, but it's no guarantee.  The Desharnais goal was a great move.  The guy is 50% in the shootout.  Blaming Schneider in the shootout is dumb.

Get outta here man. The Desharnais goal was AWFUL. Could have driven a Mack truck through that 5-hole.

Pretty much how the final 2 minutes went last night...

Stage%20Collapse.gif

I'd hate to see the equivalent video of the infamous Carolina Game 7...

If you dont walk away with points you don't make the playoffs, did you not watch last year? Playing well needs to equate to winning games. Obviously 2 games don't make or break the season, these were very disheartening losses to say the least. We played well enough to get at least 3, probably deserved 4, we came away with 1.