isles aquire vanek. large deal

caron14

Besides, the Devils need a player like Karlsson more than they need a player like Vanek.

If the Devils acquire Erik Karlsson he will be sit in the press box with Mark Fayne because our coach will play ours superstars harrold, our captain salvador, our big train volchenkov, our offensive upside zidlicky  instead.

One game Larsson in, the other Karlsson in.

Besides, the Devils need a player like Karlsson more than they need a player like Vanek.

But you couldn't pry a player like Karlsson from Ottawa unless you had the GM at gunpoint, and even then..

Essentially, you're not getting a young, talented player.  Ever.  It just never happens, unless you're sending young talent the other way as well (which the Devils just happen to be fresh out of, excluding Larsson).  The seemingly only available players nowadays are 30+ veterans, who get horrendous contracts that teams will be regretting a few years down the road.

I'm convinced you need to draft well, and keep your talent to succeed in this 'new' NHL.  You need good young players on ELC's or bridge contracts, with some talented veterans on big contracts sprinkled in.  None of these absolute garbage contracts like Clowe's and Clarkson's as place fillers.

Edited by Devilsfan118

But you couldn't pry a player like Karlsson from Ottawa unless you had the GM at gunpoint, and even then..

Essentially, you're not getting a young, talented player.  Ever.  It just never happens, unless you're sending young talent the other way as well (which the Devils just happen to be fresh out of, excluding Larsson).  The seemingly only available players nowadays are 30+ veterans, who get horrendous contracts that teams will be regretting a few years down the road.

I'm convinced you need to draft well, and keep your talent to succeed in this 'new' NHL.  You need good young players on ELC's or bridge contracts, with some talented veterans on big contracts sprinkled in.  None of these absolute garbage contracts like Clowe's and Clarkson's as place fillers.

What I mean is, we need a guy who can help Zidlicky provide offense from our backend.  If we're getting anybody from Buffalo, Ehrhoff is the guy I want.  But his contract sucks.  The same thing goes for Tyler Myers.

Schneider hasn't even played 10 games yet and you want to trade him for Buffalo's back up goalie?

schneider isnt going anywhere for the length of his contract here.. only way i see him moving anywhere is if he chooses not to resign here after his current contract is up.

the troll population on NJDevs has really been on the rise lately.

for sure it is getting worse.. not sure why. This is the only good devils forum too.. HF board sucks now with the amount of ads they have on it you cant go on there with out getting bombarded with pop ups

for sure it is getting worse.. not sure why. This is the only good devils forum too.. HF board sucks now with the amount of ads they have on it you cant go on there with out getting bombarded with pop ups

A)  The team's playing poorly, so people are especially snippy and agitated.  Trolls can smell the blood in the water, so to speak.

B)   Download Chrome, install adblock extension.  No more ads, pop ups or anything.  Freakin amazing (although make sure to whitelist njdevs)

Such is what happens when the team has a bad streak. Every idiot has a great idea about who to trade. It's nothing short of pure lunacy to trade a #1 goalie you just acquired, who isn't playing all that bad, for a less proven goalie. Especially when you got a deal on the guy and you're likely to lose any gained value by trading him away.

Try reddit.com/r/devils. I really enjoy talking with everyone over there, there's quite a few of us from this board over there too.

Not saying to stop coming here, I've been a member here since 2005, but if you guys are anything like me (I know you are) you probably like to read and discuss the same exact Devils information 5-8 times before the next game... r/devils is another good one if you need to add to your list of places to waste time at work with.

Try reddit.com/r/devils. I really enjoy talking with everyone over there, there's quite a few of us from this board over there too.

Not saying to stop coming here, I've been a member here since 2005, but if you guys are anything like me (I know you are) you probably like to read and discuss the same exact Devils information 5-8 times before the next game... r/devils is another good one if you need to add to your list of places to waste time at work with.

Reddit is fantastic.  You don't have to sort through a million comments that say "Yeah" "Go Devils"  "You are and idiot" etc.  Best comments are upvoted, trash is downvoted.

Reddit is fantastic.  You don't have to sort through a million comments that say "Yeah" "Go Devils"  "You are and idiot" etc.  Best comments are upvoted, trash is downvoted.

Yeah, that can be abused at times, but for the most part it's nice because some of the more obvious troll comments that have been popping up here and there around here would get downvoted into oblivion.

No, popular opinion is upvoted.  Controversial or unpopular opinions on buried.  To call it discussion is generous..I'd call it a giant circlejerk, to be honest.  That website isn't all it's chalked up to be.

The mods on HF are too inconsistent. You can get an infraction for merely disagreeing with the masses. I actually like most of the posters on HF though.

How is suggesting trading Schneider and a few other pieces for Enroth and Vanek trolling? What the hells the matter with you? Schneider has a higher trade value than Enroth for the time being, and we may not have to give up another core piece to include Vanek.

Enroth is a backup because hes like 25 and is behind Miller. Hes being groomed to take over the starting spot, and everyone knows he has the talent to be a starter. I cant believe i need to explain how that works.

thanks man! im going to go check it out now.