[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

caron14

Damien Brunner s'approcherait grandement des #Devils du New Jersey. (via @BergerNeueLZ)

Hope we will landd him....

PAtrick caisse from TVA sport report it so i had to report it

Also couple of other writer from russia wrote the samething...

We will see but i would feel comfortable with him in hte team... (think we make the playoff with him he is a top 6 guy who brin goal and speed... would fit right in ) i remind me of a brian gionta with more skill so

Edited by caron14

Seems like something got lost in translation, the Devils are actually pursuing Langen-brunner.  I kid, I kid.

I was gonna do a post this morning on the guys NJ could be looking at but truth be told Brunner should be #1 on their list.  I'm less than enthused about his territorial play (basically didn't push the puck forward himself, played with Datsyuk and Zetterberg), but as I've been saying, NJ doesn't really need a guy like that, they have a bunch of guys who seem to have done that plenty last season.

• Like 2

We need 2 forwards I think. Get Brunner and then someone else and I think we are a really solid club again. Now more than ever we need excellent depth.

Also isnt this guy nasty in shootout? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but I thought this kid had some sick hands.

Edited by njd3b1ink

I don't see where a 2nd forward fits.

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Loktionov-Brunner?

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Unless you want to move Henrique to center, Zubrus to left wing, and add another wing at the expense of Loktionov, but Loktionov was really good last year.

Edited by Triumph

Seemss like a nice addition to our squad if it were to happen. I still think adding Jagr for 1 year would be a good idea.

I didnt want to sign Jagr at first, but our power play (which was bad) will be worse without Kovi now, and Jags could help out in that department. He's getting old and after a full season he might run out of gas, but if used properly, he could be a good addition.

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Loktionov-Brunner?

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Unless you want to move Henrique to center, Zubrus to left wing, and add another wing at the expense of Loktionov, but Loktionov was really good last year.

Unless he moves Josefson/Fayne in some sort of package and Henrique moves back to center. I'm not a huge fan of cutting bait on those guys but could be convinced depending on the return.

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Loktionov-Brunner?

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Unless he moves Josefson/Fayne in some sort of package and Henrique moves back to center. I'm not a huge fan of cutting bait on those guys but could be convinced depending on the return.

Any pp must have a decent one timer on both sides. Kovy was our righty, and we had tons of guys that shoot left. A least Ryder/Bruner give us this.  Lars/Fayner shoot rt but don't have a bomb.

We need 2 forwards I think. Get Brunner and then someone else and I think we are a really solid club again. Now more than ever we need excellent depth.

Also isnt this guy nasty in shootout? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but I thought this kid had some sick hands.

According to TG's blog he was 2 for 7 last year in shootouts with both goals being the winner.

Brunner was 2-for-7 on shootouts with two game-deciding goals in 2012-13. - See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/devils_pursuing_red_wings_damien_brunner/#sthash.axztBPmB.dpuf

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Loktionov-Brunner?

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Over Olesz? He's not guaranteed a spot, he's hardly guaranteed a spot on the NHL roster. Sure, camp can come and he can impress, but there's no reason we can't fit in say Mason Raymond, Boyes or Grabovski.

I don't really see what those guys bring back.

Hemsky. Don't know if you consider him good though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Clowe is very good at shootouts, so he should be able to replace Kovalchuk. I haven't looked at Ryder's numbers, but he does have a crazy wrist shot....but who knows. 

Honestly, Lou has had an excellent offseason. The Schneider deal is great, the additions of Clowe, Ryder and Olesz filled some holes. Obviously Kovalchuk pulling a Zach Parise sucked, but Brunner would be the guy I'd get

Hemsky. Don't know if you consider him good though. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There is absolutely no way the Devils should be trading anything of value for Ales Hemsky.  I like Hemsky, but I don't see where he fits on a team with Ryder and Brunner.

Over Olesz? He's not guaranteed a spot, he's hardly guaranteed a spot on the NHL roster. Sure, camp can come and he can impress, but there's no reason we can't fit in say Mason Raymond, Boyes or Grabovski.

None of these players would sign with NJ if they knew beforehand that their role would be on the 4th line.  

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Loktionov-Brunner?

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Another forward fits on that third line. Ideally where JJ is. I love JJ but we can't be relying on him to have a breakout year. We need 4 bonafide scoring lines. We've always had trouble getting the third line going. We need to replace Kovy by committee and if everyone can't score then it's going to hold us back.

Btw I'm a big JJ fan, just don't think he can contribute 30-40 points

Seemss like a nice addition to our squad if it were to happen. I still think adding Jagr for 1 year would be a good idea.

For the reason of his trade value at the deadline alone, we should sign Jagr to a one year deal. Dallas got a conditional 2nd round pick (which turned into a 1st rounder) and two prospects for him. As a team that doesn't have a 1st rounder next year, we need to make this move.

As for Brunner, I think he'd be a great fit for our team. He has versatility and a wicked wrister. Played a lot on the PP in Detroit in what was Kovy's spot at the blueline or the left faceoff circle. Check out his highlights here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIJ3PJnH33I

I've been pretty down on Lou's work since the 2004 lockout, especially last summer and before 2010 when guys like Paul Martin couldn't even come to training camp due to the cap mess but I really think Lamorillo is having one hell of an offseason this year, even with the Kovy fiasco. All of the moves he's made address obvious holes in our lineup and when it's all said and done, I think we are going into October with the most complete team we've had in years.

Also. long term,getting young guys like Brunner and loktionov (assuming we get Brunner)also kind of covers for the marginal forward drafting of the last decade or so.

After walking around in a fog for a day or so, I'm back to being as excited for the upcoming season as I've been in a long long time.