Yahoo Fantasy Hockey 11-12

Quinn01

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it intentional, or an oversight, that we don't have an IR spot - especially in a H2H league.

I believe that if a player is injured you can move him down like you would put him on BN and IR will pop up at the bottom. Let me know if thats not correct and Ill figure it out.

I believe that if a player is injured you can move him down like you would put him on BN and IR will pop up at the bottom. Let me know if thats not correct and Ill figure it out.

We can bench players, but there is no IR slot in our league... so we can't move them to IR.

You set the number of IR positions... it may have had to be done before the draft, I'm not sure.

I didn't notice this, as ussually its standard to have IR... at least 1, normally 2.

Aylbert you've had a trade proposal pending for a few days :whistling:

I formally rejected that today. I honestly thought it was a mistake when it first came to me in my e-mail. That was beyond lopsided to get Ovie.

Ovechkin (1st round, 2nd pick) for Thomas Vanek (4th round, 13th pick)...

Halak (5th round, 2nd) for Hiller (5th round 4th)

So you asking me to trade Ovie for Vanek, and to rethink if I really wanted Hiller rather than Halk when I had the choice of either.

Edited by aylbert

We can bench players, but there is no IR slot in our league... so we can't move them to IR.

You set the number of IR positions... it may have had to be done before the draft, I'm not sure.

I didn't notice this, as ussually its standard to have IR... at least 1, normally 2.

In order to be placed on IR, the player needs to be on IR in real life. If they are DTD, I dont think you can put them on IR. Ill keep digging around to see if I can edit it.

In order to be placed on IR, the player needs to be on IR in real life. If they are DTD, I dont think you can put them on IR. Ill keep digging around to see if I can edit it.

I know they need to be IR... In my case, I can't put Crosby on IR even though he is indicated as IR by yahoo. For the roster positions, it doesn't list IR as a position we have. Again, it was more of a question if it was intentional or not (looks like it wasn't).

I'm not sure if we can add an IR after we already drafted.

I know they need to be IR... In my case, I can't put Crosby on IR even though he is indicated as IR by yahoo. For the roster positions, it doesn't list IR as a position we have. Again, it was more of a question if it was intentional or not (looks like it wasn't).

I'm not sure if we can add an IR after we already drafted.

Yeah your correct. It cant be edited after the draft. I can reset it however we will have to draft again which is fvcking dumb. I dont know why its set up that way but it is.

Sorry about that. I guess that was my fault.

Yeah your correct. It cant be edited after the draft. I can reset it however we will have to draft again which is fvcking dumb. I dont know why its set up that way but it is.

Sorry about that. I guess that was my fault.

No worries... its everyone's responsibility to look at the rules, etc. It was my fault assuming there would be IR... It makes the Crosby pick costlier (since I can't play someone in his place - in a h2h league)... but he's looking like he won't be out that long... hopefully :)

There is a way around it (resetting the league and then re-assigning everyone to each team)... but that's wayyyy to much effort for this league... and like I said... ultimately it's everyone's responsibility to know the rules and settings. I failed there... but likely, would not have drafted any differently.

Edited by aylbert

I formally rejected that today. I honestly thought it was a mistake when it first came to me in my e-mail. That was beyond lopsided to get Ovie.

Ovechkin (1st round, 2nd pick) for Thomas Vanek (4th round, 13th pick)...

Halak (5th round, 2nd) for Hiller (5th round 4th)

So you asking me to trade Ovie for Vanek, and to rethink if I really wanted Hiller rather than Halk when I had the choice of either.

Hey thats not fair :)

You offered me Luongo for Ovechkin before. I just switched Hiller for Halak (definitely an upgrade) and included Vanek from my end to replace your LW loss. It wasn't that different from what you offered me honestly.

Edit: Just didn't realize you wanted Halak over Hiller. Please forgive me :P

Edited by StormJosh

You offered me Luongo for Ovechkin before. I just switched Hiller for Halak (definitely an upgrade) and included Vanek from my end to replace your LW loss. It wasn't that different from what you offered me honestly.

Oh, one more thing, for future reference if anyone gets a trade request from me I view it as a starting point to negotiations unless we've already talked.

For some reason I put Luongo in a different class than Hiller... espeically in a deal involving Ovechkin.

You can't get high end talent (top 1st round) for lower end talent (4th/5th) - espeically in the preseason/start of the season... where everyone is pretty much in the same range they were drafted in.

And for Halak/Hiller... they aren't that much different statisitically to warrant trading Ovie for Vanek. I went with Halak because I like St Louis this year and think they will get better... which will help Halak out tremoundously.

Halak 27-21-7, 7SO, .910, 2.48

Hiller: 26-16-3, 5SO, .924, 2.56

For some reason I put Luongo in a different class than Hiller... espeically in a deal involving Ovechkin.

You can't get high end talent (top 1st round) for lower end talent (4th/5th) - espeically in the preseason/start of the season... where everyone is pretty much in the same range they were drafted in.

And for Halak/Hiller... they aren't that much different statisitically to warrant trading Ovie for Vanek. I went with Halak because I like St Louis this year and think they will get better... which will help Halak out tremoundously.

Halak 27-21-7, 7SO, .910, 2.48

Hiller: 26-16-3, 5SO, .924, 2.56

I hope you are very, very wrong :)

i wish there was a way of knowing who is who. Is anyone on here "Sworn Defenders"?

I tried posting on the front who was who but I and two other people were the only ones to let me know who they were.

Edited by Quinn01

i hope you enjoy losing :whistling:

Edit: I'm glad Im playing you before Crosby and Kesler get back lol

It's a risk I took... I'm hoping both are back pretty early... Ovie, Crosby and Kesler will be very good for me.

Admitantly, week 1 is the time to face me.