Devils 2013 schedule (It's out!)

thelastonealive

Those cheap ****s.. And I'll still wind up paying for it :-/

Well they need to get crackin because the app for phones and XBox still isn't out

Personally I'm at a loss to understand why you - or any other local fan - feels compelled to get GameCenter/CI.

You especially, since you literally go to/watch just about every Devils game. Most everyone in the Tri-state area gets all the MSG channels so really you could watch the other locals when the Devils aren't on. I'm going to guess you also have NBC/NBCS and the NHL Network so there's other national games during the regular season/highlights and every single playoff game live.

Assuming you have all that, why on earth do you even need GameCenter? I'm sure you're not the only one either. I have the NBC Networks and NHLN/Sirius (for other things besides the NHL Channel but I listen to it obviously) and between them and my computer I'm already feeling like it's overkill just with that.

Not a criticism cause everyone should do and get what they want but personally if it were me, I'd draw the line here and tell the league to go scratch for a year, at least with 'extras' like this. The NHLN is different cause at least they have unique non-game stuff too.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I mean you make a good argument.. I just like being able to watch every game, not just whatever they put on Versus.. I also visit my gf in south jersey every other weekend and they are below the MSG line.. I guess I'll have to think about it, since I'm planning a trip to Pittsburgh for Feb 2nd and ticket prices are gonna kill me

I live in Northern Ocean County so I get all the Comcast sport channels and all the New York sport channels. Hell I even get Capital games from time to time on Comcast sportsnet. Including NBC, NBSC, and the NHL Network I get a ton of hockey without buying any packages. :icon23:

Edited by Zubie#8

However, since you're in Harrisburg I think you'll still need Center Ice to get the games. I have cable so I'm not entirely certain, but I think DirecTV blacks out games that are not on your local sports stations.

Turns out I don't get blacked out of the games unless they just didn't black it out yet! However, I did get the Center Ice package just in case since it was only $59 this year.

Off-topic, I know, but I just signed up for SiriusXM over the holidays. Who calls the games on the play-by-play channels? And is there a pre-game show?

I 'think' they have one channel for every team's home broadcast but I'm not sure if it's available to basic subscribers or you needed to pay extra for it, I wasn't going to check out the radio feeds until the TV Center Ice expired. I know the NHLXM channel has some games on it but it's kinda random when they will (like Boston-Winnipeg yesterday afternoon).

I saw that too. I was already leaving work early for the game but it's not going to be easy getting there it looks like.

Good thing I picked that game for the free tickets and sold my regular pair, at least I'm not financially obligated to go Friday if it's ridiculous out though I did want to sit down below in the attacking zone for a game :P

Off-topic, I know, but I just signed up for SiriusXM over the holidays. Who calls the games on the play-by-play channels? And is there a pre-game show?

I've had XM since before the merge with Sirius. For each game there is only one channel, and it is typically the home team's feed. I've heard the away one every now and then (presumably the result of technical problems). When you start to get into the later playoff rounds, there will be both home and away feeds and even the occasional national/neutral broadcast from CBC or whomever.

Depending on when the channel kicks in, we get varying amounts of the pre-game show, but usually no more than a few minutes worth. I find that I tend to get more post-game before they turn the feed off, unless the main NHLNetwork channel was used, in which case they're basically standing by, waiting to switch to another game or host talk.

• 1 month later...

I've only seen that mentioned by TG, and while he said they would be announcing it, the team never did.  I wonder if anything changed, or if TG got duped or something.

Then again, they don't have a promotional schedule on the website either, so who knows. Maybe they'll just do it very last minute.

Not sure how valid but i heard that they are having issues with a reebok strike off-seas where they manufacture that might have impacted the retro night.

The authentics are made in Canada unlike the replicas and retail "authentics" aka Indo-Edges.  I really do not think that was the reason.

The authentics are made in Canada unlike the replicas and retail "authentics" aka Indo-Edges.  I really do not think that was the reason.

Are all the retail "authentics" still crap? I got a reebok edge a while back, I believe before they changed them again.

I just don't understand why there's a difference between the on ice authentic and the retail one. There's no way in any reality, that thing costs anything near what they charge for it, so I cannot wrap my head around why they cheat people like that.

Are all the retail "authentics" still crap? I got a reebok edge a while back, I believe before they changed them again.

I just don't understand why there's a difference between the on ice authentic and the retail one. There's no way in any reality, that thing costs anything near what they charge for it, so I cannot wrap my head around why they cheat people like that.

Yeah they are still selling Indo-Edges as the retail "authentics."  Even the Devils Den at the arena has them for something like $270 and no one ever buys them.  They are still crap.

I have heard that Reebok is slowly replacing the Indo-Edges with the actual Made in Canada authentics available for retail.  However so far Reebok has only made that transition for a few teams and the Devils are not one of them.  Therefore if you want an actual on-ice authentic your best bet is to either get a game-worn or game-issued jersey from a collector or Meigray or see if Meigray have any in clearance.

Yeah they are still selling Indo-Edges as the retail "authentics."  Even the Devils Den at the arena has them for something like $270 and no one ever buys them.  They are still crap.

I have heard that Reebok is slowly replacing the Indo-Edges with the actual Made in Canada authentics available for retail.  However so far Reebok has only made that transition for a few teams and the Devils are not one of them.  Therefore if you want an actual on-ice authentic your best bet is to either get a game-worn or game-issued jersey from a collector or Meigray or see if Meigray have any in clearance.

When did they switch to those? I'm pretty sure I got one before they put out those, as I think they changed them somewhere around the time they changed the Reebok logo to "Reebok" instead of a graphic, right?

When did they switch to those? I'm pretty sure I got one before they put out those, as I think they changed them somewhere around the time they changed the Reebok logo to "Reebok" instead of a graphic, right?

I think since they have switched to the Indo-Edge either before last year when they started using the wordmark instead of the vector or a year before that.  The new switching to the on-ice jerseys from the Indo-Edges just started right when the lockout ended a couple months back.  I think Reebok is still only offering the Indo-Edges for Devils though for the wordmark.

I think since they have switched to the Indo-Edge either before last year when they started using the wordmark instead of the vector or a year before that.  The new switching to the on-ice jerseys from the Indo-Edges just started right when the lockout ended a couple months back.  I think Reebok is still only offering the Indo-Edges for Devils though for the wordmark.

Hmmm, interesting. Still don't understand the point, besides gouging people, but ok.