GDT New Jersey Devils at Sabres

ZeroGravityFat

Parise....was a monster tonight. Made great decisions, put his stick where it needed to be, threw the body, and was all round the best player.

I actually think Parise's inability to pass or receive passes was a big negative to his play tonight. A bunch of missed opportunities due to this.

His line gave up an enormous number of shots tonight. Bad passing and bad receiving of passes hampered getting shots and a rookie and a gimpy player hampered preventing shots.

Well were beating a pretty awful buffalo team with its backup goalie. This is what you're supposed to do to teams like this. I'll take the win but not jumping for joy...although the game doesn't seem to be over just yet. Bad.give away.

awful buffalo team with its backup goalie? Their backup has been 6-0 in the last 6 starts hes had and we lit him up. You should be jumping for joy as the rest of us....There was a playoff worthy team that was on the ice tonight for the Devils.

I'm thrilled with 9-7-1 myself. It's a team in transition with injuries to boot...how much better did you expect them to be?

9-7-1 WITH the brutal schedule we've had to start the season. We've been playing high caliber teams almost every night. We're finally heading into an easier stretch with non-playoff teams, which we really haven't seen at all this season. I think our record will look much better in a few weeks time.

awful buffalo team with its backup goalie? Their backup has been 6-0 in the last 6 starts hes had and we lit him up. You should be jumping for joy as the rest of us....There was a playoff worthy team that was on the ice tonight for the Devils.

About ten people already told him this. He's just a troll. Everyone should just put him on ignore and stop trying to talk sense into him.

9-7-1 WITH the brutal schedule we've had to start the season. We've been playing high caliber teams almost every night. We're finally heading into an easier stretch with non-playoff teams, which we really haven't seen at all this season. I think our record will look much better in a few weeks time.

It'll be interesting to see how the Devils do. I agree with you, the Devils should make some hay during this stretch of easier teams and the teams record will look better, even if the actual play of the team just stays the same.

it really was a strong game put together from us. the end got a little shaky but we looked strong.

you could see parise and kovy trying to make plays together. although some of their passes missed, they are trying to blend. i liked what i saw from both of them, honestly.

carter played awful

henrique was a beast, we all know that. night after night.

great stuff from brodeur too

This was a good bounce back game from last night. They beat a really good Buffalo team who was playing a goalie on a serious hot streak. There were alot of positives to this game. Netting five against Buffalo (who is more of a defensive team)is a really good sign. I also like the balanced scoring we are getting. Our top three goal scorers are Elias, Parise, and Clarkson. All of those guys play on different lines. Marty probably played his best game of the season tonight which is great to see. And Kovy (even though he was a bit rusty) looked solid. That goal of his was a play he used to score a lot of goals for the thrashers, and its nice to see him snipping again.

Good: we are sitting at 8th and special teams finally did something

Bad: I am sick of the win one- lose one and I hope they can stretch their winning streak longer.

Or look at it this way: they've managed to at least avoid the big losing streak (I admit I thought one might be coming). They've also avoided the kind of start that buried them last season. I don't know how good they are yet, but anytime you're 9-7-1 with only four regulation wins in 17 GP, you have to take it.

I enjoyed the game and the result. But if Brodeur wasn't at the top of his game in the 2nd period... this game looks a lot different.

Overall, I liked our performance... but we can't rely on Brodeur to bail us out like that...

That Parise goal where Henrique pivoted in front of the net and dished to Parise was a thing of beauty. I was 100% set on keeping Parise/Zajac together... but if that keeps up :D :D :D

The Devils now have won five of their last seven games. Those wins came over teams we need to be beating (Carolina and Winnipeg) and teams that are currently among the East's elite (Philly, Washington, Buffalo). And one of those two losses was a close one where we almost took down the streaking defending champs.

Of our next six games, only one comes against a team with more points than us (Florida) and three are against last-place teams (NYI and Columbus). November has the potential to be a very good month for this team.

I enjoyed the game and the result. But if Brodeur wasn't at the top of his game in the 2nd period... this game looks a lot different.

Overall, I liked our performance... but we can't rely on Brodeur to bail us out like that...

That Parise goal where Henrique pivoted in front of the net and dished to Parise was a thing of beauty. I was 100% set on keeping Parise/Zajac together... but if that keeps up :D :D :D

Agree, once zajac comes back i wouldnt hate it if he centered kovy, adam centers parise and the elias sykora zubs line stays together and it is 3 leget lines with some plug in RW

The Devils now have won five of their last seven games. Those wins came over teams we need to be beating (Carolina and Winnipeg) and teams that are currently among the East's elite (Philly, Washington, Buffalo). And one of those two losses was a close one where we almost took down the streaking defending champs.

Of our next six games, only one comes against a team with more points than us (Florida) and three are against last-place teams (NYI and Columbus). November has the potential to be a very good month for this team.

Have to admit they played a great game last night.

• Like 1

I love the toughness this team has. They don't get frustrated, even after a dissapointing loss. If they run off a streak at the end of the monty, then get Zajac back soon, they could really make a run in the east.

I just love when he rolls his body and is looking at the puck upside down and still can rob a player with an incredible save. I was telling my friend who isnt that big of a hockey fan but is a Devils fan that after all these years of watching Devils hockey, I am still honestly amazed that Marty can play to that level, really any player can. Marty always looks like he is in a "ah sh!t I better just fling my body around and hope to god the puck hits me somewhere" mode but in reality knows his surroundings at all times. The glove was insane last night.

Edited by Quinn01

I don't *think* Myers targeted the head consciously, I like to think that it was "just" a play/hit that went wrong.

But then again, WTF do I know, the kid was a scratch recently and probably was fuming over it. He wanted to play a mean, hard game to show Ruff that he's better than what he's shown this year.