the official NHL 11 Thread.

skullsmasher

they better have fixed the stick lift near guaranteed penalty. almost every time its a slash, high stick or hook. makes using the element useless.

I haven't had this problem at all. Maybe you have penalties turned on too high or are using it when you're not in a good position to do so. :noclue:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never pre-order NHL games, I've never any problems getting it the day it comes out so far. Knock on wood I guess.

Any special bonuses for pre-ordering?

It used to be that Game stores were understocked and you had to predorder to get a game when it came out. Pre-ordering is for the hardcore gamers nowadays. Often with a pre-order you get extra game content.

You don't get drunk with your friends two nights before and spend 130 bucks on a life-sized replica football helmet of a college you don't pay attention to, leaving your pockets empty until a week later when you get your paycheck, which is already a week after all of your other friends got the game and played it and told you how awesome it was?

That was all hypothetical. Promise.

(Who the hell cares about Boise State football, for christ's sake?)

Well in that case, I will definitely NOT be pre-ordering.

Who doesn't love a drunken adventure? :lol:

Link

Link 2

This seems like a pretty neat idea. I'm thinking it might get old after a little while...but I'm definitely looking forward to trying this mode out. Especially if the 'rare' cards are some of the all-time greats. That'd be pretty sick

if it's anything like Madden, you'll have to buy cards with real money to get one of the best teams so it may not be any fun unless you want to shell out more money for an extra mode

Also here's what's in the demo:

http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=435468

Edited by DH26

if it's anything like Madden, you'll have to buy cards with real money to get one of the best teams so it may not be any fun unless you want to shell out more money for an extra mode

Also here's what's in the demo:

http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=435468

Can't wait for the demo. Should be sick.

And, if you're right...forget it. I don't buy add-ons or pour more money into a game than the $60 price tag (which is already steep if you ask me, and my $0 college income)

And, if you're right...forget it. I don't buy add-ons or pour more money into a game than the $60 price tag (which is already steep if you ask me, and my $0 college income)

no kidding, especially with my just-out-of-college-still-broke-as-hell income

If you are going to pre-order it, do it on amazon. It's 56.99 on there plus you get this...

Pre-order Bonus

Pre-order NHL 11 and receive three free digital issues of The Hockey News. Access code will be e-mailed within five business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Don't worry, its not real money. You get EA Pucks for doing stuff in the game and the packs that have better players in them cost more pucks. Pucks are also how you bid on players that are up for auction by other teams.

That sounds better. I re-read what I posted (I misread it the first time because I'm just..awesome like that), and saw that there's that in-game currency. You'll probably be able to pay real $$$ for more cards (just like you could buy better gear for your Be A Pro player), but you'd have to be stupid to do that imo

fvcking micro transactions will be the downfall of video gaming. I fvcking hate them.

fvcking micro transactions will be the downfall of video gaming. I fvcking hate them.

you can get a lot of cards for free or fake money but to get one of the best Ultimate Teams, like with Madden and FIFA, you're going to have to pay real money unfortunately

NHL 11 demo out today for Xbox and around 5 or 6 today for PS3!!

Who'd you guys get to play on your ultimate team if you've played yet. I got Malkin, Cam Fowler, Gormley, Rask and immortal Hnat Domichelli amongst others. It's really cool I got to play the Windsor Spitfires in my first game and then the Flyers in the second.

And I'm pretty sure I saw Jim Rome in the tutorial video as a head coach :pray:

Who'd you guys get to play on your ultimate team if you've played yet. I got Malkin, Cam Fowler, Gormley, Rask and immortal Hnat Domichelli amongst others. It's really cool I got to play the Windsor Spitfires in my first game and then the Flyers in the second.

how is it? I checked PS3 Online this morning but it wasn't available yet so I'll check around 5 or 6 like you mentioned. Is it significantly better than nhl 10?

Ah...I'm at work until 5...gonna be a long day...

how is it? I checked PS3 Online this morning but it wasn't available yet so I'll check around 5 or 6 like you mentioned. Is it significantly better than nhl 10?

the hits are a lot better and look awesome. The skating feels more realistic I guess but overall it's a lot like the last one. But this ultimate team is probably the best thing in a sports demo in awhile. I checked and it gives you random jerseys to use (I had the Guelph Storm and 06-07 Red Wings) and players. I had Backstrom and Okposo and Tavares the second time

Edit: the deflections are also ramped up this year about 1000% which is good

Edited by DH26