Devils are 20th-most valuable NHL franchise, according to Forbes

msweet

Somehow, the Devils dropped a spot on Forbes' annual list of NHL team values after they were sold for over $300 million in August.

In 2012, they were 19th in the league and valued at $205 million. Under new management, they're now worth $320 million, but ranked 20th in the NHL.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/11/devils_are_20th-most_valuable_nhl_franchise_according_to_forbes.html

I thought the owners took care of the debt after the purchase?

I don't believe they paid the debt, but the difference is they have the money to continue to make the payments unlike vanderbeek.

Overall I agree with point's point (lol)... After the top 5-10 teams, it's hard to give a ranking on franchise value.

We can knock MSG all we want, but that TV deal is what's kept the Devils in NJ in the tough times.  I'm pretty grateful for it, even if that means having sh!tty commercials repeat themselves over..and over..and over again during broadcasts.

You mean there are people who don't already know that Stacy's mom has got it going on?  Or that MSG can't wait for that Raymond Felton bio?

Ugh.

Well sure, not until this current contract runs out, but afterwards we'll have YES and SNY to compete for the deal.. A bidding war could be very beneficial and hopefully MSG loses

I'd love if we were on YES.  My only concern is when the Yankees and Devils seasons briefly overlap in April.  Yankees would definitely get priority.  The playoffs start in April, and the first round would still get regional coverage.  I'm sure they'd have to make an overlap channel.  Not to mention there is also the Nets.