FLASHBACK: Mogilny a Devil Again

oofrostonoo

Well, I checked Tsn and nothing.

In case you were all interested as to where your team stood:

New Jersey Devils

Player Contract Notes 2005-2006 Salary (US)

Martin Brodeur $5,391,103

Brian Rafalski Re-signed UFA (New Jersey) $4.2 million

John Madden $3,861,561

Vladimir Malakhov UFA (Philadelphia) $3.6 million

Scott Gomez Re-signed RFA (New Jersey) $2.2 million

Dan McGillis UFA (Boston) $2.2 million

Viktor Kozlov Re-signed RFA (New Jersey) $1.746 million

Jamie Langenbrunner Re-signed RFA (New Jersey) $1,655,130

Sergei Brylin $1.52 million

Richard Matvichuk $1.368 million

Jay Pandolfo $836,000

Krzysztof Oliwa $836,000

Grant Marshall $760,000

Brian Gionta Re-signed RFA (New Jersey) $627,000

Erik Rasmussen $532,000

Darren Langdon $450,000

Sean Brown Re-signed RFA (New Jersey) $450,000

17 Players $32,232,794

Restricted Free Agents: Ari Ahonen, Matt Demarchi, Patrik Elias, Jeff Friesen, David Hale, Paul Martin, Ilkka Pikkarainen, Krisjanis Redlihs, Colin White.

Unrestricted Free Agents: Scott Stevens, Corey Schwab, Tommy Albelin, Rob Skrlac, Jiri Bicek, Brett Clouthier, Phil Cole, Eric Johansson, Matus Kostur.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i only care if he gets his 1000th point....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then you must care -- since he got that last season. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you serious? i thought he got all injured such and he was like 2 points away or something?

ok, i'm happy.

then in that case, i wish you guys all the success with almo, i've always liked him.

If this really is legit, where are the Devils getting all this money from?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Lou did help write the new CBA. We'll need to check the fine print closely. (If they ever release it! :noclue: )

"Section 8, Paragraph 2: The salary cap shall be calculated as 54% of the league revenue divided by 30 teams.*"

"*The New Jersey Devils may spend up to double that amount."

:evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Well it hasn't shown up on TSN or apparently anywhere else yet so who knows.

But seriously, if true Lou HAS to know something the rest of us don't. The Devils can't keep (apparently) going over the cap. If he's got an under the table agreement to trade someone or a few players to another team, the other team better not go back on their word Big Brother style :P If Elias is hurt more seriously than is being reported than I'm not exactly going to do cartwheels over Mogilny's return cause then we'd be replacing our best skater with a nearly shot 36-year old Mogilny.

BTW not for nothing, if Mogilny gets put on IR HIS salary doesn't count against the cap :whistling:

Edited by Hasan4978

Even if it's true, that puts them at around 35 mill and that excludes Friesen. This would be w/o Elias counting towards the cap.

They could be swinging some blockbusters.

P.S. I love Mogilny. He and Gomez once teamed up on a great line. Only thing is with his hip, you never know how much is left in the tank. But he'll put out max effort.

Very interesting... this came out of nowhere.

Lou said that he wasn't done, and I guess he wasn't kidding.

I always liked Almo, happy to see that he is back. I just hope he is healthy and plays well with Gomez and Brylin again.

Edited by L

Jeez, I take a nap, and I wake up to this!?!?!?!

Something big needs to go down now. A 3 for 1 deal or something.

Even if they use the Elias situation to their advantage, they need to be under the cap when he comes back. That may buy Lou some time, but he'll eventually have to move someone.

I dont like it. Hes old, hurt, past his prime, and yea where are we getting this magic money from?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sincerely agree with the above post. Out half the year, and you dont know for sure he'll be 100%. Dont understand this one. I should, I guess, be happy?

If this is true we can be certain about a few things:

(1) Stevens isn't coming back (sorry, PK/DD, but maybe they will let him set up a full time kissing booth at home games in his retirement as a way to try and attract fans)

(2) Elias is going to be out for a pretty long time

(3) Somebody's ass is getting traded as soon as Elias is back if not sooner

(4) There was a lot about those old contracts for the 10 players that were already signed that we didn't know about because they must have contained lots of (a) deferred $$$ or (b) bonus payments that don't exist now...otherwise Lou would be in very deep sh!t and there is no way he could do this

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thoughts exactly. This is one of those times when Lou feels like God, but in a bad way; you know, like "I don't understand what you're doing, but I know you have a plan... and would you just give us a freakin' sign already?!?!?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHA! Dude man you're on crack.

Yes Almo! I called it. There was NO reason for him not to come back. No demand for him, why not go back to the place that totally spun his career around. He always said he loved it here. Yes! I love this move. Gomez has got to be thrilled too.

But damn 3.5 a year, I hope that doesn't mean Elias isn't coming back for awhile. I doubt it, Elias has said in the past how great it was for Lou to give him that qualifing offer when he knew about how Elias possibly couldn't return for awhile.

Lou knows the ways to beat around this new CBA. As Oasis says "It's all part of the masterplan..."

My thoughts exactly. This is one of those times when Lou feels like God, but in a bad way; you know, like "I don't understand what you're doing, but I know you have a plan... and would you just give us a freakin' sign already?!?!?"

HAHA! Dude man you're on crack.

Love you too. :glare:

I really wish TSN or some other major site would just report that Sportsnet is wrong with a big headline.

SPORTSNET WRONG

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s blog more accurate, better scoops

I dunno. Just a thought.

Edited by Triumph

If this is true then I can't wait to see what Lou has in the making in terms of a trade or something. I have always loved Mogliny but I am worried about giving out this much money to a guy his age with his injury problems. Neverless, I will continue to drink the kool-aid, with rum of course,...lots of rum.