Wendy's Owner

lucifer91

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/peltz_power_play_VrtUwZ8Jk6jy72On4QSf0I?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Anybody see this?

Billionaire investor and hockey enthusiast Nelson Peltz is weighing a plan to buy the $250 million in debt of the troubled New Jersey Devils, a source close to the situation told The Post.

The plan being discussed by Peltz, whose Triarc Companies owns Wendy’s, includes lining up an equity investor to buy the money-losing NHL team should the current team owners fail in their talks with lenders to restructure the debt, according to one person who has spoken with Peltz about the plan in recent weeks.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/peltz_power_play_VrtUwZ8Jk6jy72On4QSf0I#ixzz1eRFgLJah

Edited by lucifer91

And now the starting line up...brought to you by a cold, smooth, refreshing, chocolate frosty from Wendy's...for your NEW JERSEY WENDY'S....Patrik "Spicey Nugget" Elias, Dainius "Baconator" Zubrus, Petr "Whopper Jr" Sykora....haha I can see it now :)

and yes, I'm kidding...

It's going to keep us here. At least until the next owner comes along and bails out the Wendy guy. And then another guy after that. Has anyone ever MADE money owning the Devils?

As a start to finish investment, I'm assuming McMullen made some nice coin (too lazy to look up the exact figures at the moment)...but that's what happens when you purchase a franchise in the early 80's and sell it for a premium 20 years later. He probably had more seasons losing money than making it, but overall all I would think he, or his family for that matter, made out just fine.

has anyone seen "the real" Wendy in the commercials? She looks like she had a steady diet of those burgers growing up. Not at all what I expected she looked like.

...and now, just to make them more unhealthy....they butter toast the bun!

anyway, a Where's the Beef chant would be hilarious, but most people wouldn't know what the hell the chant is for :lol:

• Like 1

anyway, a Where's the Beef chant would be hilarious, but most people wouldn't know what the hell the chant is for :lol:

It's easy to forget not everyone was a child on the 80s. Still, imagine the old lady on the big screen a-la David Putty during the Seinfeld era.

has anyone seen "the real" Wendy in the commercials? She looks like she had a steady diet of those burgers growing up. Not at all what I expected she looked like.

Surprised they made a morbidly obese woman the spokes person for a fast food chain.... If you watch any other fast food commercial it's either kids or fit people eating food.... i guess it's at least accurate...

No, DIG it's very BAD news. It just happens to be a fact of life for us. Always has, always will be. Remember the Nashville mess? Just pray we have a line of investors who want a piece. Otherwise, we lose the team.

Why would a guy step in and buy an arena only to move it's only tenant out of it?

No, DIG it's very BAD news. It just happens to be a fact of life for us. Always has, always will be. Remember the Nashville mess? Just pray we have a line of investors who want a piece. Otherwise, we lose the team.

But isn't that just what this is? An investor who wants a very big piece?

I think JVB made money at least one season (08-09?).

Anyway, if any of this article is to be believed, I'm not sure I want JVB borrowing his one source of guaranteed $ to keep the team afloat.

Obviously we would have to see the numbers, but he would own the 94% arena and team with about 125-150 million in debt after this move compared to 47% of the team and arena while owing about the same amount of debt. It seems like that would make sense on the surface.

Yeah, DIG. But at this point, I dont find myself as loyal to an owner as to the team itself. I just want a team here, that's all. Maybe if we weren't so tied into Wall St. our fortunes wouldn't be so tied into the whims of the market. A lot of these guys are stealing from Peter to pay Paul and the Devils seem to be in the balance.