Jamie Langenbrunner Appreciation Thread

devilsrule33

Sucks to see a good loyal soldier leave amongst so much consternation. It sucks that half a season of turmoil has tarnished what was otherwise a very decent career so far.

Thanks for 03, that's all

Watch out Runnin'. You better not say anything slightly bad or sarcastic. The "Holier Than Thous" are out shaking their heads in disapproval.

Edited by CarpathianForest

We're getting a 2nd :argh:

The only question is will we have to trade third-round picks to do so and will the 2nd be this year or next?

In honor of Jamie Langenbrunner

You're SERIOUS with this head banging sh!t? REALLY????? WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR SLAMMING HEAD ON EVERY fvckING LET'S TANK FOR THE TOP PICK POST ON THIS fvckING BOARD!

THE LITERAL TRADE IS FOR A THIRD ROUNDER ALBEIT CONDITIONAL

I AM SO fvckING SORRY IF MY NOT QUITE UNDERSTANDING WHAT THAT ALL ENTAILS DRIVES YOU TO SLAM YOUR SUPERIOR fvckING HEAD INTO THE WALL!

:evil: no offense.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Nvm my last post PK, I guess Lou confused everyone with this one cause this post by TG is different than the initial report I saw, there is a chance we only get the third rounder. Now my :argh: is for Lou and his convoluted trade that really isn't all that great.

I wanted to put up another post about the Jamie Langenbrunner trade because general manager Lou Lamoriello initially made it a bit confusiing in his explanation of the conditional third-round draft pick the Devils will be receiving from the Stars.

The cutoff date is the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, which is June 24 and 25 in St. Paul.

So:

**If the Stars win one playoff round, 2011 the third-round pick become a 2011 secodn-round pick.

**If the Stars lose in the first round of the playoffs (or somehow don’t make it), the Devils get the Stars’ 2011 third-round pick, unless Langenbrunner re-signs with the Stars before the draft. If he does re-sign before the draft, the Devils get the Stars’ 2011 second-rounder.

**If the Stars lose in the first round of the playoffs and Langenbrunner doesn’t re-sign before the draft, the Devils get the Stars’ 2011 third-rounder. If Langenbrunner re-signs with the Stars after the draft, the Devils will then get the Stars’ 2012 second-round pick in exhange for their 2012 third-round pick.

And btw you're right about the tanking part too, I just get tired of fighting this mindset. All I'll say is it's definitely important that we get out of this spiral of doom before the end of the season so it doesn't go into next year and it doesn't influence Parise's decision to re-sign even more. Especially since the first pick isn't exactly a Crosby-Ovechkin-Stamkos talent this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Nvm my last post PK, I guess Lou confused everyone with this one cause this post by TG is different than the initial report I saw, there is a chance we only get the third rounder. Now my :argh: is for Lou and his convoluted trade that really isn't all that great.

And btw you're right about the tanking part too, I just get tired of fighting this mindset. All I'll say is it's definitely important that we get out of this spiral of doom before the end of the season so it doesn't go into next year and it doesn't influence Parise's decision to re-sign even more. Especially since the first pick isn't exactly a Crosby-Ovechkin-Stamkos talent this year.

If you take a look at the draft history these guys are an exception not the rule. We'll bring in someone who is a benefit hopefully. There's still some good talent in this draft pool.

The quality of players has definitely improved. I still feel that we'll get a quality player.I'm sure a few of these seasons had drafts that were considered less than stellar. Here's the list:

2009 John Tavares - New York Islanders

2008 Steve Stamkos - Tampa Bay Lightning

2007 Patrick Kane - Chicago Blackhawks

2006 Erik Johnson - St. Louis Blues

2005 Sidney Crosby - Pittsburgh Penguins

2004 Alexander Ovechkin - Washington Capitals

2003 Marc-Andre Fleury - Pittsburgh Penguins

2002 Rick Nash - Columbus Blue Jackets

2001 Ilja Kovalchuk - Atlanta Thrashers

2000 Rick DiPietro - New York Islanders

1999 Patrick Stefan - Atlanta Thrashers

1998 Vincent Lecavalier - Tampa Bay Lightning

1997 Joe Thornton - Boston Bruins

1996 Chris Phillips - Ottawa Senators

1995 Bryan Berard - Ottawa Senators

1994 Ed Jovanovski - Forida Panthers

1993 Alexandre Daigle - Ottawa Senators

1992 Roman Hamrlik - Tampa Bay Lightning

1991 Eric Lindros - Quebec Nordiques

1990 Owen Nolan - Quebec Nordiques

1989 Mats Sundin - Quebec Nordiques

1988 Mike Modano - Minnesota North Stars

1987 Pierre Turgeon - Buffalo Sabres

1986 Joe Murphy - Detrot Red Wings

1985 Wendel Clark - Toronto Maple Leafs

1984 Mario Lemieux - Pittsburgh Penguins

1983 Brian Lawton - Minnesota North Stars

1982 Gord Kluzak - Boston Bruins

1981 Dale Hawerchuk - Winnipeg Jets

1980 Doug Wickenheiser - Montreal Canadiens

1979 Rob Ramage - Colorado Rockies

1978 Bobby Smith - Minnesota North Stars

1977 Dale McCourt - Detroit Red Wings

1976 Rick Green - Washington Capitals

1975 Mel Bridgman - Philadelphia Flyers

1974 Greg Joly - Washington Capitals

1973 Denis Potvin - New York Islanders

1972 Bill Harris - New York Islanders

1971 Guy Lafleur - Montreal Canadiens

1970 Gilbert Perreault - Buffalo Sabres

1969 Rejean Houle - Montreal Canadiens

1968 Michel Plasse - Montreal Canadiens

1967 Rick Pagnutti - Los Angeles Kings

1966 Barry Gibbs - Boston Bruins

1965 Andre Veilleux - New York Rangers

1964 Claude Gauthier - Detroit Red Wings

1963 Garry Monahan - Montreal Canadiens

Well of course Jamie's gone. So much for my Langenbrunner jersey. I can now hang it with my Lemieux, Guerin, Andreychuk, Sykora and Niedermeyer jersey. Funny, I now have 2 current left-- my Arnott with came back in vogue this year for...well, I'd say at least a couple of more days and a new Kovalchuk jersey.

Jamie--thanks for the fun the last decade. We don't win without you in 2003, so I hope you realize how much you meant to us all here in NJ. We were thrilled to have you named captain of the US Olympic team, and your efforts made us proud to call you a New Jersey Devil. Best of luck in Dallas and may the hockey gods smile upon you....especially in round 1 so we get that 2nd round pick! :-)

A truly great Devil with a huge heart.

Many on this board will never understand what kind of great guy JL was at heart.

On no less than 4 occasions when wearing my Langs jersey to games I've had former players (fringe NHL'rs) pull me aside and remark with an anecdote about some heartwarming story Langs did for their family, kids, or a common charity. All of them said he loved NJ and the hockey culture that Lou had created.

On top of that he was a true leader for American hockey.

He will be missed for sure for the intangibles he brought here.

IT was time for him - and I wish him the best for his future.

Captain Clutch, Sad to see you go here in NJ. As a Devils fan from there inception I've watched the "C" come and go over the years. Jamie has been one of the best leaders we had on this team. Something happened in NJ this year, the team that looked so darn good on paper failed to deliver. With the worlds greatest goalie, two new solid defensive giants and an offensive arsenal that would have been anyone's fantasy dream team in years past, nobody would think 30th place. Maybe it was the loss of Parise, Salvador, Brodeur, Volchenkov and all the other players they have lost to injuries this season. Maybe it was a soft spoken 1st year coach, in all time Devils leader scorer Johnny MacLean who was unable to have his team gel around him. Lots of people think it had to do with a highly paid Russian superstar, the summertime contract drama involving Kovy, or his inability to adapt to the Devils hard back-checking, defensive orientated style.

What ever it was "MY" team hit a wall. As a fan from the Green & Red days, I'm behind this team every game, go to every home game and watch win or lose no matter how painful it is. Teams win and lose, Coaches get fired, Captains get traded, teams miss the playoffs. Sad thing is a Good Captain, stopped having fun playing for the team he loved and it showed at no fault to him. When the job you loved becomes a chore it affects everyone around you and that is why Jamie Langenbrunner is back in Dallas. Good luck to you Langs.

Captain Clutch, Sad to see you go here in NJ. As a Devils fan from there inception I've watched the "C" come and go over the years. Jamie has been one of the best leaders we had on this team. Something happened in NJ this year, the team that looked so darn good on paper failed to deliver. With the worlds greatest goalie, two new solid defensive giants and an offensive arsenal that would have been anyone's fantasy dream team in years past, nobody would think 30th place. Maybe it was the loss of Parise, Salvador, Brodeur, Volchenkov and all the other players they have lost to injuries this season. Maybe it was a soft spoken 1st year coach, in all time Devils leader scorer Johnny MacLean who was unable to have his team gel around him. Lots of people think it had to do with a highly paid Russian superstar, the summertime contract drama involving Kovy, or his inability to adapt to the Devils hard back-checking, defensive orientated style.

What ever it was "MY" team hit a wall. As a fan from the Green & Red days, I'm behind this team every game, go to every home game and watch win or lose no matter how painful it is. Teams win and lose, Coaches get fired, Captains get traded, teams miss the playoffs. Sad thing is a Good Captain, stopped having fun playing for the team he loved and it showed at no fault to him. When the job you loved becomes a chore it affects everyone around you and that is why Jamie Langenbrunner is back in Dallas. Good luck to you Langs.

This has to be the most eloquent post of yours I've ever read.

Impressive and Well written.

We DO NOT win game 7 in Ottawa without Jamie. He sacked the fvck up and scored 2 huge goals in that game to get us going, and I will NEVER forget that. It was a bumpy last 11 months or so, but I will always appreciate the many positive contributions Langs made to this franchise in his 9 years. Good luck in Dallas Langs. Thanks for 2003.

Good post. However, the part I have issue is "Jamie has been one of the best leaders we had on this team". That is definitely false, and the stories that have come out recently prove that even more.

This has to be the most eloquent post of yours I've ever read.

Impressive and Well written.

Thanks DevilinLA.

ThreeCups, Langenbrunner was one of the best leaders and captains the Devils had. Even some of the players (Elias, Zajac, Parise and White) had mentioned this over the last day or so since his departure. Maybe the last year or so it has turned sour and that is what is rumored to be hearing right now about Langenbrunner.