Is it panic time?

Daniel

Things are not good.  We lost to a bad team that didn't have its best player.  Four losses in a row.  For all intents and purposes this is a .500 team, which is probably not good enough in the long run to make the playoffs.  Yeah, Zubrus and Marty have been hurt, but I don't think that's what ails us. 

A shame that the last CBA didn't end one year earlier.  A much better shot that we'd still have Parise and for a manageable price at that.  Notice how we haven't won a shootout yet. 

time to panic?

relax... they just need to regroup & play like they played like the playoffs & beginning of the season.

we only lost parise were the same team. just need that spark back & play simple hockey

Things are not good.  We lost to a bad team that didn't have its best player.  Four losses in a row.  For all intents and purposes this is a .500 team, which is probably not good enough in the long run to make the playoffs.  Yeah, Zubrus and Marty have been hurt, but I don't think that's what ails us. 

A shame that the last CBA didn't end one year earlier.  A much better shot that we'd still have Parise and for a manageable price at that.  Notice how we haven't won a shootout yet. 

Not going to win many shootouts if the goalie doesn't stop the shots.

I never thought they would make the playoffs this year.

They still may, but they will be either a 7 or 8 seed if they do. Team is old and slow in a number of areas and too many one dimensional guys as well at forward and defense.

im starting to lose faith we will make the playoffs, even if lou does dump a lot of the top 6 forwards, and top 4 D. team needs a complete overhaul, and the old goalies are really showing their age. I love moose, but he has completely dropped off, time for young goalies.

It depends what you mean by panic.  If by panic you mean 'OMGZ, this team isn't going to make the playoffs!' well I can't go along with that yet.

But if you're not heavily concerned with this team by now, you're fooling yourself.  This is too many losses to bad teams to be written off as a mere bump in the road.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It depends what you mean by panic.  If by panic you mean 'OMGZ, this team isn't going to make the playoffs!' well I can't go along with that yet.

But if you're not heavily concerned with this team by now, you're fooling yourself.  This is too many losses to bad teams to be written off as a mere bump in the road.

personally im just not encouraged a lot by our future.

we have NO IDEA if Kinkaid and Wedge will do the job, NO CLUE and no one knows.

Lou doesnt have a lots of years left ahead. 

our prospect pool is really thin on offence we have NOTHING exciting coming our way like other teams have. Boucher maybe? but who knows if his game will translate.

our D is promising but i still dont see Larsson as a franchise dman. We should have a solid group in the future though.

Plus we're not as attractive for free agents like we were before too.

bunch of our guys are approaching retirement, for some its good news, for others it's bad news.

If you lose a game in the East to anyone other than Boston and a healthy Pittsburgh, you've lost to a bad team.   Montreal may have gotten out above the muck as "credibility" goes, but I'm not buying it yet.

This is different.  We lost to a non-playoff team that was missing its best player.  Similar to losing to the Islanders without Tavares. 

By panic I mean whether you think the Devils are a borderline relevant team.

No, it's not time to panic yet. Moose isn't as bad as his last 5 games, but he wasn't as good as his first 3. All things considered, they've actually been playing decently the last few games (- Winnipeg at home). If you think they weren't clearly the better team today, despite some horrific calls in OT, I dont know what to tell you</p>

Out of 21 games, I'd say the only games where the Devils played poorly were Pittsburgh the first game, Winnipeg at home, third Washington game and that 5-1 loss to the Isles. </p>

Edited by SMantzas

You guys dont realize how close the Devils were from winning the majority of these past 6-7 games. Devils were the better team for the last two games.Have some faith, he wins will come. I also agree that Zubrus' presence is a massive lost. The man does everything and creates offensive zone pressure. Lets have a better next couple of weeks and see where we are at when Dainius is healthy.

Zubrus Loktionov Kovalchuk

Elias Zajac Clarkson

Ponikarovsky Henrique Matteau

Carter Josefson Bernier

That's a solid playoff roster in my opinion. Lets hope we will at least be in the playoff race if this doom and gloom continues.

Problem is we can only afford to lose maybe 10 more games before we're out of playoff contention? Zubrus will be out at the very minimum another couple weeks. We have a ton of games to play in March. We need to get winning now. We don't have time to wait for Zubrus and Marty to return.

Problem is we can only afford to lose maybe 10 more games before we're out of playoff contention? Zubrus will be out at the very minimum another couple weeks. We have a ton of games to play in March. We need to get winning now. We don't have time to wait for Zubrus and Marty to return.

I think this team will bounce right back when Marty gets back. He is instrumental for our system, he is the third defenseman collecting most of the dump ins. It really really helps out the team. I feel like the only optimist right now :) but I truly feel this team will get back on a strong note really soon. Hopefully the Devils can have a nice stretch until Zubs comes back which is hopefully in 3 weeks. Call me crazy I guess. :whistling:

Edited by Zubie#8