Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

Hugh Weber announced on one of his tweets (about halfway down the page) that the Devils will have a new goal song for next season.

So this likely ends the 7 nation army run (unless it's in the running next year and gets re-elected) to be honest the song grew on me a bit. I wouldn't have minded it sticking around. Not sure when they're putting the kibosh on it so early.

Well, we know what it won't be at least!  :whistling:

@robmg27 Yes! There will be a new @NHLDevils goal song next season selected by our fans.

I'm ok with this.  I always felt the weak "Let's Go Devils" to drown out "You Suck" during the song is pretty lame.  Might as well keep trying until you get it right.

And, for all of the "You Suck" people:

it keeps being chanted though. I personally don't do it, but everybody around me seems to.

Selected by the fans my ass! It will be as much selected by the fans as the current monstrosity was.

And on an aside, regarding this new ownership group, was Jagr ever honored for his 700th goal? JVB would have given him the ol' painting and benz in a pre-game ceremony. Did the new owners ever even acknowledge his major milestone?

Selected by the fans my ass! It will be as much selected by the fans as the current monstrosity was.

And on an aside, regarding this new ownership group, was Jagr ever honored for his 700th goal? JVB would have given him the ol' painting and benz in a pre-game ceremony. Did the new owners ever even acknowledge his major milestone?

Unless you've achieved an all time mark in a category,  500 goals, 1000 points, 1000 games played are considered the most common "honored" milestones of one's career in the NHL.

Some of you will continue to stop at nothing to point fingers at the owners. What's next? Not giving Jagr a cake and a birthday party for turning 42?

Edited by TheRedStorm
  • Like 2

They are really doing everything in their power to eradicate YS.  Can't think of any other reason to kill SNA.  It was actually growing on me. 

There's going to be a lot of research to find a song that isn't readily adaptable to throwing YS into it.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

This makes me happy. I like SNA, but that "Let's Go Devils" chant, I think, sounds so cheap and terrible, especially on TV.  Even when I'm fortunate enough to get to games, I hate the way the chant sounds inside the arena as well. 

And I know this is random, and maybe it's just me, but does anyone notice that the cadance for the "Mar-ty" or "Co-ry" chants that they play seems slower this year? I feel like it makes the chants sound laborious. 

Unless you've achieved an all time mark in a category,  500 goals, 1000 points, 1000 games played are considered the most common "honored" milestones of one's career in the NHL.

Some of you will continue to stop at nothing to point fingers at the owners. What's next? Not giving Jagr a cake and a birthday party for turning 42?

Thats ridiculous. Dont compare scoring 700 goals to having a birthday.

They announced the milestone during an intermission or TV timeout the first home game after he reached it.  That was it.  However, like TRS said, it isn't a milestone that this team would normally honor with a pre-game ceremony.

Someone said it before, keep adding 'you suck' to the songs, and they'll keep finding new ones. Or maybe back to a horn some day.  I liked the homemade song they put on the website last year, but after it lost, I couldn't find it again. Whatever, as long as we get back to winning, this really isn't that important.