Save us Jacques Lemaire

'7'

That's it...enough. This is Deboers 4th season as Devils coach and the constant never-ending theme is blown leads blown leads and more blown leads. This team is so undisciplined and mentally weak in its own zone when trying to hold a lead. It happened in Philly to start the season (3-0 to 3-3) heck even in Tampa we were up 1-0 with about 10 to go and blew that. And the personnel changes but the results never do. They never do. Add in his bizarre, maddening roster management and the fact that we've missed the playoffs in consecutive years (unheard of for this franchise) and this year they're a penalty taking machine with no ability to kill penalties (something else that the Devil usually always do well not take penalties and KILL THEM when they do take them)

Up 3-1 to the Rags and we leave a point on the table. This was HIDEOUS.

All the good feelings of the 3-0 start are now history and we're long past the afterglow of the 2012 cup run.

You know Lou is stewing after this one. Now I don't expect any knee jerk moves from him as that's not his style. Deboer won't be on his ass tomorrow. But I think this game better start a clock in Lou's head, where if they're not playing up to capability by a certain date then Deboer is a goner. This team is really talented. We have depth and speed and are better than the crap that occurred tonight.

THE fvck WAS GIONTA DOING OUT THERE WITH ELIAS WITH LIKE A MINUTE TO GO?

I'm shocked at how long Lou has tolerated gag-job hockey. Claude Julien was fired for being in first place. Larry got fired a year after making it to the finals and 2 years after WINNING a Cup. Pete DeBoer can turn this team into an on-ice circus and he just gets a pass for YEARS

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

I was going to make this thread tomorrow morning after we had all cooled down but.. fvck is this man pissing me the fvck off.

Why was Larsson benched in the third? Why was Zidlicky playing after his embarrassing turnover? WHY WERE OUR TWO WORST DEFENSEMEN PAIRED TOGETHER

That's it...enough. This is Deboers 4th season as Devils coach and the constant never-ending theme is blown leads blown leads and more blown leads. This team is so undisciplined and mentally weak in its own zone when trying to hold a lead. It happened in Philly to start the season (3-0 to 3-3) heck even in Tampa we were up 1-0 with about 10 to go and blew that. And the personnel changes but the results never do. They never do. Add in his bizarre, maddening roster management and the fact that we've missed the playoffs in consecutive years (unheard of for this franchise) and this year they're a penalty taking machine with no ability to kill penalties (something else that the Devil usually always do well not take penalties and KILL THEM when they do take them)

Up 3-1 to the Rags and we leave a point on the table. This was HIDEOUS.

All the good feelings of the 3-0 start are now history and we're long past the afterglow of the 2012 cup run.

You know Lou is stewing after this one. Now I don't expect any knee jerk moves from him as that's not his style. Deboer won't be on his ass tomorrow. But I think this game better start a clock in Lou's head, where if they're not playing up to capability by a certain date then Deboer is a goner. 

THE fvck WAS GIONTA DOING OUT THERE WITH ELIAS WITH LIKE A MINUTE TO GO?

Glad you started this.  I wanted to vomit when I saw Gionta out there.

Also, you can't exclusively blame the defensive breakdowns on the young guys.  A lot of the time its Greene, Salvador, Zidlicky out there.

And just an fyi I'm not endorsing Lemaire it's just that he's Lou's go-to guy and will likely get the first call.

Also I don't think Schneider was particularly sharp in this one, but he wasn't piss poor either. The Rags 2nd goal was impossible, but we needed a big save on the game winner. Lundqvist was a brick wall late in the game once it was 3-3

Edited by '7'

I was going to make this thread tomorrow morning after we had all cooled down but.. fvck is this man pissing me the fvck off.

Why was Larsson benched in the third? Why was Zidlicky playing after his embarrassing turnover? WHY WERE OUR TWO WORST DEFENSEMEN PAIRED TOGETHER

Larsson might very well go back to Sweden tomorrow.  The treatment of him is bordering on ridiculous.  I would absolutely go to Lou and ask him to trade me if I were Larsson.

This is just putrid. This team plays awesome for the whole game, but for some reason when the clock hits round the 5 minute mark, they just go crazy and start panicking in their own end. Turnovers after turnovers after turnovers. PDB doesn't seem to know how to get those guys ready for thos late game moments. Something needs to be done here. This team has talent, and blown leads can't be the cause of losses anymore.

EDIT : Ohhh yeah, Clowe and Zubrus in OT, great speed coach. Wow.

and also...

G-I-O-N-T-A 

Edited by Devs3cups

It really is that fluke 2012 cup run that's keeping PDB employed at this point.

If they bowed out early that year I bet we'd have a different coach right now. For better or worse.

we almost did, because we blew a 2-0 lead to Florida with like 5 min to go in game 7. Heck we could've won that series before that if we didn't blow a 3-0 lead in a game a few days earlier.

we almost did, because we blew a 2-0 lead to Florida with like 5 min to go in game 7. Heck we could've won that series before that if we didn't blow a 3-0 lead in a game a few days earlier.

And his teams in Florida blew tons of leads too. Edited by MadDog2020