Flyers Vs Ottawa

DevilMinder

Ottawa has the offense, has the defense, but when I look for a fault, I come upon Lalime. He's a good goalie no doubt, but is he a Marty? Absolutely not (of course not many are) but anyways, remember the "stress" Marty was under when facing Roy in 01. I feel as if it might be a similar situation for Lalime. The Devils can beat Ottawa, but anyone can beat anyone. If all was going well for both teams and there were no injuries, my pick would be Devils in 7 because of the advantage in the crease and playoff experience, the 3rd round would be a whole new world for the Sens

Chico, my thoughts exactly. I don't think we can compare Brodeur and Lalime as to Brodeur and Waaahhh--I think the media comparisons may have messed with Marty a little bit being that he said he admired the Twitcher growing up. Lalime is certainly not up to Waaah standards (not saying you implied that). That is why I think the O would really need to step things up.

I listened to the Ottawa feed tonight. It sounded like the Sens played a horrible first period getting only two shots.

Maybe Philly thought the game was theirs after that. I don't know but one thing I do know is that if you give the skilled Senators any room for chances, they can make you pay in a hurry. That's what it sounded like happened tonight. They just exploded in the 2nd and fed off Hossa's highlight reel goal.

I also noticed that Lalime made a few sparkling saves late to preserve that 3-2 lead before they got Chara's rocket that trickled off Cechmanek to give them the insurance marker.

Anyway, just a sidenote to this game. Ottawa drew over 17,000 for it, short of a sellout.

They have 700 tickets available for Game Two.

Now, I'm just going to throw an opinion out there. Maybe it's just me but how come Western Conference teams don't have as many attendance problems as Eastern ones?

Minnesota sells out every game. Vancouver's soldout tonight. Dallas sells out routinely. Anaheim is the only team out of the four that might not draw a sellout.

In the East, you have Ottawa not getting capacity for these games. Philly has come up short as well. Surprising. The Devs are well documented.

The only team that's surprised in this area out of the four is Tampa Bay. They have over 21,000 seats and soldout for Game 5 last round. Not sure about the other two games but I could check.

If you took it a step further, Detroit and Colorado have no problems selling out.

Toronto was capacity for that Game 6 against Philly.

Just the usual attendance issue once again.

Anyway, just a sidenote to this game. Ottawa drew over 17,000 for it, short of a sellout.

They have 700 tickets available for Game Two.

Now, I'm just going to throw an opinion out there. Maybe it's just me but how come Western Conference teams don't have as many attendance problems as Eastern ones?

Minnesota sells out every game. Vancouver's soldout tonight. Dallas sells out routinely. Anaheim is the only team out of the four that might not draw a sellout.

In the East, you have Ottawa not getting capacity for these games. Philly has come up short as well. Surprising. The Devs are well documented.

The only team that's surprised in this area out of the four is Tampa Bay. They have over 21,000 seats and soldout for Game 5 last round. Not sure about the other two games but I could check.

If you took it a step further, Detroit and Colorado have no problems selling out.

Toronto was capacity for that Game 6 against Philly.

Just the usual attendance issue once again.

Starting this sh!t again, are we?

Asses in seats, great. No asses in seats, what can someone like me do? The seats I have as season tickets have been filled every single game including the playoffs. That's all I can do to help attendance and sure for a big game, we'll get extra tickets but not everyone has the same priorities and the same card dealt to them. Hockey is important as hell to me but would I rather go to a game or have freakin' heat in my house, you decide......

Starting this sh!t again, are we?

Zamode, some people are being supersensitive to a legitimate NHL issue. This isn't just about the Devils anymore. It's a leaguewide problem. They talk about fixing the game when the CBA is up in 2004. But what about making the game more accessible to its fans???

Attendance has never been so porous for a postseason. Something has to be done like making the tickets more affordable. Times are very tough.

Just because people don't like to hear it doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed to be posted.

What are everyone's thoughts of meeting up with Ottawa?

Let's just focus on Tampa Bay!

After I yelled "Lightning" during the Rangers chant, I noticed more "Lightning"s the next time around. Nice to see some fans get it that we should be more concerned about the opposing team on the ice instead of the one in the golf course.

Let's just focus on Tampa Bay!

After I yelled "Lightning" during the Rangers chant, I noticed more "Lightning"s the next time around. Nice to see some fans get it that we should be more concerned about the opposing team on the ice instead of the one in the golf course.

Rock, you are a class act. I wish more fans were like that. I hate the Potvin chant now.

Derek you certainly are allowed to discuss it but you know it is a sore subject with no immediate answer. This whole topic was rather heated today in the Attendance thread already with DR33 and RD. I think being at the bottom of the tri-state pole does not help. The prices are outrageous and it's not in the area of much else. I don't see a solution while they are at CAA.

Attendance has never been so porous for a postseason.  Something has to be done like making the tickets more affordable.  Times are very tough.

Just because people don't like to hear it doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed to be posted.  

Derek I'm sorry but it's grist for another day. Some of us are following the playoffs. Right now the games on the ice is the most important thing. Yeah I'd like to see CAA filled up, but only to help the Devils win their games there. The HOCKEY is the MAIN THING!

Why is whenever the Devils are doing well, this board gets inundated with fans of other teams coming over here to point out the Devils play boring hockey, the Devils can't sell out, etc? Blah blah blah.

SCREW THAT!! All these outside issues take a back seat.

THE DEVILS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS AND DOING WELL RIGHT NOW!! LET US ENJOY IT WHILE WE CAN!!!!!

Derek you certainly are allowed to discuss it but you know it is a sore subject with no immediate answer. This whole topic was rather heated today in the Attendance thread already with DR33 and RD. I think being at the bottom of the tri-state pole does not help. The prices are outrageous and it's not in the area of much else. I don't see a solution while they are at CAA.

Zam, I understand why it's so controversial here. I think we agree on the reasons why. I would like to see this improve for us because we are the ones that support those great athletes. Fans should be thought of.

I have my own thoughts on what they could do to fix it.

Hopefully, things will improve as a whole.

Enjoy watching your team while you can.

Now what do you mean by that?

Time is ticking. Nobody knows what the future holds after this postseason and next year. So, enjoy the present success your team is having.

HOnestly I think if we are playing "Devils" hockey we beat either of those 2 teams. I think the defense has been great and Marty has been great so far. We have gotten the timely goals and have showed our depth. I do think Philly would be an easier draw than Ottawa, although either team would most likely be a 7 gamer.

To the Attendance-issue:

Everybody who's seriously concerned about that might just clean up his bad conscience and regard defensive nj-hockey as a good type of hockey- I think that's a typical human psychology problem - many can't get loose of the feeling that only starmentality deserves success. Tell the world you own Forsbergs, Sakics, Hulls, Yzermans or Guerins and nobody will sue you for winning a Stanley Cup. But as far as you're not riding high above all criticism and winning the Cup by one-goal difference, people will point their fingers at you. The Devils are simply not playing popular hockey, its defensive style and some believe they are only one hair above being a goalie-only-team. And as long as the Devils still win they think they have to make you feel sorry for being a Devilsfan. :blink:

- as for the defensive style, I think thats what lifts New Jersey past the Senators. The Sens can only win against offensive teams, because they are defensively well themselves. Name Redden, Chara, Phillips and Lalime that keep their own zone clear. They only collapse at times (see 2st period against Philly) but they get on a ride there easily and keep the back free for offensive going by Hossa and co. But they have not met a defensive team as the Devils yet and they will be lookin sadly if their tactics burns out in a hurry. Hossa won't ever score that goals on Brodeur. He can do on Snow or Chech, but not on Marty. :D