Elias fined

Marshall

Not really on topic, but Elias really has been one of the most pleasant surprises this season. Roughly a point-per-game offensively? Couldn't really have expected that.

He has a decent shot to finish his career with 1000 points...even an outside shot to finish with 900 by season's end.

I thought Elias' play was fairly dirty, and probably deserved a game, but I think even Shanahan realized he passed on too many questionable hits on Devils' players. Devils were lucky to only get a minor on the play.

Still confused how the boarding hit on Clarkson has, not escaped punishment, but any review whatsoever.

I thought Elias' play was fairly dirty, and probably deserved a game, but I think even Shanahan realized he passed on too many questionable hits on Devils' players. Devils were lucky to only get a minor on the play.

Still confused how the boarding hit on Clarkson has, not escaped punishment, but any review whatsoever.

Which one? There were two.

I hope that Shanahan took the context of the game into account - that three Devils had been run with 0 penalties called. Elias just figured boarding was legal now.

• Like 1

Patty's stellar reputation throughout his long career certainly came into play in the fine-only decision.

+1

Dirty hit from a clean player. Merits a penalty/wake up call, but not a suspension.

I know I should be happy he wasn't suspended given the way the league treats the Devils but this fine still rubs me the wrong way.

hah its like saying i saw what you did there

well did you miss what they did too, no, ok

...@shanny

Edited by lazer

I expected 1 game. Nice to see the NHL be lenient after screwing us over consistently.

yeah but since Shanny got his VP position, he's been turning into the Safety Nazi. Fining people and handing out suspensions for any hit along the boards practically, even if there was no in-game penalty! I could see if it was called in game but to go scrutinize video probably frame by frame after the fact and then issue punishment is a little extreme. Pretty soon they'll outlaw hitting entirely and it'll just be pond hockey. Might as well lose the defensemen, isn't it their job to put big hits on the opposing forwards?