Will Parise Really Stay In NJ?

Quinn01

Let's wait until at least January to start these pleaseeeeee

exactly. ppl saying trade him for so-and-so shouldnt be allowed in the arena. ZACH PARISE IS THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS. this isnt brian gionta, this isnt brian rafalski, this isnt even patrick elias. zach is a much more skilled player and if you dont think lou knows that, then youre nuts. parise will be here for a long time you can bet on that, and if he's not its not because we cant afford him. devils fans, EVERY TIME PARISE TOUCHES THE PUCK AT HOME WE SHOULD CHEER. In my opinion thats a fantastic idea. it will show the support he has here. anyone else with me???

exactly. ppl saying trade him for so-and-so shouldnt be allowed in the arena. ZACH PARISE IS THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS. this isnt brian gionta, this isnt brian rafalski, this isnt even patrick elias. zach is a much more skilled player and if you dont think lou knows that, then youre nuts. parise will be here for a long time you can bet on that, and if he's not its not because we cant afford him. devils fans, EVERY TIME PARISE TOUCHES THE PUCK AT HOME WE SHOULD CHEER. In my opinion thats a fantastic idea. it will show the support he has here. anyone else with me???

This guy...I like this guy's enthusiasm

Edited by Devilsfan118

If we trade we better get like Josh Harding, another player like Devin Setoguchi and a pick.

if it's Minnesota lets get Heatley (although he's 31), Harding, and a pick.

But regardless, lets hope our boy Zach is stayin in Jersey.. and I almost wish this thread was never started because i cant stand talking about this subject more than we already are

Sorry but you lost me at saying parise has meant more to this team than Elias. You obviously have not watched the team and how much he meant to the team between 99 and 04.

IMO, Parise will be this generation of Devils fans "Brendan Shanahan". Only there won't be a Scott Stevens coming back.

I started watching the team only about a year or less before he left and therefore my momeories of him are fairly fuzzy. However, was Shanny that beloved and celebrated by the fans as much as Parise is today? In other words, was he viewed upon the same then as we look at Parise now?

I started watching the team only about a year or less before he left and therefore my momeories of him are fairly fuzzy. However, was Shanny that beloved and celebrated by the fans as much as Parise is today? In other words, was he viewed upon the same then as we look at Parise now?

It's hard to put an exact feeling on Shanahan in terms of 20 years ago like it is today with Parise. Today, fans can celebrate their love for players in so many more ways. Shanny didn't have things like facebook, social media, message boards, the assorted memorabilia, public autograph signings (well, he did have one i know of. A free signing at a K-Mart in Wayne in October 1987. I was there!). I am willing to venture if Shanahan had what Parise has today at his disposal, he'd hold his own.

I remember well when Shanahan was a rookie and I was an STH during Shanahan's last two years here. I never heard one person have anything negative to say about him and everyone had a bad feeling he was leaving during the summer of 1991. He was a popular player with a personality, talent and he was the power forward the Devils were going to build around. He was just coming into his own as a player when he left. I remember seeing a woman tearing opening night 1991 when the Devils played the Blues with Shanny in St. Louis colors.

Stevens coming back in return as compensation softened the blow at the time somewhat, but Devils fans watched Shanahan blossom as a Blue with two 50 goal seasons before the Devils won their first Cup with Stevens. Overall, the Devils made out in the end quite nicely, but there was a time where it looked and could have turned out differently.

Edited by SJP20
  • Like 1