GDT: Isles @ Devils 7:30PM - Marty's Last Game?

ThreeCups

I'm not going to get on Marty this weekend...it's almost over (at least it better be here).  He probably chalks it up to not playing.

'Special announcement' after the period... I'm gonna miss Chico.

Me too.  A lot.  Wish him the best in everything he does.

Seriously STFU and let me enjoy this possibly last/second to last game of Marty's. We are out of the playoffs.

who the fvck are you and when did you even register for this message board?

you don't like what I say? TOUGH. you don't have the right to tell anybody to STFU. If I want to criticize a bad goalie, I will do so. Don't really care what the last remaining Brodeur fanboys have to say

Edited by '7'

who the fvck are you and when did you even register for this message board?

you don't like what I say? TOUGH. you don't have the right to tell anybody to STFU. If I want to criticize a bad goalie, I will do so. Don't really care what the last remaining Brodeur fanboys have to say

Lol. I didn't say you couldn't. You dish it out, better be willing to take it back.

It really is a crying shame with Brodeur, it really is. Forget how much you love or hate him, this was a chance missed tonight or Sunday that might not ever never happen again with this franchise. Living legend, a player of his stature in the sport and importance to the franchise, he should have had a full house, screaming fans, tears, televised across Canada....everything that goes with Legend status. Put the Devils in the NY/NJ spotlight, a scene perhaps that envoked Gretzky's retirement at home. In a year of sh!tting the bed it would have been a great scene.......

.....if only he had announced his retirement at some point.

Forget that you hate him or love him again. It just sucks.

It really is a crying shame with Brodeur, it really is. Forget how much you love or hate him, this was a chance missed tonight or Sunday that might not ever never happen again with this franchise. Living legend, a player of his stature in the sport and importance to the franchise, he should have had a full house, screaming fans, tears, televised across Canada....everything that goes with Legend status. Put the Devils in the NY/NJ spotlight, a scene perhaps that envoked Gretzky's retirement at home. In a year of sh!tting the bed it would have been a great scene.......

it's strange...but either he needs the money (in which case I don't blame him, 500k a year is not chump change) or he is delusional enough to think somebody is giving him more than 15 games next year.

Edited by '7'

That didn't not happen because he didn't announce his retirement, that didn't happen because we're not the NBA/NFL/MLB so ESPN and others don't give a sh!t about us and we are also not the New York Rangers, who, when no one else will celebrate them, they just do it themselves.

Brodeur's numbers are momentous and if this were one of the top 3 sports, this would have been the biggest news story for two months already.

The Detroit game before the deadline felt more like a send off then this one which just seems like another game. Problem is like you said, we don't know if this is Martys last game and he could possibly start Sunday as well.

I won't even be shocked if when Marty sees there are no better options out there takes a million from us to play 15 games or so and go out as a Devil next season.

That didn't not happen because he didn't announce his retirement, that didn't happen because we're not the NBA/NFL/MLB so ESPN and others don't give a sh!t about us and we are also not the New York Rangers, who, when no one else will celebrate them, they just do it themselves.

Brodeur's numbers are momentous and if this were one of the top 3 sports, this would have been the biggest news story for two months already.

If Brodeur would have said in, say, January "Hey, i'm done after this season" and the last two home games (whatever one he plays in) wouldn't have been a big deal, then that's severely underestimating the occasion and importance of his stature as a franchise/generational icon. This WOULD have been the rare time the franchise would have turned into the Rangers. There's no way he suits up, plays, and just comes out and talks to Deb at center ice and walks into the locker room. No way. 

Edited by TheRedStorm