Holik mentions team 4 times in 2 articles

StarDew

For starters I dew not have the time to find these articles and post them...perhaps someone else will...they are both from today's Star Ledger and are entitled - Lindros is rusty in return and Rangers waster OT point again...here are the snippets:

Regarding Lindros :I'm sure it was very emotional game for him , playing against the Flyers, and he wanted to get right into it," Holik said. "If we all tried as hard as he did, we'd all be in better shape.

"The Flyers elvevated their game in the third periond and in overtime, and we did not," Bobby Holik said. "We just need to settle everyone down, we seem to be a little too hyper."

"We're anxious to prevent something instead of trying to create something." Holik said. "We seem to try to prevent them from scoring and we try a little too hard. We have to let (the play) come to us in ouw own end."

Last but not least (I get a kick out of this):

"Is playing well going to get us in the playoffs, or is winning games going to get us in the playoffs?" Holik said. "We can't keep going, just playing well, but losing points like this."

Excuse me but did he not put a restraint on himself to talk only about himself???? Positive or negative has nothing to dew with it...in the past his slams of the Ranjuhs were right too ya know and slams are negative...Sather wanted this stuff to stay with the team not the media...Holik has no control with his mandibles :rofl:

Edited by StarDew

Yeah, he's improved - instead of yammering once every six games, he's doing it once every twelve. :P

and thats his personal best... go bobby!!!! you big sellout you...

Call him a sell out if you want, but remember, the Devils were right there with a similar offer.

Yeah, a similar offer of less money for fewer years and no bonuses (that pay Holik in the event of a lockout)

I also noticed these quotes, because I think it was just yesterday or the day before that there was a huge article in the Ledger about how he had come to this profound personal decision not to talk about the team anymore. It seems so rediculous that he couldn't hold it in for a single game.

It's like a 4 year old that gets into a staring contest with you, you raise an eyebrow and they burst out laughing. Bobby Holik has the self control of a 4 year old.

I thought the contract issues were settled in favor of Holik.

He was right with what he said about the Rangers

Why dew some people get so obsessed with Holik. Get over it he's gone.

The financial offer by the Devils wasn't the same or even close to Rangers offer. Get over that. He isn't coming back either so get over that.

Talk about whipping boy. Some of you need to grow up, move on and get past it.

If you want to bitch about a player try Gomez, he is on the Devils.

Hey NJDevsRock

Gomez is on the Devil's team in case you haven't noticed, unlike Holik.

Gomez is hurting the Devils in case you haven't noticed 7 out of 7 faceoffs he lost in a row against Ottawa unlike Holik. Forgot to post when put on 4th line he got the faceoff which resulted in score. Not bad 1 out of 8 that talent and quality.

Edited by Ice Man

Hey NJDevsRock

Gomez is on the Devil's team in case you haven't noticed, unlike Holik.

Gomez is hurting the Devils in case you haven't noticed 7 out of 7 faceoffs he lost in a row against Ottawa unlike Holik. Forgot to post when put on 4th line he got the faceoff which resulted in score. Not bad 1 out of 8 that talent and quality.

Yes Gomez is on the team and Holik is not... Thank you CNN.... I did not know that Holik did better in faceoffs against ottawa... You must be a big Holik Fan... As for Gomez, I think he is a better play than you given him credit for...

He had this to say about the loss to the Oilers:

"We do think sometimes that we can beat someone on talent only. It just doesn't work that way," he said. "I don't know when we're going to learn."

Holik blamed the Rangers, saying they were outworked by the younger, hungrier Oilers.

"I hope we are nowhere near satisfied with what we've accomplished," he said. "We've had a lot of games at home. Personally., I don't think we're anywhere near where we need to be."

I'd like to see Holik as Captain. He played a whale of a game tonight with Lindros. The loss certainly wasn't his fault. Bobby was +2 and scored twice. I still think he redirected another and should have had a hat trick. Bobby is playing like he did with the Devils. He's become a leader and his quotes are right on. A few players (Kovalev, Nedved, Poti, etc.) did not give the sort of effort it takes to win.

Bobby Holik should be an early Selke Candidate for how he's played. He is everywhere and is definitely the team's best player aside from Dunham.

And why is it so bad when Holik's criticism is right on? He's doing what it takes to win. Like Sather said, "If everyone played like Bobby Holik, they would be a very good team."

Holik for Captain.

Yeah, I just watched the replay of the Rags game (I only saw the third period live), Holik did have a pretty kickass game.

However, Derek, Holik will never be Captain, at least, not on the New York Rangers.

Why?

Simple: Mark Messier. The guy will still be playing at 84, on the New York Rangers, still with the C.

:evil:

He and Stevens should think of a business they can go into together.

How about a business where they sell the names of idiotic fans who say the stupidest things about their "favorite" teams and players? This board could buy such a list and then know who not to pay attention to when they say anything.