Brodeur sees road’s end

Rock

In all honesty what the hell are we going to do for a goalie? Marty has very little left in the tank and Hedberg is old. Our defense is a shell of it's former self. I like the offensive direction we're trying to go but in all honesty we don't really score that much, we have been lately but last nights 1 goal performance seems to be a repeat occurrence this year.

We're so spoiled because we had someone like Brodeur. I just wish we started looking at goalies 5-7 years ago instead of signing someone like Kovalchuck I guess. Defense wins championships.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

In all honesty what the hell are we going to do for a goalie? Marty has very little left in the tank and Hedberg is old. Our defense is a shell of it's former self. I like the offensive direction we're trying to go but in all honesty we don't really score that much, we have been lately but last nights 1 goal performance seems to be a repeat occurrence this year.

We're so spoiled because we had someone like Brodeur. I just wish we started looking at goalies 5-7 years ago instead of signing someone like Kovalchuck I guess. Defense wins championships.

You need to forward this question to Lou.....I hope he has a plan for the very near future and long term future of this team. He tends to do things under the gun the last few seasons which cost us a lot of money for players coming in that arent as talented as the players leaving.

At season's end, we'll have no goalies under contract with the big club. Here's the 2012 class of goalie UFAs. Take your pick.

We don't need a long term soluton in net, and I'd also say that I'd be very wary of going out and signing a goalie to big money long term. Josh Harding would be a interesting look. He's young, coming off bad knees, but he's having a good year - will look to maybe start somewhere else. Bet we could get him for 3 years 3-4M. Harding and his knee issues should hold out, one would think, for another couple years until he hits his 30s.

its absolutely unfair to Hedberg who played way better than Marty this year so far, he won a big game in Dallas for us just to see Marty starting the next 3 even if we didnt win because of his good performance or anything and lost the other one on soft goals

Thats the life of the backup goaltender. Its nothing to take personally.

Edited by Quinn01

except for the tues and fri theyve been split even, backup? theyve been sharing, i cant take anymore of this marty bs and yes i think he still got it...and im liking debo mo and mo

he hasnt costed us games if one and our top line cant score and gives up goals

yes moose is lights out, the ufa list all i see is marty

im all for them getting even toi

Edited by lazer

When it starts costing DeBoer a few more games he will get the picture. Brodeur has been lucky enough to get wins out of some of his bad starts.

More like when it becomes neccesary to make the change. Right now the Devils are still in the thick of the playoff picture and there's more than half the season left. They still have time to find out if Brodeur is truly finished or if he's just struggling because of half the defense being on the shelf. It's not as if we're in the beginning of March and we're on the bubble. It's getting to that point fast but we're not there yet.

But replacing him isn't as easy as doing a double click and changing a fantasy lineup. You're talking about a guy that's immensely respected in the locker room, a legend being benched by a guy who's in his first year coaching the team. PDB's got to be very careful in how he handles it. Once he makes the change, he can't go back...not unless you want to become the Flyers and have it become a joke of a carousel. What happens if you do replace him with Hedberg and Hedberg gets hurt or turns into a pumpkin, then you have to go back to Marty who's been terrible and benched.

At season's end, we'll have no goalies under contract with the big club. Here's the 2012 class of goalie UFAs. Take your pick.

Hmmm Montoya maybe? He's only 27 seemed to do pretty freaking well against us the 2 times we faced him. Not that our offense is extremely scary or anything.

Jesus fvcking christ !!! Brodeur is starting friday!!!

Whyyyyy !?!? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !?!?!!!!?!!!!!!!!

He's had a few days off. I dunno why I'm trying to justify the start, sorry. I think the Devils will win though. I don't have that nervous feeling I had against the Rangers. Although I've had that feeling since 2007 since they've played the Rangers.

So I was arguing with someone that Brodeur was an incredible goalie & this is the response on got: Incredible goalie? His backups over his career have the same save percentage as he does.

His career save percentage is 91% and the NHL average is 90%. He played for the best defensive system in NHL history for years. I'll give that extra 1% to his defense so that makes Brodeur an average goalie on good teams.

Also, Brodeur has a below average penalty kill save percentage and an average shootout save percentage.

The media and so called experts forgot to mention all this!!!

Any thoughts or arguments on this?

So I was arguing with someone that Brodeur was an incredible goalie & this is the response on got: Incredible goalie? His backups over his career have the same save percentage as he does.

His career save percentage is 91% and the NHL average is 90%. He played for the best defensive system in NHL history for years. I'll give that extra 1% to his defense so that makes Brodeur an average goalie on good teams.

Also, Brodeur has a below average penalty kill save percentage and an average shootout save percentage.

The media and so called experts forgot to mention all this!!!

Any thoughts or arguments on this?

The big thing about Brodeur is that he's been consistant all those years... Thats the impressive thing and thats why hes having all those records... And thats what you need a goalie that you know who can do the job days in days out