Devils sign F Arron Asham

empulse27

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, I dont care to be signing rangers, islanders, and former flyers (zubrus), but all these signings do have potential to work out on different levels. asham could turn into a more productive 4th/3rd liner than rass, although I dont approve the spelling of his first name (arron???)

hey this dude outscored the ENTIRE 4th line last year... by HIMSELF!!

This is a good thing....already Asham and Clakrson makes for a good start to a 4th line that can be useful... maybe Rass comes back as the center ??

(yes I know we have Rupp, but that don't mean we gotta play him :P)

this team has a lot of interchangable peices again too... liking that

I am fond of the way Lou picks up guys who's heads I want to smack when we play against them! Well who I want to smack yet feel mildly envious of (Why can't OUR guys do that?) as opposed to "G_______D! I HATE THAT F___KER!!!"

Rass was pretty happy - pretty content - sadly started just lacking in freshness.

A new spin on a 3rd line and 4th line idea.

Possibly having the Brylin-Madden-Pando line together as the 4th line to play defense. And to play powerplay kills.

Have our rougher who can score with Asham-Rupp-Clarkson play a 3rd line role, because Rupp can score, Clarkson can score, and yup Asham can too. Looks like a strong lineup.

Rasmussen was gone before we signed Asham - this just makes it more obvious.

Asham played a good deal on the third line last year for the Islanders - he's got some skills. I suppose now a line of Asham-Brylin-x where x is Rupp, Janssen, or Viukhola is capable of actually playing 8 minutes a game, but it's still not all that valuable. Perhaps Lou thinks Asham can play RW with Madden and Pandolfo? That means a fourth line of Rupp-Brylin-Clarkson which actually sounds quite appealing.

A new spin on a 3rd line and 4th line idea.

Possibly having the Brylin-Madden-Pando line together as the 4th line to play defense. And to play powerplay kills.

Have our rougher who can score with Asham-Rupp-Clarkson play a 3rd line role, because Rupp can score, Clarkson can score, and yup Asham can too. Looks like a strong lineup.