64 replies to this topic

#21 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

The fact that Daneyko is spelled with a 3 seems extremely fitting. That's some unintentional awesomeness, right there.

It's cuz o' my name young laddy. Remember, I am contributing half a pokemon card and a buck 75.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#22 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

Can't believe I missed this thread. I have a Canadian Toonie. I'm sure it's worth about $2 American, give or take...
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#23 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:30 PM

Any thoughts on the local bars pre or postgame?

The Arena Bar is good because it's convenient, but I don't think it's anything special, and every time I've been there, its PACKED. Someone's eventually going to figure out that they should buy some land and slap another bar right there on the block between Arena Bar and the Rock.

Scully's pub scene is probably my favorite place. I went to Hell's Kitchen after last's night game, and it was cool place to hang out too.

Also been to Guitar Bar, which actually had a really cool set-up, but out of the way and hidden, and someplace on Ferry Street that seemed like a sh!tty NY club. Loud horrible music. Overall though, I'm stoked that there's places to go after the games instead of hanging out in a parking lot in East Rutherford or having to drive somewhere.

Checked out Hell's Kitchen today before the game. AWESOME DEVILS BAR. Wish I had a chance to drink there earlier in the season. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to hang out before a Devils game. I'd even go there to watch a playoffs game, if I can't get tickets.

Stopped in at Scully's Publick House after the game today. Another fine drinking establishment! It was packed!

There really are some cool places to go around the Rock!

Do not be afraid of Newark Devils fans!

GO DEVILS.

:gd: :thumbsup:

#24 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

Epic thread revival? How's the migit-filled, stripper-poled out no-rangers-allowed Dan3yko Is God bar complete with balloons and a water slide working out?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#25 J0llyR0ger

J0llyR0ger

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

Well since this came up I'll have to say go to Brick City.

First time I went Clarkson and Parise we're sitting a couple tables down from me. (I was eating since I'm not 21). Along with Parise's hot girlfriend, and the hot bartenders everywhere.
Posted Image

#26 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

Epic thread revival? How's the migit-filled, stripper-poled out no-rangers-allowed Dan3yko Is God bar complete with balloons and a water slide working out?

Since the recession hit, I had to take back my original offer to invest my jar of pennies so I could buy peanut butter. But my offer of the high five is still very much on the table. In fact, I will up my investment to an enthusiastic high five, instead of the half-assed one I was gonna give earlier.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#27 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

That's the spirit! :koolaid:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#28 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

I'll lend my epically verbose defenses of Newark and the building of the Arena there to this cause.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#29 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

Since the recession hit, I had to take back my original offer to invest my jar of pennies so I could buy peanut butter. But my offer of the high five is still very much on the table. In fact, I will up my investment to an enthusiastic high five, instead of the half-assed one I was gonna give earlier.

Watch out, there's been numerous reports of peanut butter being tainted with Anssi Salmela these days, y'know.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#30 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:58 PM

Watch out, there's been numerous reports of peanut butter being tainted with Anssi Salmela these days, y'know.

:rofl:

It really is a shame about the PB outbreak, since it ranks up there with beer, boobs and hockey as the greatest things ever.
Posted Image

#31 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:54 AM

:rofl:

It really is a shame about the PB outbreak, since it ranks up there with beer, boobs and hockey as the greatest things ever.

In that case, the stripper poles will be lined with peanut butter. I also recently got a good quote on a water slide from the owners of the now-defunct Action Pack. They even offered to installed it in exchange for a lifetime pass good for free Belvedere. I told them they were crazy and we have settled on free Majorksa. Light.

Dan3kyo is God LIVES!

#32 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

In that case, the stripper poles will be lined with peanut butter. I also recently got a good quote on a water slide from the owners of the now-defunct Action Pack. They even offered to installed it in exchange for a lifetime pass good for free Belvedere. I told them they were crazy and we have settled on free Majorksa. Light.

Dan3kyo is God LIVES!

Ahh, Action Park. Had many good times there.

"There's nothing in the world like Action Park!"

Edited by 95Crash, 07 March 2009 - 08:53 AM.

#33 HockeyPilot18

HockeyPilot18

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

I'll contribute my Yuengling sign, and about 65 cents!

Posted Image

"Scott Stevens Was Here"

Posted Image
Official Keeper of the Scott Stevens K.O.
Official Keeper of the Jamie Langenbrunner "umm"

#34 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

I would like to give my pickle jar of like $120, some random Devils wall decor and ideas for a menu if we're serving food, as long as I can bartend. :D

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#35 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:18 AM

I would like to give my pickle jar of like $120, some random Devils wall decor and ideas for a menu if we're serving food, as long as I can bartend. :D

You need to man... err.. woman?.... the cupcake stand!!!!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#36 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

Cupcakes and peanut butter covered stripper poles ... this will officially be the greatest place on earth.
Posted Image

#37 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:06 AM

"There's nothing in the world like Action Park!"

The Alpine slides were the best! Watching the wipeouts was almost as cool as riding down!

moj8681, See if they have any of those "Race Cars" left! We could do sobriety test obstacle courses on Beaver Alley!

:idea: Beaver Alley... hmmmm... Good name for an establishment, or at least a backroom in an establishment. B )

Compromise! CUPCAKE SHOOTERS! :dance:

Edited by Masked Fan, 11 March 2009 - 07:12 AM.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#38 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:00 PM

Compromise! CUPCAKE SHOOTERS! :dance:

Oh hell... I never thought about that! Like those ones you can get in Applebees or Fridays! Ooooooooooooh. :D

#39 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:38 AM

Oh hell... I never thought about that! Like those ones you can get in Applebees or Fridays! Ooooooooooooh. :D

I think we have our st patty's day request!!!!! :dance:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#40 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

I think we have our st patty's day request!!!!! :dance:

I do have the equipment to make those little bite size ones. Hmmmm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users