Langenbrunner Just scored for Dallas

msweet

He's gone, he's a Star now. I don't wish him ill or anything like that (quite the opposite in fact), but beyond that I don't give a rats behind about him or the Stars. Score, don't score, sit, get scratched....it's all background noise I can't be bothered with. No difference between him and Souray now as far as I'm concerned.

Good for Langenbrunner playing in his 1000th game and was lucky enough to score a PPG in that game. He has really done nothing in Dallas until that game so its the same old same old with him just in a different location. I could careless what he does now that he is gone from the Devils. Wish him well but it is time to move on now from him. He had his good years here and now its over. I never hated Langs. Met and talked to him many times and to me was a good guy. Just moving on now and need to follow and worry about the players on this Devils team.

You're missing the point. The anti-Langenbrunner people are not angry at him for leaving. He got traded, so that wouldn't even really make sense. They are angry at him for quitting on the team last year and spreading his bad attitude throughout the locker room. Yeah he had some good seasons here and I'm sure everyone appreciates that. But as captain he never led us to any playoff success (before you say it, I know it's a team game, but after three straight first-round flops, it's worth mentioning) and he wrote his ticket off the team with his terrible play and demeanor in 2010.

ding, ding, ding....exactly right answer... thanks for the excellent post

Good for Langenbrunner playing in his 1000th game and was lucky enough to score a PPG in that game. He has really done nothing in Dallas until that game so its the same old same old with him just in a different location. I could careless what he does now that he is gone from the Devils. Wish him well but it is time to move on now from him. He had his good years here and now its over. I never hated Langs. Met and talked to him many times and to me was a good guy. Just moving on now and need to follow and worry about the players on this Devils team.

YES Captain!!!

Blow-J, can you explain what the word "retard" means?.... I don't understand your usage.

I'm guessing that you disagree with my opinion on Langebrunner and I am really hoping that it isn't a personal attack, because that kind of stuff gets you suspended here.

I'm sorry, I know you're a mod, but you got a lot of balls.

You start a caustic thread calling a former Devils player a "LOWLIFE", with no other apparent content other than to bash the guy

..... and then you hide behind the hammer and chastise those who get upset and want to call you out for leading this pointless charge?

People talk about agendas here .... I mean where did you honestly expect this to go?

There's something wrong with that.

He smiled after a goal - yeah what a dick - if he didn't smile the thread would be about how he still doesn't care.

How many more times must the ignorant faction of this board pin this season on Jamie f-ing Langenbrunner?

I mean someone actually posted they WANT Lemaire back for next season! I mean, yes, he seems to have restored stability - but you did see last year's playoffs right?

Nothing says class like going out of your way to bash ex-Devil players (those who WANTED to stay - not Gomez) nightly.

I can't get over how many here can't get past this.

Edited by DevilinLA
  • Like 1

Yeah, he wanted to stay and continue whatever bullsh!t sloth crusade he was on. If Langenbrunner (and Rolston, and all our other over-paid under-achievers) want to stay, they have to show it on the ice. That's the way capitalism works. But you live in the People's Republic of Los Angeles (as do I), so I can excuse you for not understanding.

No one's dancing on his grave, nor wishing him violent contagious herpes infections, or anything else, we're simply saying we're glad he's not our problem anymore. msweet's comment about the smirk wasn't about bashing him for scoring a goal for his new team, it was about how it reminded him of what a smarmy douche our ex-Captain had the propensity to be.

He smiled after a goal - yeah what a dick - if he didn't smile the thread would be about how he still doesn't care.

Nothing says class like going out of your way to bash ex-Devil players (those who WANTED to stay - not Gomez) nightly.

I can't get over how many here can't get past this.

I took some things out of your post but what I kept is what I have been trying to say in this topic.

Yeah, he wanted to stay and continue whatever bullsh!t sloth crusade he was on. If Langenbrunner (and Rolston, and all our other over-paid under-achievers) want to stay, they have to show it on the ice. That's the way capitalism works. But you live in the People's Republic of Los Angeles (as do I), so I can excuse you for not understanding.

No one's dancing on his grave, nor wishing him violent contagious herpes infections, or anything else, we're simply saying we're glad he's not our problem anymore. msweet's comment about the smirk wasn't about bashing him for scoring a goal for his new team, it was about how it reminded him of what a smarmy douche our ex-Captain had the propensity to be.

Infuse politics into everything much? Geez.

It was unnecessary to start a thread about it and is not the universal opinion.

It was widely established that JL's time had come based on contract, cap, age, and what was happening on the ice.

Nonetheless, there's no need to call him out publicly as an ass every time he assist on a goal, scores, or whatever.

Many on this board chanted this daily since playoffs ended last Spring - I doubt we needed "reminding"

Say what you want about his play - but the argument that the guy is a dick or a douche when you have no personal connection with him is immature.

Jamie has done more for charity than any other devil on the current roster.

ZP and many other players have come out publicly and said how much they thought of him.

Sounds like pretty sketchy judgement to me, respecting a "douche" and "sh!tty captain" for a guy that most folks here can't pin the "C" on soon enough huh?

As for the LA comment - you don't know me or where I've been so get off your horse. And if you don't like it here why stay?

There's always NJ where the Governor takes off during states of emergency and ceases public works projects to help him pursue his hobby of eating pie filling but I digress.

Langs got a goal.eh...so what.

Rafalski became like a big time d man when he went to Detroit. He made some snide comments about NJ too. Don't worry they'll both be back on the Devils like in 5 years if LL still has any say.

Edited by CarpathianForest

LOL - Okay, we'll make sure all opinions are universally accepted before sharing them. Please. Moving on.

You don't get it.

My point simply is that it's not right to take a "personal shot" at a player (i.e. calling him a "low life"), and then threatening folks that disagree with the banhammer.

The tone was set in the OP.

Its like starting a thread "Rafalski Scores 2 in DET" and just calling him out for being a low-life douche.... is it necessary?

You want to say his play has been inflated (or was) by great D partners - fine - but is it necessary to continually sh!t on a player once he's gone?

He hasn't even said the slightest bad thing about his time here?

You don't get it.

My point simply is that it's not right to take a "personal shot" at a player (i.e. calling him a "low life"), and then threatening folks that disagree with the banhammer.

The tone was set in the OP.

Its like starting a thread "Rafalski Scores 2 in DET" and just calling him out for being a low-life douche.... is it necessary?

You want to say his play has been inflated (or was) by great D partners - fine - but is it necessary to continually sh!t on a player once he's gone?

He hasn't even said the slightest bad thing about his time here?

So you have a bigger beef with someone disliking a player you defend than someone using the term "retard" in an offensive manner?

Dude, I think you don't get it.

So you have a bigger beef with someone disliking a player you defend than someone using the term "retard" in an offensive manner?

Dude, I think you don't get it.

No. I agree with the principle but I ask was there a need for another thread about JL being a "lowlife" and a "douche".

But if you start a conversation with what you know is a controversial opinion and calling out a player on a personal level - with an offensive personal insult - you should EXPECT others to come at you.

For example to post: "Travis Zajac is a lowlife douche" - you have to expect some sh!t coming your way - and not purely debating his stats and points.

IF the OP was about JL not producing in, DAL, or DAL wasting a pick on him - fine.

I usually agree with much of what MSWEET posts.

To open up shooting bullets - then hide behind the banhammer - not cool.

But if you start a conversation with what you know is a controversial opinion and calling out a player on a personal level - with an offensive personal insult - you should EXPECT others to come at you.

So:

low-class act = personal insult so offensive that the person saying it should expect to be called a retard

retard = inoffensive when used in the aforementioned manner

Really? "Low-class act" is about as personally offensive as "overpriced, aging, false-idol". We're all entitled to our opinions about hockey players (after all, this is a hockey forum), but can we at least agree that calling each other "retards" when we disagree on something is unnecessary?

So:

low-class act = personal insult so offensive that the person saying it should expect to be called a retard

retard = inoffensive when used in the aforementioned manner

Really? "Low-class act" is about as personally offensive as "overpriced, aging, false-idol". We're all entitled to our opinions about hockey players (after all, this is a hockey forum), but can we at least agree that calling each other "retards" when we disagree on something is unnecessary?

Can you please show me where I've called anyone here a retard? I agree there is no need for personal insults.

I also respectfully disagree that a mod can just blatently start a hate thread and then pull out the banhammer when it goes bad. Which is what was done here.

Calling a player a "low life" or "douche" or "langencancer" (especially in the OP) should warrant people to disagree with that. What did he/she expect?

Calling a player: overpaid, aging, overrated, or a false-idol is fine = it refers to the level of play. (and for the record Jl is aging, and probably a bit overrated). I have no problem with evaluating ANY player's effectiveness - PERIOD.

For the record - I get it - you DON'T like Langenbrunner and you DO like Elias.

And for the record - I LIKE ELIAS - he seems like a good person and a good family man, and he has been loyal here. He is etched into the history that is the NJ franchise. But I will continue to question the market value of ANY player making THAT much of the team salary cap. No one, including Brodeur, is above reproach. We can have that debate, respectfully, until the cows come home. Never have I personally insulted Elias in any of this. That's just not my thing. Now, I get that this is a message board for people to state opinions - in their own style.

But the MODS set the tone, and while MSWEET has been a respected contributor and admin here - I believe that stuff like this breeds this kind of "so-an-so is a dick, no so-and-so is a dick, no you are a dick" - and there are better things to do here other than sh!t on players that no longer play here.

If you want to argue their playing elsewhere - fine.

After all, we need to devote more time to arguing who has what type of jersey in the stands! :uni:

Edited by DevilinLA

I don't know if I can bring myself to hate on Jamie.

Not only because of the many good years he spent here in NJ, but also because there is no way to know for sure if he actually gave up on the team last year.

Yes, we all heard the rumors about him being upset with Lemaire and all that.

But who REALLY knows what went on?

If it was THAT obvious that he stopped giving a sh!t, then I think we should be more mad at Lamoriello for not doing WHATEVER it would have taken to get him off the team ASAP, even if it meant not letting him dress this season.

there are better things to do here other than sh!t on players that no longer play here.

There are also better things to do here than go way overboard defending a player who is obviously worthy of some level of criticism from fans.

If you want to argue their playing elsewhere - fine.

It's funny how you condescend to everyone by making it seem like they're stupid for arguing over something so petty, yet you're the one leading the charge here with extremely long-winded posts defending Jamie's shining honor and debating which insults are "ok" to use on players and which are "too mean". Try calling Elias a "low-life" and "overrated" to his face and see which one upsets him more, then we can know for sure which ones we're allowed to say here!

There are also better things to do here than go way overboard defending a player who is obviously worthy of some level of criticism from fans.

It's funny how you condescend to everyone by making it seem like they're stupid for arguing over something so petty, yet you're the one leading the charge here with extremely long-winded posts defending Jamie's shining honor and debating which insults are "ok" to use on players and which are "too mean". Try calling Elias a "low-life" and "overrated" to his face and see which one upsets him more, then we can know for sure which ones we're allowed to say here!

I'll call Patty in the morning... is it easier for me to text or call you. :rolleyes: