NFL WEEK ONE!!!

CRASHER

Too many 3rd down conversions for the Ravens. Penalties are also killing us.

this umpiring crew is known to be a very flag happy crew

however i can't disagree with most of the calls. The personal foul to make us kick off from the 15 was stupid beyond belief. A push back does not get penalized, a push to the face will.

I thought the Braylon Edwards illegal shift was dicey. That didn't have to be called...welker is like that all the time, he's never fully "set"

I'm hoping it's just a sprain for big jenkins. He did walk off under his own power

Edited by '7'

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cromartie's play this 1st half sounds about right; 1 great defensive play with a bunch of other terrible ones (penalties included) around it.

Bleh.

Defense still struggling on 3rd down, a load of dumb penalties, and a Greene fumble. I know we're up 6-0, but man, this 1st half has been frustrating.

LOL what a bogus call on Edwards.

Edited by nmigliore

God, I hate this team right now. Fvcking stupid macho a****! This is getting Raider-like with all the stupid penalties. A holding on 3rd and 28, really? I guess we can end the hype of Wilson being better than Revis at this point in their careers. And Cromartie is what he always has been, an Otis Smith-type corner, he'll make plays and then look like **** the rest of the time.

To think, we're +2 in turnovers and still behind...if Sanchez reverts back to form this could get ugly in a hurry.

Edited by Hasan4978

for some reason when I saw those stupid ass dreadlocks sticking out of the back of his helmet, I knew he was going to drop that punt.

p.s. why put kyle wilson, who has done everything wrong tonight, in at PR when Jim Leonhard brought the other one back 50+ yards? is there something I'm missing?

Edited by Ollie McKraut

Shonn Greene nowhere to be seen since that horrible fumble running into his own guy...probably for the better

and the call on Cromartie on the 3rd down when the ravens were in their own endzone...COME ON! They were tying each other up and the ball was not catchable. Does every borderline call have to go their way???

but on the plus side LT steel has the wheels. Once we start playing teams who are softer up front he's going to have some big games

Edited by '7'

Can we at least give Chauncey Washington or Woodhead a shot to get some carries next week? Greene's totally self-destructed, McKnight sucks and Tomlinson is NOT going to hold up as the lead back over sixteen games.

Greene will get another chance next week, if he coughs it up again it's Chauncey Washington time. Rex does not believe in McKnight yet and he has own conditioning and fumbling problems

This was such a strange game. I have no idea how to really evaluate it.

Tons of penalties...some correct, some absolute horsesh!t and baltimore got the benefit of every single call. Because of this Baltimore had a ton of 2nd chances and you really can't do that in an NFL game

the run D did a nice job on Ray Rice even without Jenkins...who I'm worried about. Got clipped down by his own guy, didn't seem to be in extreme pain but they held him out.

not sure I can grade Sanchez tonight, he just didn't have the ball enough

Green wrecked the game with the fumble in Ravens territory when we were up 6-0. The benching was justified. LT ran well, he still has something left.

Dustin Keller...you have to make more of an effort to get the first. Come on moron don't lazily glide out of bounds...field goal WINS IT. At least try to get to the marker moron!

Rex blitzed too much. As the game progressed with Jenkins gone we werent able to get anywhere near Flacco. Ellis was completely neutralized. Revis was Revis...they didn't dare test him.

Good game on special teams, great job by Weatherford.

Bottom line is when you give up 10 points you have to win. The offense is light years behind the D right now. And this is without Pace and Jenkins for most of the game

Edited by '7'

Greene and Wilson looked like crap. Cromartie was... Cromartie; 1 or 2 really nice defensive plays with a bunch of face-palming moments. Way too many penalties, though some were weak calls. It seemed like the Jets constantly caved in on 3rd down [defensively] and shot themselves in the foot [offensively and defensively] in the 1st half. I know the Ravens' defense is good but the offense was pretty ugly, outside of Tomlinson I suppose.

On the positive side, Weatherford made some nice punts and the Jets' defense was beastly against the run - 2 yds per carry average for Rice on 21 carries.

Edited by nmigliore