Who will be our coach next year ?

moustic

I was hoping the capitals would fire Bruce Boudreau during their epic losing streak so we could swoop in and hire him...sadly, no such luck.

Who was that ex-chicago coach that everyone was talking about over the summer? Havelid?

Why would you want Systemless Bruce running the devils?

I was hoping the capitals would fire Bruce Boudreau during their epic losing streak so we could swoop in and hire him...sadly, no such luck.

Who was that ex-chicago coach that everyone was talking about over the summer? Havelid?

Nope, that's the bum we traded Salmela for. You're thinking of Mike Haviland - http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=47144

Bruce fvcking Boudreau is the last fvcking thing this fvcking team fvcking needs right fvcking now.

• Like 3

My guess is Hartley. There's been some rumors that Hartley is in line but for a variety of reasons won't take over til after the season (probably because Vanderbeek refused to put another coach on the payroll for this year, but also probably to spare him from the mess). I personally like Haviland and think he deserves a shot.

Bruce fvcking Boudreau is the last fvcking thing this fvcking team fvcking needs right fvcking now.

:lol:

I dunno, I like the no bullsh!t attitude. I'm not a fan of these soft-spoken coaches we've had as of late. I guess I almost see him as an offensive-minded Pat Burns, forgive me if I have the completely wrong impression of the guy. I'm certainly no expert on the subject.

Nope, that's the bum we traded Salmela for. You're thinking of Mike Haviland - http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=47144

Ah yeah that was him, thanks

Couldn't agree more.

This guy was ridiculously out-coached last year in the playoff and it exposed him as one of the most over-rated coaches in this league.

How can you keep on the same game plan when the other team is blocking 50% of you shots and the other 50% is coming from absolute dead spots.

Edited by SS-SS

Couldn't agree more.

This guy was ridiculously out-coached last year in the playoff and it exposed him as one of the most over-rated coaches in this league.

How can you keep on the same game plan when the other team is blocking 50% of you shots and the other 50% is coming from absolute dead spots.

That's what I wanted to ask John MacLean.

haviland sounds like the next great coach (like TB's and CLB's this year) but i'm concerned you'd have another case of vets thinking they know more than the coach. although, hopefully the only vets left will be elias and white.

hartley, although a retread, seems like the safest choice.

I still want Mike Haviland and not because he is a local guy but because the guy is a winner. As a head coach in the AHL and ECHL he never missed the playoffs in 7 consecutive years while coaching 4 different teams(AC, Trenton, Norfolk, Rockford). Also won 2 Kelly Cups, one with AC and one with Trenton. As an assistant with Chicago he also won the Stanley Cup. Winning seems to be a very consistent thing for him.

Edited by Satans Hockey