If you could pick one player?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Why such Crosby love? If you're going to do with Crosby, go with Datsyuk, he's better and Datsyuk is a better defensive forward (a big part of our team) but I'm not going with either, I'm going with Ovechkin. He could make up for the goals we lost with Kovalchuk and Parise, and while he isn't particularly strong in his own end, he still throws the body around enough to light a fire under the rest of the team, and his goal scoring ability is next to none.

And you can't say, oh Ovi's best years are behind him, he's old and the contracts a mess. No. This is all hypothetical, and he's the best, case closed.

My honorable mentions would be Toews, Kronwall, Datsyuk

Why such Crosby love? If you're going to do with Crosby, go with Datsyuk, he's better and Datsyuk is a better defensive forward (a big part of our team) but I'm not going with either, I'm going with Ovechkin. He could make up for the goals we lost with Kovalchuk and Parise, and while he isn't particularly strong in his own end, he still throws the body around enough to light a fire under the rest of the team, and his goal scoring ability is next to none.

And you can't say, oh Ovi's best years are behind him, he's old and the contracts a mess. No. This is all hypothetical, and he's the best, case closed.

Datsyuk is good but ive never seen him do the plays crosby can do, hes unbelievable. So often im watching crosby telling myself "how did the fvcker thought of doing that or knew that this player would be there". Hes also very good defensively.

Just no.

Its Crosby. Period. There is no reason why you don't take the best player on earth.

The answer is Crosby, and the thing that makes sports so funny is that everyone would fall in love with him in .2 seconds...no matter your thoughts about him today.

Yeah just like bunch of people here we're making trades proposition for Nash saying he'd be great here. Now that he's a Rangers he's trash and shouldnt even be on team Canada. Go figure lol

Yeah just like bunch of people here we're making trades proposition for Nash saying he'd be great here. Now that he's a Rangers he's trash and shouldnt even be on team Canada. Go figure lol

Nash shouldn't be on team canada and I never made a trade proposal for him. And you cannot deny he has not lived up to his contract since coming to the rangers.

right but sterio made it sound like anyone hated on him simply because he was a ranger, which isn't the case since an unbiased person (and even ranger fans) would admit he has been a disappointment.

strictly based on his contract, he's one heck of a player and injuries has a part with that too

right but sterio made it sound like anyone hated on him simply because he was a ranger, which isn't the case since an unbiased person (and even ranger fans) would admit he has been a disappointment.

I just wanted to pile on the hate for a Rag. But yeah, him getting $7.8M aav for 60-70 points per year is atrocious. I guess Parise gets similar $$ for similar numbers though.

strictly based on his contract, he's one heck of a player and injuries has a part with that too

my original statement was only that Nash shouldn't make team canada. You somehow twisted that to have me saying he is trash since he's a ranger. I am saying he is not trash but he is a disappointment on that contract, and most ranger fans would agree with me.

there are players on our other rivals who I would have taken before Nash for Canada, so it's not a rivalry thing. I apologize for any confusion...

I just wanted to pile on the hate for a Rag. But yeah, him getting $7.8M aav for 60-70 points per year is atrocious. I guess Parise gets similar $$ for similar numbers though.

it's not even the money, it's what they gave up to get him, which while none of the individual pieces were spectacular, their team identity was lost.

my original statement was only that Nash shouldn't make team canada. You somehow twisted that to have me saying he is trash since he's a ranger. I am saying he is not trash but he is a disappointment on that contract, and most ranger fans would agree with me.

Your original statement... did i quote you or something? you're not the only one saying that and acting that way. I was not even referring to you

there are players on our other rivals who I would have taken before Nash for Canada, so it's not a rivalry thing. I apologize for any confusion...

it's not even the money, it's what they gave up to get him, which while none of the individual pieces were spectacular, their team identity was lost.

That was a pretty strange swap. Nash for Anisimov+Dubinsky+Erixon+1st then they trade Gaborik away for Brassard+Dorsett+Moore. Talk about a sideways move. Was a slight downgrade if anything. Should have just swapped Gaborik for Nash and called it a day.

Your original statement... did i quote you or something? you're not the only one saying that and acting that way. I was not even referring to you

I apologize if I assumed but going back over the Olympic thread I was the only one who brought up Nash and you responded directly to me there.

Paul Stasny is my player... I think the guy we can acquire at a reasonable price  and he would help our offense...

Yakupov is an awesome player... But not sure about his attitude...

Stastny is a low profile, good player who put ups some big numbers year after years.

(BUT he is UFA)

The obvious choice is to pick Crosby because he's amazing.

If there is a player out there who epitomizes the type of player I wish we had on the team it would be David Backes. Good lead, super competitive, hard worker, physical, good scoring touch. Kind of a rich mans David Clarkson. I think he would complement the type of guys and the system we have really well.