GDT New Jersey Devils vs. Ottawa Sans 1PM MSG

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What angries me more is that the Islanders lost 7-0 to the Flyers today, what a piss-poor excuse of a team. How the fvck do they turn it on and turn it off like that within a day or two. 5-1 against the 1st place New Jersey Devils and then they get their worst loss in a few years a couple days later.

Somehow we play them and they're all roided up, but they have no heart outside of the division.

The islanders we're not playing incredibly good against us. We just played terribly bad

Just awful...

6 rookies in the SENS lineup, 3 made their debut on Saturday... SENS missing Karlsson, Michalek, & Spezza

The problem is the team Devils have and with fairly predictable PP they can't blow anyone out if you let the other team which

is not as good (in this case due to injuries) hang in and hang in they eventually can bite you

The problem is the team Devils have and with fairly predictable PP they can't blow anyone out if you let the other team which

is not as good (in this case due to injuries) hang in and hang in they eventually can bite you

The Devils are not predictable on the PP, they are predictable all game long. I can say precisely what Kovy is going to do with the puck based on where he picks it up. Same goes with most players. That's what i hate about the system it's so damn predictable the only reason its working it's cause we're winning the battles it's creating on the boards but when we're not winning them we're a AHL team. Thats a fact. Our system relies like 85% on board work and dump and chase, when the effort or battles are not there, we have nothing

That's 2 straight losses... EVERYONE OFF THE BANDWAGON!!!

Big picture, the team has shown flashes of what it can do without the great Zach Parise. They have shown that games are no longer over when the Devils are down by 2 or 3. And they have gotten points in 13 of 16 games this year. The Devils have shown they can be a very good team, like the one we saw in the playoffs last year. Now it's just a matter of making them more consistent. I trust the coaching stuff to be able to do that.

Man that was bad. Comparable to the isles game in that they played a great first and couldn't capitalize enough. The game even getting to a shootout though is embarrassing. And before anyone says it, I don't think Parise would have made a difference in the shootout today. You don't try to deke a goalie that's 6' 7. Boys had the right idea in shootout but two missed the net and Elias shot it into bishops glove.

The Devils are not predictable on the PP, they are predictable all game long. I can say precisely what Kovy is going to do with the puck based on where he picks it up. Same goes with most players. That's what i hate about the system it's so damn predictable the only reason its working it's cause we're winning the battles it's creating on the boards but when we're not winning them we're a AHL team. Thats a fact. Our system relies like 85% on board work and dump and chase, when the effort or battles are not there, we have nothing

That's not really fair. Every team in the league has a system (ok, maybe not Columbus) that has strengths and weaknesses. Also, if you watch any player long enough, you'll be able to predict for the most part what will try to do. We are all just used to Kovy and what he does. I'm sure there are Washington fans that know exactly what Ovechkin is going to do most plays.

What angries me more is that the Islanders lost 7-0 to the Flyers today, what a piss-poor excuse of a team. How the fvck do they turn it on and turn it off like that within a day or two. 5-1 against the 1st place New Jersey Devils and then they get their worst loss in a few years a couple days later.

Somehow we play them and they're all roided up, but they have no heart outside of the division.

The Flyers were a division game lol.  It's called a whopper of a letdown - after beating the Rangers and the Devils eventually they were going to sag.

Absolutely no frigging excuse for the Devils today though, coming off that hot garbage on Saturday to lay another turdburger at home in one of the few games in the NHL that you really 'should' win.

That's 2 straight losses... EVERYONE OFF THE BANDWAGON!!!

Big picture, the team has shown flashes of what it can do without the great Zach Parise. They have shown that games are no longer over when the Devils are down by 2 or 3. And they have gotten points in 13 of 16 games this year. The Devils have shown they can be a very good team, like the one we saw in the playoffs last year. Now it's just a matter of making them more consistent. I trust the coaching stuff to be able to do that.

They can't exactly rest on the first ten games forever in a short season.  They've sagged a bit since the Pittsburgh home-and-home, they were lucky to even get three points out of these three games.

That's not really fair. Every team in the league has a system (ok, maybe not Columbus) that has strengths and weaknesses. Also, if you watch any player long enough, you'll be able to predict for the most part what will try to do. We are all just used to Kovy and what he does. I'm sure there are Washington fans that know exactly what Ovechkin is going to do most plays.

yes. and thats precisely why he's not the best player or even close anymore. the whole world know what he's gonna do with the puck.

The people that complain about people complaining about losing a few games are way worse than the original complainers.

anyway, we're playing the caps and jets twice each over the next 4, we should be able to pick up 6 points or so out of that. 

We were supposed to get two today, how did that work out? :lol:

The people that complain about people complaining about losing a few games are way worse than the original complainers.

anyway, we're playing the caps and jets twice each over the next 4, we should be able to pick up 6 points or so out of that. 

This is the kind of dangerous thinking that's letting me down lately. The games vs. Penguins and Flyers and Rangers that I think are going to be a struggle end up being a Devils' win, in some cases blowouts. And then the games like the Islanders or Senators or Carolina, we just don't show up for.

We should be beating everyone below 8th place, no questions asked. This next 6 day stretch is either going to be amazing for us (anyone would bet on the Devils getting 5-6 points), or it could be a cause of concern (imagine losing 2 of 3 games vs. Washington or Winnipeg). We need to wake up and play our game every night. We don't have too many uptempo rivalry matchups coming up anytime soon, which is all we seem to get up for. Time to start beating the bottom feeders the way we're expected to.

We should be padding up our points before what's going to be a really long and difficult half of March and April. You can see right now by looking at the standings how important a good long stretch is. We're still looking great in the conference based on our first two weeks.

Edited by DJ Eco

i dont mind losing a game here and there of course. What's important is the way we're playing and the position we'll be in at the end of the season. 

That been said loses like this one is clearly showing that when our guys are not on their game there's very little chance that they can win. 

Here's a question... Does anyone can honestly say that in any of our losses it was just a game where it was a good game and that the other team simply was better. I don't think so, all our losses were mostly because of piss poor play by the guys and was well deserved. Thats whats pissing me off we havent lost a game with our head's up yet.

edit: the boston game comes to mind i guess but again the guys sat on that one goal lead and totally let the Bruins come back in the game. That was on them too 

Edited by SterioDesign