180 replies to this topic

#141 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

You know what they should do, if you show up you go to the box office and ask for a wristband. If they have one, they give it to you, if not you're out of luck. This will end all the cutting in line etc etc

#142 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

You know what they should do, if you show up you go to the box office and ask for a wristband. If they have one, they give it to you, if not you're out of luck. This will end all the cutting in line etc etc

I suggested that to the box office manager after what happened this past Feb in the line before a Rags/Devils game. He basically shrugged. When it comes to things the Devils know how not to take the most logical route.

#143 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,048 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

Wouldn't people just line up outside the box office before it opens in that case? I think the only real way to eliminate the line is to hold some type of lottery, maybe online.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#144 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Wouldn't people just line up outside the box office before it opens in that case? I think the only real way to eliminate the line is to hold some type of lottery, maybe online.

That might happen and if they want to stand out there in the wee hours of the morning then more power to them. The part it will eliminate is them holding spots for others to come in at the last minute to where you had a chance to get a wristband and then dont because a ton of people cut in front of you. I highly doubt their friends will come out there at 9AM when they are barely making it at 6PM.

#145 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

That might happen and if they want to stand out there in the wee hours of the morning then more power to them. The part it will eliminate is them holding spots for others to come in at the last minute to where you had a chance to get a wristband and then dont because a ton of people cut in front of you. I highly doubt their friends will come out there at 9AM when they are barely making it at 6PM.

whats wrong with people holding spots for their friends who have to work that day? every rangers devs game is on a tuesday this year, u expect 10 ppl to take off work when they can just as easily have half as many ppl wait. if u dont like it feel free to show up at 9 am and get ur tickets for sure. u cant complain if theres something u can easily do to combat that.

#146 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

whats wrong with people holding spots for their friends who have to work that day? every rangers devs game is on a tuesday this year, u expect 10 ppl to take off work when they can just as easily have half as many ppl wait. if u dont like it feel free to show up at 9 am and get ur tickets for sure. u cant complain if theres something u can easily do to combat that.

How would you like it if there were 60 tickets to give away and you showed up (after taking OFF FROM WORK YOURSELF) and were #20 in line at 10AM (tickets are sold at 5 or 5:30PM) and then at around 4PM the 19 people in front of you each invite the 4 people they held the line for in and now you are sh!t out of luck. You just stood out there for 7+ hours for nothing. You would pissed as well.

Edited by DevsMan84, 12 December 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#147 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

How would you like it if there were 60 tickets to give away and you showed up (after taking OFF FROM WORK YOURSELF) and were #20 in line at 10AM (tickets are sold at 5 or 5:30PM) and then at around 4PM the 19 people in front of you each invite the 4 people they held the line for in and now you are sh!t out of luck. You just stood out there for 7+ hours for nothing. You would pissed as well.

Correct. yes i would be lol its happened to me twice before. you know what i did? showed up earlier. and all due respect but what game did u show up at 10 am and were 20th in line? rangers devs games if u get there at 10 ur all but guaranteed tix. hell game SEVEN against carolina i got there at 9 and i was about 10th in line. If ur taking off work u can get there as early as u want, thats ur fault not the people in front of you

#148 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Correct. yes i would be lol its happened to me twice before. you know what i did? showed up earlier. and all due respect but what game did u show up at 10 am and were 20th in line? rangers devs games if u get there at 10 ur all but guaranteed tix. hell game SEVEN against carolina i got there at 9 and i was about 10th in line. If ur taking off work u can get there as early as u want, thats ur fault not the people in front of you

It was a devils flyers game and I showed up at 10.

I do have a full time job and unlike the college/high school kids there I cannot stand there every fvcking game and I refuse to be out there in the cold for a fvcking hockey game when the little idiots will just let their friends in an hour or less before the game.

It is bad and dickhead behavior on their part and I cannot believe you are defending it. They should not let their friend go in line with them as they are cutting everyone else else behind them in line. If they want to go so bad they too should take the day off or make the effort themselves to make it early enough to get tickets.

Edited by DevsMan84, 12 December 2011 - 10:07 PM.

#149 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:59 AM

It was a devils flyers game and I showed up at 10.

I do have a full time job and unlike the college/high school kids there I cannot stand there every fvcking game and I refuse to be out there in the cold for a fvcking hockey game when the little idiots will just let their friends in an hour or less before the game.

It is bad and dickhead behavior on their part and I cannot believe you are defending it. They should not let their friend go in line with them as they are cutting everyone else else behind them in line. If they want to go so bad they too should take the day off or make the effort themselves to make it early enough to get tickets.

Wow u have a full time job!!! Me too!!!! You just said u took off work, what part of "get there earlier and u wont have a problem" was misunderstood. You just said yourself u refuse to wait in the cold for a "fvcking hockey game"(insinuating u dont really care that much). THEN DONT COMPLAIN!!!! Guess what? Some people DO care enough to wait in the cold for 10 or 11 hours for a "fvcking hockey game", theyre called diehard fans. Yeah how dare i defend myself, im sorry your right if i have friends coming ill make sure to tell them to wait on the other side of the street to comfort your feelings. You said you take off work, soooooooo show up earlier like i said to begin with, problem solved arguement over. You dont make any sense saying you refuse to wait but you dont want people in front of you.

#150 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

Wow u have a full time job!!! Me too!!!! You just said u took off work, what part of "get there earlier and u wont have a problem" was misunderstood. You just said yourself u refuse to wait in the cold for a "fvcking hockey game"(insinuating u dont really care that much). THEN DONT COMPLAIN!!!! Guess what? Some people DO care enough to wait in the cold for 10 or 11 hours for a "fvcking hockey game", theyre called diehard fans. Yeah how dare i defend myself, im sorry your right if i have friends coming ill make sure to tell them to wait on the other side of the street to comfort your feelings. You said you take off work, soooooooo show up earlier like i said to begin with, problem solved arguement over. You dont make any sense saying you refuse to wait but you dont want people in front of you.

Again you did not read my post.

I said I cannot take off of work every single time I want to go in the $10 line. Also what is the point of going to line so early if you are going to get cut by people like you anyways hours later who held a spot for their friends?

Again I have said it before I gave up on the $10 line with the stupid antics that go on there and I was done with it months ago. Why are you going on this thread just to bring it up again months later? Troll.

As for being a die hard fan, that's laughable. I started watching the devils before most of the college and high schooled aged kids in that line.

Edited by DevsMan84, 13 December 2011 - 07:43 AM.

#151 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Again you did not read my post.

I said I cannot take off of work every single time I want to go in the $10 line. Also what is the point of going to line so early if you are going to get cut by people like you anyways hours later who held a spot for their friends?

Again I have said it before I gave up on the $10 line with the stupid antics that go on there and I was done with it months ago. Why are you going on this thread just to bring it up again months later? Troll.

As for being a die hard fan, that's laughable. I started watching the devils before most of the college and high schooled aged kids in that line.

I did read your post. and no one said u have to get $10 seats every game, but if u reeeeally wanna go then SHOW UP EARLY AND STOP COMPLAINING WHAT DONT YOU GET!!!!! Its like talking to a brick wall except the wall would be a little more intellectual. Idk what a troll is buddy im not a seasoned vet at online forums, i do like to see the light of day. and yes it is extremely laughable saying your a diehard when its obvious those people in front of you do actually carw if they get into a "fvckng hockey game". its not like older ppl dont wait there all day too, theres those 2 older women that usually get there like 2nd in line

#152 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

I did read your post. and no one said u have to get $10 seats every game, but if u reeeeally wanna go then SHOW UP EARLY AND STOP COMPLAINING WHAT DONT YOU GET!!!!! Its like talking to a brick wall except the wall would be a little more intellectual. Idk what a troll is buddy im not a seasoned vet at online forums, i do like to see the light of day. and yes it is extremely laughable saying your a diehard when its obvious those people in front of you do actually carw if they get into a "fvckng hockey game". its not like older ppl dont wait there all day too, theres those 2 older women that usually get there like 2nd in line

I said before I was done with the line and that's it. Point to where I said I still go on that line. I said in a post as far back as last year I am not doing the line again. People ask me why and I told them. My last post on this was a month ago so why bring it up again? You are the one with the issue of me not liking that line anymore to bring up something I posted a month ago.

I really don't care how many forums you belong to. I guess you need a medal or something? I can dig one up for you buddy.

If you think standing in line for a game just to save a few bucks equates higher level of fandom, well that is just your perogative and cannot help you there. I just find it to be funny.

#153 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:22 AM

If you think standing in line for a game just to save a few bucks equates higher level of fandom, well that is just your perogative and cannot help you there. I just find it to be funny.

What i find even funnier is the promotion and defending of line cutting. People wonder why some of us feel the way we do towards the younger fans of this team when the shoe keeps fitting.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#154 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

What i find even funnier is the promotion and defending of line cutting. People wonder why some of us feel the way we do towards the younger fans of this team when the shoe keeps fitting.

LOL exactly and that is why I gave up on it back last season after waiting for hours only to get burned.

I really dont know what else I can say other than that I am done with it and that's it.

#155 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

LOL exactly and that is why I gave up on it back last season after waiting for hours only to get burned.

I really dont know what else I can say other than that I am done with it and that's it.

The revolutionary concept of handing out sequentially numbered tickets/wristbands/flyers requires complex marketing/organizational skills, don't ya know? :dance:
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#156 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

The revolutionary concept of handing out sequentially numbered tickets/wristbands/flyers requires complex marketing/organizational skills, don't ya know? :dance:

haha exactly.

#157 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,048 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

Wow u have a full time job!!! Me too!!!! You just said u took off work, what part of "get there earlier and u wont have a problem" was misunderstood.

Show up earlier...unless you have a friend willing to 'save' you a spot on the line, then you can stroll in at 4 PM?! That might be the goofiest double standard I've ever seen on this board and that's saying a lot :P

I can't believe anyone's defending blatant cutting. Those tickets are supposed to be first-come first-serve, not one person gets there and is able to reserve a spot for twenty other people that aren't getting there till four. It's just not right that one person gets there at 10, another gets there at 4 and the person at 4 gets tickets because of cutting. And that's really what it is, one spot in line shouldn't guarantee you twenty tickets, it guarantees you two - that's it.

I don't even have a horse in the race, thank goodness I don't need the $10 tickets with the kind of shenanigans that obviously go on.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 December 2011 - 12:41 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#158 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

I am glad I am not crazy and alone in thinking line-cutting and being an ass in general cannot be justified.

The posts he made is proof positive again that the current college age/high school generation lack any common sense or decency. I guess this is a product of growing up with a generation where there is a "children should never fail ever" mentality, so it is ok to do basically whatever it takes to get what you want, whether it means legally or not, or being an ass or not. The $10 line is full of them and honestly over the past 4 years it has only gotten worse to the point where I swore it off and I would rather pay extra not to wait in it, or just not go at all. IDK why this guy feels the need to defend it even after my last post about it was a month ago and it was about ways to improve it, which at this point is the only way I might think of even trying the line again. However, with the Devils and the way they run these sort of things, I know it is just pie in the sky thinking on my part.

Edited by DevsMan84, 14 December 2011 - 09:57 AM.

#159 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:11 AM

I am glad I am not crazy and alone in thinking line-cutting and being an ass in general cannot be justified.

The posts he made is proof positive again that the current college age/high school generation lack any common sense or decency. I guess this is a product of growing up with a generation where there is a "children should never fail ever" mentality, so it is ok to do basically whatever it takes to get what you want, whether it means legally or not, or being an ass or not. The $10 line is full of them and honestly over the past 4 years it has only gotten worse to the point where I swore it off and I would rather pay extra not to wait in it, or just not go at all. IDK why this guy feels the need to defend it even after my last post about it was a month ago and it was about ways to improve it, which at this point is the only way I might think of even trying the line again. However, with the Devils and the way they run these sort of things, I know it is just pie in the sky thinking on my part.

This mvparise guy is ridiculous. Between his completely misguided hatred of Fayne and his defense of allowing an unlimited number of people to be allowed to cut because someone "saved a place for them", it's becoming way too frustrating to try to talk sensibly to him. If he wants to be misinformed on which players are playing well, which players aren't and if he wants to disrespect other faithful fans of the team by allowing multiple people to cut the $10 ticket line, so that those fans get screwed out of a ticket, than he can go ahead and be "that guy".

Hopefully one day he will realize that society works better when you can have adult, mature discussions, accept facts and don't act like a jerk.

That being said, I am 21 and I'd like to think that while I may not have the knowledge that comes with decades of life experience, I'm at least not disrespectful towards other people. So if you could not generalize an entire generation of people, it'd be appreciated, other than that I pretty much agree with everything else you said.

#160 TheDevilHimself

TheDevilHimself

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Sooo if I want $10 dollar seats for tomorrows game what time would I have to get there to have a legit shot at getting said tickets?

Edited by TheDevilHimself, 19 December 2011 - 10:31 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users