Discount Ticket Offers '08-'09

thelastonealive

That's what owning our own building will do, make it financially feasible to host NHL games in front of crowds of less than 10,000...

That and having an inflated average of 15,000+ in the first season of a new building. I don't know if the Devils will be rated 13th after this year if the attendance average is say, 12,500.

And there were already rumors over a huge decline in sth's anyway before the economy crashed. Plus it took the Devils forever to come out with the flex plans. I guess the first couple of Wednesday games will start to tell the tale.

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That and having an inflated average of 15,000+ in the first season of a new building. I don't know if the Devils will be rated 13th after this year if the attendance average is say, 12,500.

And there were already rumors over a huge decline in sth's anyway before the economy crashed. Plus it took the Devils forever to come out with the flex plans. I guess the first couple of Wednesday games will start to tell the tale.

I'll be at the Stars game, I think that one will be around 13-14, just based on the hate for Sean Avery and that people will go to boo him. I have a group of myself and seven others going for that exact reason.

I won't be at the Leafs game, but I think that will be the first game where we start to see the seasonly downward trend of what is Devils attendance.

I'll be at the Stars game, I think that one will be around 13-14, just based on the hate for Sean Avery and that people will go to boo him. I have a group of myself and seven others going for that exact reason.

I won't be at the Leafs game, but I think that will be the first game where we start to see the seasonly downward trend of what is Devils attendance.

I have to agree, I think the Stars game will be moderately well attended because of it being only the second game and yet still the first in two weeks. The Toronto game and the Lightning game the week after should give a good idea what to expect without any intervention in the form of massive ticket discounts.

I got an email for the 10/29, $65 for $35.

I got that email too. I'm thinking I got it because I have ordered tickets through the AAA discount in the past AND because I subscribe to the Ticketmaster Devils ticket announcement emails.

If I hadn't done BOTH of those things, maybe like a lot of other people I would not be receiving those emails. :noclue:

I think we read too far into attendance as a fanbase sometimes.

Looking at the value of our team financially through Forbes, we're 13th out of 30th.

Haha, I plan on attending the Oilers game on Sunday night in early November.

Bunch of reasons not to attend this game:

1. School night.

2. It's the Oilers.

3. Giants are playing.

I would be astonished if the Rock draws 10,000 that night.

There is absolutely no way there will be 10,000 at the Rock against the Oilers. I would be shocked if they announced 10,000, but if Atlanta can announce 11,000 after Thursday's game I guess we can announce a sellout when there are 12,000 in the house.

What a lot of people don't realize is that it's not the number of people in the building, it's the amount of tickets sold. If there are 5,500 season ticket holders, the attendance will never be under 5,500, even if 50 people show up. Back in the day I think they used to do it by the amount of people who showed up, but to bolster attendance numbers, they include people who previously bought tickets,that just didn't show up.

Oh, and I'm really surprised with no code for the Toronto game.

What a lot of people don't realize is that it's not the number of people in the building, it's the amount of tickets sold. If there are 5,500 season ticket holders, the attendance will never be under 5,500, even if 50 people show up. Back in the day I think they used to do it by the amount of people who showed up, but to bolster attendance numbers, they include people who previously bought tickets,that just didn't show up.

Oh, and I'm really surprised with no code for the Toronto game.

I get that its supposedly tickets sold. Let's say 6,000 people actually attended the Atlanta game. You mean to tell me almost half of the tickets sold just went unused? No way. I could understand 5% maybe even 10% but you think almost 50% of the people with tickets that were already paid for just said 'screw it I'm not going'?That is bs. The attendance numbers are just completely phony all around.

I get that its supposedly tickets sold. Let's say 6,000 people actually attended the Atlanta game. You mean to tell me almost half of the tickets sold just went unused? No way. I could understand 5% maybe even 10% but you think almost 50% of the people with tickets that were already paid for just said 'screw it I'm not going'?That is bs. The attendance numbers are just completely phony all around.

There's a chance the Atlanta organization bought some of the tickets themselves so that the numbers don't look as bad as they could have been. I know the rags do this from time to time if its close to a sellout just so they can be smug about themselves.

I just got this in an email from the fanclub..

Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 7:00PM

Get a $65 ticket for only $38

Save over 40% per ticket! Balcony Seating

Order deadline: 11/6/08

Discount Tickets: Devils vs. Capitals

The Devils Fan Club has a new discount ticket offer for the Saturday, November 15, 2008 game featuring the New Jersey Devils against the Washington Capitals at the Prudential Center. Download the order form and mail with payment (no online ordering).

http://www.devilsfanclub.org/pages/DFC111508.pdf

I just got this in an email from the fanclub..

Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 7:00PM

Get a $65 ticket for only $38

Save over 40% per ticket! Balcony Seating

Order deadline: 11/6/08

Discount Tickets: Devils vs. Capitals

The Devils Fan Club has a new discount ticket offer for the Saturday, November 15, 2008 game featuring the New Jersey Devils against the Washington Capitals at the Prudential Center. Download the order form and mail with payment (no online ordering).

http://www.devilsfanclub.org/pages/DFC111508.pdf

Yeah I got that too. It's probably the same sections as opening night. Hopefully I'll be able to go.

The Devils just announced four "Turn back the clock" nights. "Today's games at yesterday's prices" You can get two $65 seats for $40 for the following games: 11/3 vs. Buffalo, 11/9 vs. Edmonton, 12/23 vs. Boston, and 1/8 vs. Atlanta. Here are the links in that order:

https://www.njdevilsticketprograms.com/inde...ode=tbtcn110308

https://www.njdevilsticketprograms.com/inde...ode=tbtcn110908

https://www.njdevilsticketprograms.com/inde...ode=tbtcn122308

https://www.njdevilsticketprograms.com/inde...ode=tbtcn010809

Edited by skeeter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.