Tallinder traded to Buffalo.

SterioDesign

Boychuck is not projected to be anything special but it was clearly a money drop more than anything.

he could be a 4th line LW at the very best but i dont think he'll make it for awhile if ever

Edited by SterioDesign

I don't think it's something to be excited about, but it is something that needed to be done. Tallinder is a pretty good defenseman, and I think the Devils are worse off on defense because of this transaction.

I am interested in seeing either Urbom or Gelinas take the next step. 

Edited by devilsrule33

I don't think it's something to be excited about, but it is something that needed to be done. Tallinder is a pretty good defenseman, and I  think the Devils are worse off on defense because of it. 

I am interested in seeing either Urbom or Gelinas take the next step. 

you have to think that there's a reason Lou did that. We have 7m in cap space now to re-sign Henrique, JJ and maybe someone else.

Well there's that defenseman trade, but it's not our weakest d-man.  I think Tri might have a fit.  Is there somebody left that we want to use this cap room for?  Or is this making room for room's sake?

plenty of guys out there who could still help us.

This is not something to get all that excited about.  It's a pure salary dump.  Tallinder is an NHL caliber defenseman.  The Devils gave up a lot more for Zidlicky, a more expensive defenseman that basically was no longer playing for Minnesota at the time of the trade.  I would have hoped that Tallinder could be part of a package for something useful, or might be able to get at least a third round draft pick in return. 

I suppose getting $3 million off the books for a year and setting a course for stable lineup a defense will help.  But ultimately, it was a move out of necessity, which almost always gets you nothing.

This is not something to get all that excited about.  It's a pure salary dump.  Tallinder is an NHL caliber defenseman.  The Devils gave up a lot more for Zidlicky, a more expensive defenseman that basically was no longer playing for Minnesota at the time of the trade.  I would have hoped that Tallinder could be part of a package for something useful, or might be able to get at least a third round draft pick in return. 

I suppose getting $3 million off the books for a year and setting a course for stable lineup a defense will help.  But ultimately, it was a move out of necessity, which almost always gets you nothing.

im excited cause it might give a shot to one of our young guys who deserves at least a shot at making the team. Without a trade they had no shot at making it for another like 2 years

Why is everyone happy, defense got worse, wish we could keep Tally and dump Sal or Volch. This is just dumping salary with nothing in return. Hopefully Larsson takes the next step and we can re-sign Zid on a good contract.

Edited by Zubie#8

It allows for the possibility of Zidlicky coming back, but he'd have to take a discounted deal unless someone else is moving out.

i could see Zids taking a decent discount to stay here now. At his age, NJ somewhat saved his career too and playing with Elias means a lot to him i think and i really think he wants to be here. TG is saying that he got offers but he's waiting on NJ

Why is everyone happy, defense got worse, wish we could keep Tally and dump Sal or Volch. This is just dumping salary with nothing in return. Hopefully Larsson takes the next step and we can re-sign Zid on a good contract.

The other team wants something in return. No one would want Volch or Sal, but Tallinder is a tradeable asset. Someone had to go. Expect an announcement of JJ, or Henrique, and/or Zids in the next little while.