NFL Week 5!

CRASHER

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be fair this wasn't Derek's weekend... his little yankees got smoked... his love child in Avery is out a month... Scott Gomez is still mowing lawns, and life has been mean to him... we should just embrace his bitterness and feel the same!!

Funny how Clown.. you know the BILLS FAN... is taking it better then he!! :P

I was watching the game with a Giants fan and a Jets fan...they were both Yankee fans, and they were still intent on making fun of me 'when' the cowboys lost, even though we just watched the end of the Yankees game...boy was it a sweet night :)

I'll tell you exactly when that Time Out rule will be gone Crash....the moment a kicker goes up kicks the ball that misses only to see that the opposing coach called a time out and then the re-kick is good...after that...we won't see them any more...

Nick Folk is my HERO!!! :D

I'm hoping they get a clue for next year and make two changes:

1. the coach can not call a time out on defense with less then 5 seconds to go on the game or play clock..

2. the spike the ball rule is idiotic too but this is still the no fun league and it shows :P

Bills deserved the loss.

3rd and 8 at Dallas 11. Six minutes left in the game, up by 8 points, they pass and get intercepted. Should've just ran the ball, used up a little more clock if they were stopped and then kicked the FG, going up by 11. Force Dallas to score a TD, 2-point conversion and a FG to tie, or score two TDs to win in the final six minutes. Nope they try a pass.

But they quickly get the ball back as Romo flubs again. They run the first two downs, gaining 3 yards. Then they pass-incomplete STOPPING the clock. Why not run again, even if stuffed for no gain or a loss, they'd chew up a little more of the clock? Heck even take a delay of the game penalty as you were near mid-field when they punted anyway.

Bills deserved the loss.

3rd and 8 at Dallas 11. Six minutes left in the game, up by 8 points, they pass and get intercepted. Should've just ran the ball, used up a little more clock if they were stopped and then kicked the FG, going up by 11. Force Dallas to score a TD, 2-point conversion and a FG to tie, or score two TDs to win in the final six minutes. Nope they try a pass.

But they quickly get the ball back as Romo flubs again. They run the first two downs, gaining 3 yards. Then they pass-incomplete STOPPING the clock. Why not run again, even if stuffed for no gain or a loss, they'd chew up a little more of the clock? Heck even take a delay of the game penalty as you were near mid-field when they punted anyway.

You know what Derek.....

BLOW ME!!!!!!

I spent the entire weekend driving back and forth from DC, desperate to get as much football information as I could and get my ass back here for the 1:00 games, had 4 computer crisises... as well as a 5th today going on... and I MADE A SMALL TYPO (you know 4 is right next to three in my exhaustion to get sh!t done)... but there's your panties all in a huff... and I thought we can't judge teams by wins and losses right ??

Let's see... Giants... Losses (Cowboys 5-0, Packers 4-1) Wins (Jets 1-5, Redskins 3-1, Eagles 1-3)

Redskins.... Wins...(Eagles 1-3, Detroit 3-2, Miami 0-5) Losses (Giants 3-2)... and the Redskins are getting IMPROVED play from the QB (while Eli gets more sporadic week by week) and they seem to really believe in themselves... this is the one team I am worried about beating out Dallas for the NFC East

I'd say Tampa is on the verge of a collapse and a 6-10 finish, but the rest of the NFC South is even MORE hideous.... Tampa's not very good at all... and Arizona beat the Steelers, let's see either Tampa, the Redskins or your precious Giants pull that kind of win off!!

but hey pat your self on your little back and feel all better about yourself

least I actually put my sh!t out there and work on using facts and reasons why I see things like I do... and how many of these games do YOU watch every week?? I know I'm a devotee to the Sunday Football and as many games as I can watch!

So go take your nitpicking and your Donne Baseball security blanket and go watch the 94 Rangers DVD yet again, I'm sure it will make you feel good about yourself again... stick to hockey whining... it's truly what you write best about!

The Carolina Panthers have just signed a 43 year old QB. This QB is turning 44 next month. The Carolina Panthers have just signed Vinny Testaverde. John Fox believes he could start this week.

Help me!

Dude as a Vinny rehab sufferer... I really ... do truly.... feel your pain...there's no lower point in the NFL then having Vinny throw interceptions for your team... like I said in the review... trade for Derek Anderson next year... seriously!!

I like Delhomme. He was doing great this year. 8:1 touchdowns to interceptions was as strong as anyone in the league. Just a weird injury. I don't think we need another starter.

Vinny is older than our QB coach. When he played in the National Championship our other QB, Matt Moore wasn't even born.

You know what Derek.....

BLOW ME!!!!!!

I spent the entire weekend driving back and forth from DC, desperate to get as much football information as I could and get my ass back here for the 1:00 games, had 4 computer crisises... as well as a 5th today going on... and I MADE A SMALL TYPO (you know 4 is right next to three in my exhaustion to get sh!t done)... but there's your panties all in a huff... and I thought we can't judge teams by wins and losses right ??

Let's see... Giants... Losses (Cowboys 5-0, Packers 4-1) Wins (Jets 1-5, Redskins 3-1, Eagles 1-3)

Redskins.... Wins...(Eagles 1-3, Detroit 3-2, Miami 0-5) Losses (Giants 3-2)... and the Redskins are getting IMPROVED play from the QB (while Eli gets more sporadic week by week) and they seem to really believe in themselves... this is the one team I am worried about beating out Dallas for the NFC East

I'd say Tampa is on the verge of a collapse and a 6-10 finish, but the rest of the NFC South is even MORE hideous.... Tampa's not very good at all... and Arizona beat the Steelers, let's see either Tampa, the Redskins or your precious Giants pull that kind of win off!!

but hey pat your self on your little back and feel all better about yourself

least I actually put my sh!t out there and work on using facts and reasons why I see things like I do... and how many of these games do YOU watch every week?? I know I'm a devotee to the Sunday Football and as many games as I can watch!

So go take your nitpicking and your Donne Baseball security blanket and go watch the 94 Rangers DVD yet again, I'm sure it will make you feel good about yourself again... stick to hockey whining... it's truly what you write best about!

Looks like I won. Crash. You showed your true colors here. Don't give the Giants credit. I don't care.

What that I said the Redskins are a better team then the Giants??

I admit I'm pissed off at the NY Market since I can't hear thirty seconds of NFL talk on the damn radio (and don't start me again on Fatcessa cutting out on his NATIONALLY AIRED Football Show Sunday Morning half way through to whine about Torre getting fired either :rant:).. but I've ONLY been impressed with about 5 teams so far in the NFL.... New England, Indy (amazing how many injuries they are ignoring now), the Raiders (yes really, they got nothing, but first place in their division), Dallas, and Washington too... there's a lot of average to not so average teams in the NFL this year (and when you are prepping for 3 fantasy leagues in the off-season... you STUDY for this crap)

and what are you basing the level of good the Giants on anyway?? Enlighten me! Eli's showed a little guts this year playing hurt when needed too, but he's still been spotty.. and only gets worse as the weahter does.... Plaxico is FEASTING on smaller DB's (he still drops the easy passes.. but what top level WR doesn't now?)... Ward's been a NICE surprise and I'm still not sold on that defense, if you block the ends... the rest is bad... but if you can't... your D is only as good as the pass rush (true for any team)... the kicker misses too many field goals... add it up.. and you get an average team, that still has a history of feeling too good on itself ignoring the coaching staff and up and falling over dead in the second half!

and like I said.. how many games DO you actually watch each Sunday? I average 8 to 12 of them (depending on conflicts and how soon I can corner off my half of the bar B ) ), and then listen to the NY Teams since they put the sound on and have them on the big screens out of my view

If you didn't care you'd not have replied :P

What that I said the Redskins are a better team then the Giants??

I admit I'm pissed off at the NY Market since I can't hear thirty seconds of NFL talk on the damn radio (and don't start me again on Fatcessa cutting out on his NATIONALLY AIRED Football Show Sunday Morning half way through to whine about Torre getting fired either :rant:).. but I've ONLY been impressed with about 5 teams so far in the NFL.... New England, Indy (amazing how many injuries they are ignoring now), the Raiders (yes really, they got nothing, but first place in their division), Dallas, and Washington too... there's a lot of average to not so average teams in the NFL this year (and when you are prepping for 3 fantasy leagues in the off-season... you STUDY for this crap)

What about tha Steelers?

Winning vs Seahawks, without Holmes,Ward,Hampton,Polamalu,McFadden?

And they're 4-1.

:P