EQF Game 3 - Playoff GDT: Florida Panthers @ New Jersey Devils

NJCroMag

i've calmed down a little after last nights game. i was furious, as most of us were. there's a giant hole in my wall, cause i put my computer chair through it at the end of the game.

This is the only reason I'm glad I was at the game cause I would have done something similar if I was at home watching this game.

its so painful because we CAN win this series. game 1 & 3 we scored 3 goals before the panthers knew it. after that, some bad calls and warranted calls have gotten us in trouble and we stopped playing. good job to the panthers for rallying but we are the better team.

game 4 is a must win.

yesterday is yesterday, we lost. panthers have 2 we have 1.

tomorrow, lets go devils, just win, i dont care how.

its so painful because we CAN win this series. game 1 & 3 we scored 3 goals before the panthers knew it. after that, some bad calls and warranted calls have gotten us in trouble and we stopped playing. good job to the panthers for rallying but we are the better team.

game 4 is a must win.

yesterday is yesterday, we lost. panthers have 2 we have 1.

tomorrow, lets go devils, just win, i dont care how.

That's probably the best frame of mind to be in now. I will be at the Rock and I will be just as pumped as I was when the puck dropped yesterday and will hopefully see them pull out a win and even the series.

i've calmed down a little after last nights game. i was furious, as most of us were. there's a giant hole in my wall, cause i put my computer chair through it at the end of the game. oops.. anyway, i've calmed down, had some time to reflect, and i dont want to spend anymore time worrying about the next game. i just want them to win. tie the series, regain some confidence going back to Florida, and win this series 4-2. if last night wasn't a wake up call for the team, then there isn't one. im trying to remain optimistic about game 4. maybe last night needed to happen, and they'll come out guns fvcking blazing tomorrow night, for more then 10 minutes in the first period. that's all we need, one solid, dominant game to build off of. please just get it done. sorry for rambling.. i needed to get all that out.. LGD!

I'm hopeful of that as well. Certainly, the team didn't get outplayed. They outplayed themselves last night.

However, what worries me is that now you have a little margin for error to correct the ship. You're down 2-1, and literally have to win 3 out of 4. No margin for error.

I've seen it all too often that the "must win" game, in this case the Devils, will play awesome, just hit posts and run into an unbelievable goalie, only to lose in OT or in the last minute (much like we did against Carolina in game 7).

It doesn't matter. We can't beat Philly or Nashville, so it really makes no difference anyway, but it would have been nice to see us win at least two rounds.

Kovalchuk is playing with too much heart and nerves, if anything. Dude needs to sit back and relax. Look at his passing all over the place. Poor shot selection. He needs to stop worrying about elavating his game and do what he normally does.

*Too much heart*? Wouldn't want to see what happens if he played with too little. He coasted back on an icing late in the game. Not that I think he's the disease, he just compliments it well.

*Too much heart*? Wouldn't want to see what happens if he played with too little. He coasted back on an icing late in the game. Not that I think he's the disease, he just compliments it well.

I agree that people haven't ripped Kovy enough, and for whatever reason he seems to have lost his passion in recent weeks (I thought it was due to the last few games being meaningless, but it has carried over into the playoffs). That said, he's here for 13 more years so it's kinda counterproductive to say get him out of town. Zach and Marty might only be here two more games so they're easier targets at the moment.

I only signed in to say I'm lmfao at this. This made my day.

Some of the Zach memes posted on HF are simply brilliant, including the one MadDog posted :lol:

mad dogs posts got me through this shocker

i just deleted a rant on zach, we cant win with him imo.

nobody wants to captain this team lol

Hey, glad I could help lol. If I didn't have this board and everyone on it to vent with after games like that, I'd probably be in an insane asylum by now. :P