NHL rumored to be Back on ESPN

Verran12

Until ESPN gets back a piece of hockey, it will be out of the American mainstream.

I can live a happy and full life knowing the NHL is NEVER in the American mainstream thank you

and it will be a happier life with no need EVER for the Anti-Sports Network!!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watch Sportscenter in probably over a year, but I had to check to see what kind of coverage they'd give Marty.

SC was supposed to start at 11:30ET (after NIT basketball), but started around 11:40.

After one of their stupid montages, they led off with...

5-6 minutes about Team USA winning a game in the World Baseball Classic. Not the tournament, just one game.

6-7 minutes about the "playoff positioning" matchup between the Cavaliers and Magic.

Finally, the 3rd story was Brodeur. Linda "Gopher" Cohn doing the highlights, with Barry Melrose commenting via satellite, from parts unknown.

After the Elias highlight, she comments that "The Captain" has broken the Devils all time scoring record. Right as they show him celebrating with the big "A" on his chest.

They did show Marty cutting down the net, showed a bit of his press conference, and some meaningless banter between Linda and Barry.

I really vomit at the thought of the NHL on ESPN again. I can't believe some of you are happy about this potential news.

I haven't watch Sportscenter in probably over a year, but I had to check to see what kind of coverage they'd give Marty.

SC was supposed to start at 11:30ET (after NIT basketball), but started around 11:40.

After one of their stupid montages, they led off with...

5-6 minutes about Team USA winning a game in the World Baseball Classic. Not the tournament, just one game.

6-7 minutes about the "playoff positioning" matchup between the Cavaliers and Magic.

Finally, the 3rd story was Brodeur. Linda "Gopher" Cohn doing the highlights, with Barry Melrose commenting via satellite, from parts unknown.

After the Elias highlight, she comments that "The Captain" has broken the Devils all time scoring record. Right as they show him celebrating with the big "A" on his chest.

They did show Marty cutting down the net, showed a bit of his press conference, and some meaningless banter between Linda and Barry.

I really vomit at the thought of the NHL on ESPN again. I can't believe some of you are happy about this potential news.

Did you watch the end of it to where Linda was like it was a great day for me the rangers won in a shootout. Before that all she was saying was about the rangers it was so annoying. I hate ESPN with a passion.

Did you see the ESPNews Highlight of the Night with Melrose and some other guy in the studio and Burnside reporting from the Rock? Man, Burnside is a fvcking a$$hole. On one hand, I was surprised as he said he thinks Marty is the best all-time and he considers his wins record untouchable. But on the other hand, even on a night like this he couldn't help taking a shot at the Devils and getting the Rangers into this, by saying something like "you know, they aren't in New York City, they aren't exactly the Rangers, but they are still great". LITERALLY! How big of a dick can you be?! :rant:

If you missed it, you can find it somewhere on ESPN's site, as well as on espnamerica.com. But I'm gonna stay as far from there as possible (except when I have to check ESPN America's schedule).

Edited by Revan

Did you see the ESPNews Highlight of the Night with Melrose and some other guy in the studio and Burnside reporting from the Rock? Man, Burnside is a fvcking a$$hole. On one hand, I was surprised as he said he thinks Marty is the best all-time and he considers his wins record untouchable. But on the other hand, even on a night like this he couldn't help taking a shot at the Devils and getting the Rangers into this, by saying something like "you know, they aren't in New York City, they aren't exactly the Rangers, but they are still great". LITERALLY! How big of a dick can you be?! :rant:

If you missed it, you can find it somewhere on ESPN's site, as well as on espnamerica.com. But I'm gonna stay as far from there as possible (except when I have to check ESPN America's schedule).

Again, ESPN is not relevant.