GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils 7pm

njdevil26

Not for nothing -- Kovalchuk and Palmieri both -3. ugh

Are people starting to realize Palmieri is not as good as people think he is? He's terrible! He had a couple good games during the Johnny Mac reign and if you remember.. Jason Arnott was our point leader for awhile... Lol

oh boy, we are really bad. It's going to be a long season.

I have to say this performance falls on DeBoer. The team simply was not ready to play any NHL team tonight. That falls on the coach.

That's exactly right. Not ready to jump off a building just yet, but that was far and away the worst the Devils have looked outta the gate in the last 10 years. Def doesn't do anything for a fans confidence.

Here is the thing. losing to the flyers, maybe not a huge deal. But the way we played today... disgusting. we had maybe 1 chance to score a goal. The Sykora shot at the end of the 2nd. We had no traffic in front, we looked small, and it looked like a calm and composed win by the flyers. Brodeur looked good IMO.

Here is the thing. losing to the flyers, maybe not a huge deal. But the way we played today... disgusting. we had maybe 1 chance to score a goal. The Sykora shot at the end of the 2nd. We had no traffic in front, we looked small, and it looked like a calm and composed win by the flyers. Brodeur looked good IMO.

That's how I saw it as well.

I think Kovalchuk is going to need better linemates. Palmieri and Zubrus were invisible out there. Kovy has adjusted his game to a less selfish style since moving from Atlanta (not night and day, but there is definitely a difference), and that means he needs linemates that can actually do something out there.

Kovalchuk not have Zajac to play with hurts if they won't put another skilled player out there with him.

As a small adjustment to the lines, try Tedenby on RW with Kovalchuk, move Palmieri down to 3rd or 4th line. Palmieri needs to learn to use his body better anyway.

I think Kovalchuk is going to need better linemates. Palmieri and Zubrus were invisible out there. Kovy has adjusted his game to a less selfish style since moving from Atlanta (not night and day, but there is definitely a difference), and that means he needs linemates that can actually do something out there.

Kovalchuk not have Zajac to play with hurts if they won't put another skilled player out there with him.

Agreed! Josefson is a much better option than Zubrus. Tedenby should be the other winger. The Devils have to go with what they've got and those two swedes are the closest thing they have to top 6 material. Palmieri doesn't even belong on this team.

I know people like to run around like headless chickens after a couple games when the season begins, but can we give it like 20 games before going too overboard? That's the only point I'm trying to make.

I don't think anyone went "too overboard".