Replacement Players? I aint buying it..

sassquash

If they lowered the ticket prices/gave season ticket holders a partial refund for the replacement players I would be down for it. It would be interesting to see how many of the 3rd and 4th line and backup goalies would say forget the union, we are gonna play. I'd bet on Marty playing too since he never really seems to care for what the union has to say over the years when it comes to his contracts.

I don't buy the fact that the NHL would ever bring in replacement players though.

Edited by Satans Hockey

That's probably where even I'd draw the line on attending games. Of course I wouldn't be able to sell my tickets for beans either (aisle seats or not) but that wouldn't sit right with me, even if some of the regulars crossed the picket line.

I don't know if they'd even be able to get away with it legally. Baseball couldn't when Fehr won in court during the '95 strike.

Edited by NJDevs4978

That's probably where even I'd draw the line on attending games. Of course I wouldn't be able to sell my tickets for beans either (aisle seats or not) but that wouldn't sit right with me, even if some of the regulars crossed the picket line.

I don't know if they'd even be able to get away with it legally. Baseball couldn't when Fehr won in court during the '95 strike.

. I would NEVER, EVER support that sh!t. I'd flip sh!t if the NHL tried to pull a stunt like that.

I'd watch. I don't think league would actually do this. But I could see them threaten it.

The KHL would love it.

I think you'll see the 3rd/4th liners jump on the opportunity for a paycheck.. and US/Canda stars weigh their options... but you'll see the Russian stars stay home... and take the tax free, huge dollar contracts.

Ultimately, it would kill the value of the NHL, so I seriously doubt you'd see this... or at least not until November, 2013 or so.