Volchenkov Suspended for three games.

Maddog

Per TG-Per his agent, @Jay_Grossman, Anton Volchenkov suspended for three games for elbow to head of Zach Boychuk.

Per his agent, @Jay_Grossman, Anton Volchenkov suspended for three games for elbow to head of Zach Boychuk.

— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice)

February 9, 2011

Well this stinks! :evilcry:

That's pretty harsh. I expected 1-2 games at worst. But then again, maybe A-Train has had 1-2 game suspensions in the past so he was considered a repeat offender? I'm not sure. Looks like we'll have to survive with Fraser and Salmela in the line-up.

Here's the clip that was posted in the other thread as well for reference:

That's lame, his head is lower because he is reaching for the puck and it looks to me like Volchenkov let up when he noticed that.

They're reverting to NFL rules with that :noclue:

Knew it was coming with the time NHL Network spent talking about it last night.......

Totally incindental. Zach Boychuk was going down and more or less ran into what would have been a shoulder check if he didn't go down. It's half Train half-Boychuk. Boychuk's head snapping back is more of a result of Zach moving head head quickly out of the way than A-Train hitting it.

When I saw the hit last night I already knew he was getting suspended...not for the hit but mostly because he is wearing Red, white and Black.

If his name was Cooke or Avery, this hit would have been called a beauty or a legal hit.

Once again, fvckK YOU NHL

3 games... seriously? He's never been suspended before.

and it's not at ALL on purpose -- and the dude isn't even expecting to miss any games!

This is really really poor politics.

EDIT: and I do consider myself unbiased. I love getting on Devils for sh!t penalties that come out of frustration... this was just bad timing and I think a little lack of control out there -- trying too hard and getting sloppy.

Edited by Pepperkorn