Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

We should go after both Kubs and Zidlicky for the right price. Only problem is Zid's contract. I feel our defense needs two guys. Get rid of Foster, he can be replaced easily by Kubina/Zidlicky. Tallinder has the clot and hasn't been so solid. Volchenkov's style can mean injury at a blocked shot. Salvador is only a year removed from PCS. Greene hasn't been the most stable health wise in the past. Larsson has been out now. Fayne or Lars haven't even seen the playoffs yet...

We should go after both Kubs and Zidlicky for the right price. Only problem is Zid's contract. I feel our defense needs two guys. Get rid of Foster, he can be replaced easily by Kubina/Zidlicky. Tallinder has the clot and hasn't been so solid. Volchenkov's style can mean injury at a blocked shot. Salvador is only a year removed from PCS. Greene hasn't been the most stable health wise in the past. Larsson has been out now. Fayne or Lars haven't even seen the playoffs yet...

Your assessment is spot on and scared me terribly

Kind of bummed to see Blake Geoffrion traded from Nashville. He grew up in the fantastic town of Brentwood just outside of Nashville where I lived briefly a few years ago and hope to move back to. He was the first native of Tennessee to play in the NHL.

Kinda crazy that he grew up in Tennessee and got to play for the Preds, and now he gets to play in Montreal, where his grandfather was a legend.

Kind of bummed to see Blake Geoffrion traded from Nashville. He grew up in the fantastic town of Brentwood just outside of Nashville where I lived briefly a few years ago and hope to move back to. He was the first native of Tennessee to play in the NHL.

Same here. He was fantastic for promoting the game to youth in the Nashville area.

Would anyone here want Vermette? I think he would solidify our offense completely. He is a speedy guy that brings a solid two-way game. I know he is a center, but I personally would like to have our younger centres play wing in crunch time, well Henrique at least. I would be okay with Josefson centering the 4th line.

If we got Vermette or maybe even Pahlsson from CLB, I would like the lines to look.

Parise-Zajac-Henrique, good two-way effort and hardwork

Kovy-Elias-Clarkson, Patty and Kovy have clicked and Clarkie would provide a nice balance as a net crasher for these guys.

Ponikarovsky-Vermette/Pahlsson-Zubrus, shutdown/secondary scoring line. Size, strength, speed

Sykora-Josefson-Bernier, solid fourth line, I wouldn't want Sykora to be rubbed the wrong way about it. I would still use him in key situations for his great shot off the face-off in the offensive zone. Also this could help prevent mistakes with two younger inexperienced players on line 4, and an aging Sykora.

keep in mind I haven't really followed up on Zajac's injury and who knows how sharp he will be once he is 100%

Edited by Jerseydevils0324