We Suck

1Guy3Cups

How can you call yourself a realist and then make such an ABSURD comment? Kovy has done nothing? He leads the team in both powerplay and shorthanded points (even still after being out the last 5 games), he leads the team in time on ice, and he's still second in scoring by a pretty wide margin. I mean, the powerplay has become absolutely useless, down from it's usual mediocre at best. He's not far off his usual PPG pace, either. But you're right, we're the exact same team without him as we were with him. Unreal. 

really??? he is 56th in the league in points... he isnt paid to be in 56th... if he was in the 20's I would be happy... You clearly have  man crush... move on.. we need goals..

You made some seriously valid points.  I am in my thirties and have been blessed to watch a team that was just down right terrible when I was a young lad to a team that has been in the thick of it from year to year.  Its a great accomplishment with what they have done especially with Marty between the pipes.  As a fan I am forever greatful for all the memories.  But the times are changing and so has this team.. We were so defensively based in those years of success and teams dreamed of our lineups.  But the tide is shifting and most teams today have 3 amazing players on their front line.  My focus as a fan is where are we headed?  What proactive moves will be made in the off season, how are we hedging Marty? So many questions with really no answer set... Its more of a panic on my behalf as a fan of what I see coming down the pipeline..

And the I find myself to be a realist.  Its just owning whats really happening vs sugar coating it with butterflies and rainbows like some people do.  Like saying, " well Kovy is out".. hate to break the bank but he hasnt done anything this year..

There is a realist comment..

We have Kovy, Elias, Henrique and Zajac.  That's four pretty damn good players if you ask me lol.

We have Kovy, Elias, Henrique and Zajac.  That's four pretty damn good players if you ask me lol.

Nobody said they weren't good.. only solid player so far this year is Elias.. Henrique not living up to his name, bunch of big goals in the right moments.. I say right place right time for him.. Zajac, is solid but hasn't been of lately.  Love him though..  They all need to score!! Thats all that matters..

really??? he is 56th in the league in points... he isnt paid to be in 56th... if he was in the 20's I would be happy... You clearly have  man crush... move on.. we need goals..

Sorry, I didn't realize you were paying his contract. No wonder you're so upset. :doh1:  The guy is a point a game player. He is close to his usual production and that's with playing most of the season with rookies and randoms on his other wing. He's not superman. No man crush, just truth.

Alright then who do you suggest we get and at what price are you willing to get him for?

Nobody said they weren't good.. only solid player so far this year is Elias.. Henrique not living up to his name, bunch of big goals in the right moments.. I say right place right time for him.. Zajac, is solid but hasn't been of lately.  Love him though..  They all need to score!! Thats all that matters..

Not everyone is going to have great years and if there is a season to have a bad year, its this shortened 48-game throwaway season where the draft is the best in 10 years.  There is a side of me that would be happier for the team in the long run if they have a lottery chance than sneaking into the playoffs only to lose in the first round.

56th... not paid to be 56th... go look at the other contracts and their production.. Your gay for him.. just admit it.. You have that gay photo of him..

Yes, let's look at the Richards, Bryzgalov, DiPietro, Luongo, Lecavelier and other contracts and see how they are doing over their length so far shall we?

honestly... Bobby Ryan would have been the man.. However I think his contract was to expire and he would have been a FA probably looking for 7 mil..

Not everyone is going to have great years and if there is a season to have a bad year, its this shortened 48-game throwaway season where the draft is the best in 10 years.  There is a side of me that would be happier for the team in the long run if they have a lottery chance than sneaking into the playoffs only to lose in the first round.

Yes, let's look at the Richards, Bryzgalov, DiPietro, Luongo, Lecavelier and other contracts and see how they are doing over their length so far shall we?

Luongo?? he score goals??? hahaha Actually probably would have been a great fit with us with Marty leaving soon.. and Richards?? The Rangers are dumb.. they traded Gaborik.. come on dude

Why didn't you go out and get Bobby Ryan then? You already said you're paying. If your players aren't getting the amount of production you want, then go get better ones with your money. Smh. If Kovy doesn't get hurt, he's probably hovering around 30th in points right now and our team almost certainly has at least a handful more points in the standings. Also, just a word to the wise, you just look stupid when your argument is backed up on the basis of name-calling. 

honestly... Bobby Ryan would have been the man.. However I think his contract was to expire and he would have been a FA probably looking for 7 mil..

Luongo?? he score goals??? hahaha Actually probably would have been a great fit with us with Marty leaving soon.. and Richards?? The Rangers are dumb.. they traded Gaborik.. come on dude

You were talking about living up to contracts, not neccessarily scoring goals so Luongo fits.  There are a ton of top level players who are being overpaid these days in comparison to what they are producing.

The Rags may have traded Gaborik but they also opened up salary for themselves while getting decent players in return.  They have done plenty of dumb moves in the past but I wouldnt consider this as one. 

Why didn't you go out and get Bobby Ryan then? You already said you're paying. If your players aren't getting the amount of production you want, then go get better ones with your money. Smh. If Kovy doesn't get hurt, he's probably hovering around 30th in points right now and our team almost certainly has at least a handful more points in the standings. Also, just a word to the wise, you just look stupid when your argument is backed up on the basis of name-calling. 

Just basing it off of this thread, I am glad he wasnt around when the Devils lost game 6 in last year's finals.  I can only imagine the posts he would be making then lol.

• Like 1

I actually wasn't mad last year because we played our best and those games could have went either way... So my comment would have been, " we gave it our best"... And PWW you honestly are clueless.. As a contributing fan like yourself you sound silly making those comments saying" well why didn't you go get him then".  You sound retarded. I obviously am not in the position to go purchase a player for an organization that I don't even work for.  So enough out of you sir...

On a positive note, I say we blow next year too on purpose and go after Conor McDavid.. Kid is 15 in the OHL and has 70 points... who is with me???

I actually wasn't mad last year because we played our best and those games could have went either way... So my comment would have been, " we gave it our best"... And PWW you honestly are clueless.. As a contributing fan like yourself you sound silly making those comments saying" well why didn't you go get him then".  You sound retarded. I obviously am not in the position to go purchase a player for an organization that I don't even work for.  So enough out of you sir...

On a positive note, I say we blow next year too on purpose and go after Conor McDavid.. Kid is 15 in the OHL and has 70 points... who is with me???

That's exactly the point I was getting at. You're NOT in a position with the organization so who the hell are you to complain about how much a guy is making? You're a fan, you don't pay him. Who cares if you think he's "overpaid"? Would you rather not have him because of this hypothetical amount he "owes" you based on your own judgement. Right over your head man. Also, if you think the Rangers are dumb for getting much needed scoring depth and an upgrade on defense in exchange for an underperforming All-Star that they really didn't need, then you really have no grasp for hockey at all. But that's another argument entirely.

I stand by the fact that Kovy has been as good as usual this season and had he not gotten hurt, his points would've balanced out to where they ALWAYS are, a point per game.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were paying his contract. No wonder you're so upset. :doh1:  The guy is a point a game player. He is close to his usual production and that's with playing most of the season with rookies and randoms on his other wing. He's not superman. No man crush, just truth.

Not sure why 1guy3cups went off the deep end with the gay comment and some horrific grammar, but honestly, Kovy needs to do better. For the money he gets, I want ppg pace or better. Anything less is a disappointment and he's been a RW since the beginning of last season, so that's no excuse. Though he has had sub par linemates this year.

That being said, his production isn't terrible, just not what I'd like.

Edited by ATLL765

im on the fence here...

i simply think that there's extremist people on both sides... on one hands you have the guys after a 10 games losing streak that will go "TRADE AWAY THE WHOLE TEAM, FIRE LOU, FIRE DEBOER, MOVE THE TEAM TO ALASKA!!!" and then you have the ones that will convinced themselves that it's simply a slump with no puck luck and that the team is fine (even though it may or not be)

and i dont know why if someone pointing out bad things that he should be called out for jumping the ship, the team has quite a few problems this year and pointing them out is indeed realistic sometimes.

When things go bad it's one thing to go crazy at the extreme but its another to close your eyes and denying it.

but i mean... it's a fact that our #1center is under performing, our PP sucks, we're not scoring much, our goaltending has been below average mostly, our Ds even though they are keeping the shots low will mostly have an immense brain fart leaving a guy wide open on a side for an open net... those are facts and its frustrating but obviously we know the guys have it in them they did it last year they just have to get on the same page.

Edited by SterioDesign

Zajac still needs to prove he's a 1st line center to me. He had two good seasons and has yet to break 50 pts since.

to me Zajac is not a true #1 center. but i mean, it doesnt grow on trees and there's not even 30 real #1 center in the league, and some teams have 2 so...

That's exactly the point I was getting at. You're NOT in a position with the organization so who the hell are you to complain about how much a guy is making? You're a fan, you don't pay him. Who cares if you think he's "overpaid"? Would you rather not have him because of this hypothetical amount he "owes" you based on your own judgement. Right over your head man. Also, if you think the Rangers are dumb for getting much needed scoring depth and an upgrade on defense in exchange for an underperforming All-Star that they really didn't need, then you really have no grasp for hockey at all. But that's another argument entirely.

I stand by the fact that Kovy has been as good as usual this season and had he not gotten hurt, his points would've balanced out to where they ALWAYS are, a point per game.

I am in a position to complain buddy. And I think he is overpaid along with a lot of players on this team.. But listen, I dont know what I am talking about... We have Zubrus, Elias, Clarkson, Sullivan, Poni, Kostapolous, Zidliky, and Harold are all UFA and RFA are Josephson, Henrique, Lokti, Butler... So expect major changes... probably won't be overpaying a lot of them ...

to me Zajac is not a true #1 center. but i mean, it doesnt grow on trees and there's not even 30 real #1 center in the league, and some teams have 2 so...

Zajac has other strengths outside the points... He is a solid player in a slump.. PWW.. don't take my complaining as me not liking Kovy... Just saying he isn't dominating like he should...

That's the thing, #1 centers are pretty hard to come by in this league and the ones that have 1 or 2 do everything they can to keep them.  Zajac is pretty much the closest we got right now and I think overall he is a pretty damn good player.

Whoever is number 1 in points every year previous :P. Bobby Ryan is going to run to the Flyers the second FA hits. 

oh god that is a good point... Bobby Ryan with the Flyers... Something like that would happen to us.. Guy has nasty hands.. he will be shake and baking everyone..

The only point I was trying to get at is he's really not playing that far off from how he has ALWAYS played. If he isn't playing with a Zajac who couldn't put a puck in the ocean and a rookie shoehorned into a top line slot because Lou didn't feel like even attempting to replace Parise, then he's probably at or above where he is expected to be. That's the point I'm trying to make. People have been knocking Kovy as being "useless" at 5 on 5 and that he can only score on the PP. Well duh, look at the line he played on for the better part of the season. Kovy's "failure" to dominate is mostly, if not entirely, on Lou this season.

Edited by PWW

The only point I was trying to get at is he's really not playing that far off from how he has ALWAYS played. If he isn't playing with a Zajac who couldn't put a puck in the ocean and a rookie shoehorned into a top line slot because Lou didn't feel like even attempting to replace Parise, then he's probably at or above where he is expected to be. That's the point I'm trying to make. People have been knocking Kovy as being "useless" at 5 on 5 and that he can only score on the PP. Well duh, look at the line he played on for the better part of the season. Kovy's "failure" to dominate is mostly, if not entirely, on Lou this season.

True but still... when you're making that much money you're supposed to make the other players better, not rely on them to produce. I'm not knocking on Kovy by the way.

I'm a fan, someone who loves the team. Self-proclaimed "realists" are crocks of sh!t. They use the phrase "realist" to mask their short tempered and 'what have you done for me lately' attitude. 

While I agree with most of what you wrote, I don't see being a realist as a bad thing.  You can love something/someone and still see their flaws, or disagree with some decision they make but at the end of the day you're still behind them.  There's a huge difference between honest realism and bandwagonism.

The inherent problem with people that brag about being realists is they're often chronic pessimists.