Reason Why The Devils Aren't Popular

CMaGee

On 1050 ESPN, the Jocks, I believe Wally and the Keeg were on. They are at the CAA for their show, and looking to interview a Devil for it. It was 4 hours till face off, and Lamorillo says no interviews. I can understand this 2 hours before a game, but cmon. I love what Lou has done, but he needs to have this team more media friendly. Things like this are a bit of the reason why the Finals will get a 0.9 share of the ratings. Make these guys accesable to the public, so we can get to know them better. I know some of you may not agree, or like keeping the status quo, but I think it would only help if these players were interviewed more often.

4 hours before a game is usually the players rest time. Screw ESPN! I'd rather the guys get their normal routine in, instead of Smoozing with some radio guys who really don't give a sh!t about hockey anyway. To paraphrase a famous quote: "The game's the thing."

It's just more media crap so they can talk bad about the Devils. What is most important here? The hockey games themselves or espn radio called & someone's gotta go give an interview. I'm almost positive the NHL dictates specific times the team must be available, the remainder is up to the teams.

Let's face it, Wally & the Keeg aren't really going to ask hockey intelligent questions anyway, they try to get players because they can't discuss hockey without looking dumb.

If anything, they should've tried to grab a media person, like say, someone from the Ducks media, or from anyone covering the game, like Emrick, Loughlin, Chico, even Sam Rosen, who does radio. Someone who can explain the game to them, instead of asking, dumb questions to a player.

I like the idea of our guys in the public eye. They have CLASS! It disappoints me whenever Louie doesn't let them speak. The sports world has too many A-holes. The Devils add dignity to what is slowly becoming the hero-less sports world.

It's just more media crap so they can talk bad about the Devils. What is most important here? The hockey games themselves or espn radio called & someone's gotta go give an interview. I'm almost positive the NHL dictates specific times the team must be available, the remainder is up to the teams.

Let's face it, Wally & the Keeg aren't really going to ask hockey intelligent questions anyway, they try to get players because they can't discuss hockey without looking dumb.

If anything, they should've tried to grab a media person, like say, someone from the Ducks media, or from anyone covering the game, like Emrick, Loughlin, Chico, even Sam Rosen, who does radio. Someone who can explain the game to them, instead of asking, dumb questions to a player.

The average sports media person in NY wouldn't know Turner Stevenson from Tina Turner so having a discussion of real issues such as the effects Turner and Niewy's absence, who should play D, etc. is impossible. When they do talk hockey the discussion is so token and superficial that it doesn't interest the casual sports fan and is useless to the real hockey fan. (Although at least Richard Nere took tons of Devs calls after the game.)

So b/c they have nothing interesting to say they bring up the non-issues, ratings, attendnace, etc. and this gives them a convenient excuse to go back to baseball.

I don't blame Lou---he doesn't need the players exposed to these idiots b/4 game time, esp. Marty.

Lou restricts access even when the NHL mandates it... Im with him on it... but it doesnt help our PR.

We might just be the hockey's fan team... But hockey fans are rare... a lot of them trek to the all-star game, so of course Id expect a bunch of Devs jersey's... and Ill bet you most of them prolly never lived in Jersey or the metro.