184 replies to this topic

#21 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,102 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

also it looks like kind of a reach. Ranked 41 on one list, 34 on another. Better talent was to be had
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#22 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Say this on http://www.nhl.com/i...htm?cspid=15804

"Matteau intends to join Blainville-Boisbriand Armada in the QMJHL for the 2012-13 season."
Also has him listed as a center.

If he declines to sign with the Devils, ranger fans will mock us forever.
Devils.

#23 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

Lou fell asleep at the wheel just like did when he screwed up qualifying Raffi, Madden and White. Should've given up the pick this year.

#24 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

"Matteau intends to join Blainville-Boisbriand Armada in the QMJHL for the 2012-13 season."

Devils.

#25 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Oh well, I got past '94 a long time ago. If the guy can help the Devils win, that's all I care about. How great would it be to see him burn the Rangers someday? I'd rather root for him to do something like that someday than to root against him for something his father did almost 20 years ago. Like it or not, this kid may be a Devil someday...might as well embrace him.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#26 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

We should have given up the pick this year. What a waste.

Do you even know any thing about this player besides that his dad is the famous Matteau?

Who cares anyway, Henriques goal is fresh in my mind. :)

In all honestly, Conte must of seen him as the BPA. He is feisty and aggressive. You can say Collberg would of been better or another player but do you think Lou really just "wasted" a 1st rounder when we had to surrender one in the near future? C'mon now.

I like it.

He is only 18.

Why would he decline to sign with us anyways?

#27 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

hilarious move to nullify any rags chant now, we have matteau and henrique covered. the only way they can come back is drafting brodeur but i doubt he would sign with them.

hope he actually works out as a player lol

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#28 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

Nobody yet?....ok

Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!

Who cares what his Dad did, thats lone gone, he was the best overall forward left. In Lou we trust. :koolaid:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#29 twillms73

twillms73

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

I don't care if his name is Sandusky. If he can play, it's all good.
Tom Willms
IYMSportsRadio.com

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

If he ever gets the #32 a certain poster in here is gonna look SILLY :rofl:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#31 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

If he can help eventually push Clarkson off the Devils, I am absolutely elated with the pick.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#32 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

I trust Lou and Conte, they've drafted well recently and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Hockey Prospect, talks about how he is strong defensively and plays a high tempo game with a strong work ethic. He may not ever develop real strong offensive skills or finish but he seems like the type of player who can protect the puck and move the play forward. Picking this late in a weak draft, especially for forwards, its not like they were going to get an elite level offensive talent. Sure other guys like Collberg and Sissons were still on the board but this seems like the type of player that with his skill set, could develop into a real useful piece for the Devils.

Mark Edwards the head scout for Hockey Prospect is a fan of his and mentions that the Armada staff should coach him well. His dad is actually an assistant on the staff. He may not be a sexy pick but there are reasons to be optimistic.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#33 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,735 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

If he can help eventually push Clarkson off the Devils, I am absolutely elated with the pick.

Honestly? This is a reaction? Clarkson is 28 in August. Matteau is 18. He probably won't be in the NHL for another 5 years, if he ever makes it.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#34 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,830 posts

Nobody here knows if this is a good or bad pick. People are basing all of their opinions on his name. Let's see what the kid can bring.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#35 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Anybody who has a problem with this pick doesn't have enough faith in Lou and Conte.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#36 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Wow, TSN really had the '94 clip locked and loaded for this pick.

If picking this player was what's best for the team then I guess I support the pick, but it's going to take a bit to bring myself to cheer for him.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#37 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

Nobody here knows if this is a good or bad pick. People are basing all of their opinions on his name. Let's see what the kid can bring.

Nothing to do with his name. I actually like that part of it. His ceiling appears to be Steve Bernier. That's what bothers me.

Edited by Daniel, 22 June 2012 - 10:29 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#38 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Notice the Devils even had a jersey with his name prepared! It's usually only done for players who you're planning on drafting all along. Lou must've been scheming for months. :giggle:

Lou is such a troll.

Posted Image

You almost HAVE to think Lou is gonna wiggle his way out of that penalty with the new CBA. Only explanation I can think of.

You keep saying that, but I can't see how that would work. Even if the new CBA establishes a new way of penalizing teams for that stuff, it cannot affect the penalties that were already put on clubs. We won't get away with this, I'm afraid.

The reason Id say I dont like it is because he's a future pick. Hes not going to even be in Albany next year and this year seemed like the perfect time to pay our penalty for Kovy.

That's what you get at #29. Every pick this late is a "future pick".

Of course he's going to play in the QMJHL next year (and the year after that, and perhaps for another one as well), he's a late 1st round pick and that's what late 1st round picks do: play in minor leagues for a couple of years before breaking into the NHL.

hilarious move to nullify any rags chant now, we have matteau and henrique covered.

Ha, I didn't think about Henrique at first! :D That's right, we now have both Matteau and King Henrique. And we won the most recent and one of the biggest series those teams ever played with each other.

#39 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

Its wishful thinking, Rev. I realize we're probably not getting away with this. Can only have faith in Lou at this point.

TG just tweeted this:

"Stefan Matteau said "the plan" is to make the Devils think of something good when they hear his name."

+

"Stefan: "It's a great organization for me to go to."

Edited by ghdi, 22 June 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#40 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

94's pain died the second that Henrique put that puck in the back of the net.

We've drafted the son of an Islander who scored a big goal against the Rags, now a Rag who scored a big goal against us, and next up a Devil's offspring who scored a big goal against a Flyer. Elias get on that unless Pepe's got a kid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users