2009-2010 New York Jets Thread

RockingTheRed81

Awesome trade. Now we have a receiver with true #1 talent that is 6'3, and needs to be doubled. This should open up some room for Cotchery and Keller.

I sure hope so, Braylon is a game breaker when he want's to be. I'd even go so far to say; the biggest receiver the Jets have had (with the largest upside) since Keyshawn. His maturity has been questioned, but I think\hope alot of that comes from being only 26 years old. I know he's had some trouble with dropped passes, but if he can find his stride again... I feel good about Sanchez -to- Edwards this season.

Of course I said the same thing about Favre -to- Cotchery last season... and even Clemens -to- Coles the year before... and Pennington -to- Moss a few seasons before that... so yeah. -lol. Since Testaverde -to- Chrebet.. the Jets have been searching for that 1-2`Punch Combo, that can dominate for 60 minutes. Hopefully My linkTHISis it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't help but think of Wayne Chrebet when I see somebody like Danny Woodhead.

...you may have hit the nail on the head 7, because it looks like Woodhead may (not only play this Sunday, but) play against the Bills as a WR?!

Woodhead probable for Sunday.

"The Jets might add a new wrinkle against Buffalo this weekend, with running back Danny Woodhead working at wide receiver during practice Thursday afternoon. Woodhead currently is on the practice squad, and imitates opponents' top running backs and receivers on the scout team. "He could be a slot receiver Sunday." Ryan said. "Sometimes you stumble into it, but he did a great job of being like Wes Welker when we were preparing for New England. We put him in the slot, and he was very tough. He really was." Woodhead the former NCAA career rushing leader at Chadron State, worked with the Jets' receivers throughout the practice, and wore No. 83 formerly donned by the recently traded Chansi Stuckey. "I really didn't want to take Stuck's number so soon, but it looked better than 86." Woodhead said. "It just didn't look right on a little guy like me." Ryan has raved about the 5-foot-7 Woodhead's pass-catching skills since minicamp, but the Jets have three other running backs on the active roster. "His better shot might be to learn receiver." Ryan said. "He could be one of those jack-of-all-trades guys. He becomes really valuable that way."

Jets move Woodhead to WR

The Jets added another addition at wide receiver during today's practice. The "new guy" was wearing No. 83. It was Danny Woodhead, who now has a new role with New York. "It all kind of happened so fast," Woodhead said with a smile. "I got a call from my running backs coach Anthony Lynn yesterday, he told me they're going to try me out there. I said I'm here to do whatever the coaches want me to do. This is not a 'me' thing. Any way I can help us out, I'm going to help us out." With Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) and Brad Smith (quadriceps) not practicing again today, Rex Ryan spoke on Woodhead playing wide receiver; "I think we're looking at him as our best option right now, if our receivers say down. There's a chance Jerricho and Brad both don't play Sunday, so he could be a slot receiver," Ryan said. "Sometimes you stumble into it, but he did a great job being Wes Welker when we were preparing for New England. When we put him in the slot, he was very tough, he really was." Ryan also confirmed what many observers were thinking when trying to see where Woodhead would fit in a backfield with Thomas Jones, Leon Washington and third-round rookie Shonn Greene. "We've got three really good tailbacks," the coach said, "so I think when you look at that, maybe his best shot might be to learn receiver. He might be one of those jack-of-all-trade guys who becomes really valuable that way."

Woodhead said he's ready to roll Sunday. "It's fun. Playing's fun," said the former Chadron State running back, who was known for his then-record 7,871 career rushing yards but also had excellent career receiving numbers (119 catches, 1,388 yards, 11.7 avg., eight TDs in 44 games). "I'm honestly comfortable catching the ball. It's not something I haven't done before." As for his 5'9", 195-pound size, some thought it was too small for an NFL running back and perhaps those same folks think it's too small to be an effective pro wideout. But to those skeptics, Woodhead can only shrug. "People are going to say that," he said. "That's been the story my whole life. I'm too small for pretty much everything." Except carving out a pro career day by day, position by position, with the Jets.

By the way, Welker is listed at 5'9", 185.

Woodhead.jpg

...a poor man's Wes Welker... a "Wayne-Clone"... or just simply a preseason flash-in-the-pan? Look's as though we'll find out Sunday.

Edited by Beezer34

• 2 weeks later...

alg_lupica_sanchez_ryan.jpg

----~Beezer's Augury (on the Jets season come January 3rd, 2010) -- PUMP YOUR BRAKES NYJ, IT'S OVER! stop.gif

*Jaguars - Who the hell has this team beaten? Tennessee & St. Louis!? Even Seattle spanked them. Off the Bye, Jets beat Jacksonville by 10+. --JETS WIN (5-4)

*Patriots - We lose this game... pure & simple. BB is not going to go down 3x in-a-row. (which is what it would be, if the Jets beat New England) --JETS LOSE (5-5)

*Panthers - This should be an easy victory, (especially @ home) but Carolina will find a way to make it interesting. Jets squeak out a win, 28-24. --JETS WIN (6-5)

*Bills - Homefield advantage shouldnt be a factor played in Toronto. (the SkyDome only holds 49 thousand in attendance) Jets get their revenge. --JETS WIN (7-5)

*Buc's - Revisit that Oakland game a few weeks back for the outcome to this one. Jets will sh!t on Tampa Bay.... consider this a 2nd Bye`Week. --JETS WIN (8-5)

*Falcons - I'm sensing the love-fest will continue through Atlanta. Christmas comes 5 days early for Jets fans as the winning streak extends to 4 --JETS WIN (9-5)

*Colts - Indy brings Gang Green back down to earth. NO WAY IN HELL does Sanchez outshines Peyton (in Indianapolis no less) for this game. --JETS LOSE (9-6)

*Bengals - Jets close out the season, the same way they closed out last season.... with 2 back-to-back loses. Cincinnati is just a better squad. --JETS LOSE (9-7)

I'm sticking with my 9-7 prediction for the 2009 season. This team could do great things, but they're not winning a Superbowl this year. 9-7 might even be enough for them to make the playoffs, who knows.

Edited by Beezer34

IT'S PANIC TIME GANG GREEN BRTOHERS.. No fvcking way we should have lost today. 21 points GIVEN to mia. I hate to say it, but we aren't gonna make no playoffs. We played and Sanchez played, well enough to win. Our special teams sucked major donkey dick. Mayb Bart Scott can stoop running his fvckking mought and wake the fvck up. I was suppposed to go to the game, good thing i didn't, i was so pissed off and aggravated i would have punched someone.

IT'S PANIC TIME GANG GREEN BRTOHERS.. No fvcking way we should have lost today. 21 points GIVEN to mia. I hate to say it, but we aren't gonna make no playoffs.

...the failure(s) of this season, lies between the 3 games against Miami & Buffalo. All 3 loses were against Division teams... all 3 loses were heartbreakingly lost, within the final seconds of the game... all 3 loses were of less then 6 points. (-Miami'1: 4 Points, -Miami'2: 5 Points, -Bills: 3 Points) Does a healthy Jets team still lose all 3 games? A Jets team were Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith, Kris Jenkins, Leon Washington, Donlad Strickland, Lito Sheppard, (say when) are all playing @ 100%, and Gang Green's flying on all four cylinders? Probably not. But again, like I've been saying... that's football.

The only way this season can be saved going forward, is if the Jets beat all the teams they're supposed to beat. (Tampa, Seattle, Bills) AND if the Jets snag a surprise win or two... in a Week where they're supposed to lose. (Patriots, Colts, Bengals) AND if the Patriots sh!t the bed, and lose a game or two against a team that they're supposed to win... AND if the Jets can beat New England in the rematch. Lot if "ifs" -&- "ands" there isn't there? :blink: -lol. nah, not this year fella's. No way do the stars begin to line up, and everything suddenly break right for the Jets. (after half a season of bad luck)

No worse than 8-8... no better than 9-7. I'd be shocked with anything else.

...the failure(s) of this season, lies between the 3 games against Miami & Buffalo. All 3 loses were against Division teams... all 3 loses were heartbreakingly lost, within the final seconds of the game... all 3 loses were of less then 6 points. (-Miami'1: 4 Points, -Miami'2: 5 Points, -Bills: 3 Points) Does a healthy Jets team still lose all 3 games? A Jets team were Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith, Kris Jenkins, Leon Washington, Donlad Strickland, Lito Sheppard, (say when) are all playing @ 100%, and Gang Green's flying on all four cylinders? Probably not. But again, like I've been saying... that's football.

The only way this season can be saved going forward, is if the Jets beat all the teams they're supposed to beat. (Tampa, Seattle, Bills) AND if the Jets snag a surprise win or two... in a Week where they're supposed to lose. (Patriots, Colts, Bengals) AND if the Patriots sh!t the bed, and lose a game or two against a team that they're supposed to win... AND if the Jets can beat New England in the rematch. Lot if "ifs" -&- "ands" there isn't there? :blink: -lol. nah, not this year fella's. No way do the stars begin to line up, and everything suddenly break right for the Jets. (after half a season of bad luck)

No worse than 8-8... no better than 9-7. I'd be shocked with anything else.

hey who thought we'd be swept by the fish? We're due for the ball to bounce our way once...maybe we'll go into NE and win. And I personally think the Colts and Bengals are a bit overrated. Plus the Colts by the time they play us may be on cruise control. They're known to take the pedal off the metal late in the season. Also I don't see Cincy beating Baltimore and Pittsburgh again. They also have to deal with SD and Minnesota...and us which won't be easy.

Edited by '7'

My sister-in-law works at 1800FLOWERS. And she can indeed confirm the "chocolate and flowers" peace offering made by Francessa FIRST. I'm scanning the invoice now. Will upload it tonight after te Jets game.

Edited by Beezer34

Heh, I read that Mark Sanchez gets "pumped" during pre-games by listening to James Taylor and other "soft" rock.

I like the Jets, so Im not hating, but I find that kinda funny. However, it is a bit better than the stereotypical Metallica or rap music that most are probably listening to, and at least its not Big and Rich or some other country sh!t (Big and Rich are the reason I cant watch College Gameday anymore).

Man, that final throw against Miami pissed me off.

*Week 5. vs Miami — Jets lose by 4 points in final 3 seconds of the game.

*Week 6. vs Buffalo — Jets lose by 3 points in overtime.

*Week 8. vs Miami — Jets lose by 5 points in final 4 seconds of the game.

*Week 10. vs Jaguars — Jets lose by 2 points in final 2 seconds of the game.

*Week 15. vs Atlanta — Jets lose by 3 points with 1 minute left in the game.

...all 5 games, the Jets had the lead.. all 5 games they let it slip away. All 5 games lost in heartbreaking fashion.

I keep telling myself, this team could easily be 7-2 if that ONE PLAY that was needed to be made in all 5 games, was made. Sadly, that never came to be. You yawn, and roll your eyes during each postgame when you hear RR sound off about "timely plays" & "executing"...but at the end of the day, THAT'S what decides games. All 5 games lost by 1 play, in the closing minute and\or seconds. Atrocious! Absolutely Atrocious. RIP 2009 Season. You will not be missed. smiley-gen003.gif

Edited by Beezer34

Im so upset by this fvcking team its unbelievable. I had a hockey game, and went to play, listening to most of the Jets game on the radio while playing at the rink. I honestly think i may have broken my hand, after that horsesh!t game, i have never punched the boards or anything as hard as i did today. I'm sick of these bullsh!t excuses, about a rookie qb (WHY ON THE FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME THROW AND INT? AAAAAGHHH) and a rookie coach who have made bad descisions that may have cost us game, WE JUST AREN'T THAT GOOD! SO fvck YOU, YOU PIECE OF sh!t ORGANIZATION, STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR IMAGE AND WORRY ABOUT THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD.

as you can tell im pissed..