The Zach Parise and Ilya Kovalchuk appreciation thread (trying somethi

caron14

Since we are all pissed off of not winning a freaking game, i think we should dump our frustrations by telling our appreciation of Parise and Kovalchuk.

Parise; Captain of the 2012 devils hockey team. He opt for free agency after telling everybody he would resign....

Kovalchuk: «im a Devils for life» was said in the press conference that announced is 17 years  deal... after a summer of bullsh!t, he sign for 15 years and we lost our 1 round pick this year. During lockout he had fun in Russia. He leaves the nhl this summer to joins KHL... So the devils lost is superstar and a 1 round pick for that russian enigma....

Who you blame the most? what you think about those guys? Let know your frustrations before saturday's game...

Maybe trashtalking those two could help us win games... (Anyways we have to try something)

I blame Kovy for Parise not resigning..Not because of the money, but because of the icetime and catering to kovalchuk that was going on. I miss Parise. Most successful captain in Devils history (bring on the hate)

WTF? Parise most succesful captain???????????? Scotts stevens Win 3 stanley cup!

But parise compared with salvador is uncomparable...

im starting to believe salvador is really the worst captain that ever play the game.

I miss Parise's passion and when Kovalchuk had the fire in his eyes.

I don't see that coming out of a single player on this roster except for maybe (and supposedly) Schnieder behind closed doors.

Everyone right now is either too old to care or too much suck to even bother raising their voice.

I still blame Lou for not trading Zach when he signed that one year deal. We could have gotten some nice pieces from Minny for him. Instead he walked for nothing. I get that we made a cup run that year and he played a role in that, but I still think asset management is important especially looking at us now.

I'm actually not that upset with Kovy anymore though. He wasn't the Kovy he was with Atlanta and we were going to be stuck with him for a long time. We didn't really lose that much with him leaving. It's the rejected contract that screwed us. I guess we can pin that one on Vanderbeek. 

Either way I feel no need to show appreciation for either of them when guys like Elias and Brodeur have chosen us time and time again. 

How can people be upset with Kovalchuk?

He isn't as good as ZP9(11), was on the wrong side of 30 and has back issues. Him leaving was a blessing in disguise as far as I can tell.  Lou smartly let him walk as it was a smart decision fiscally and provided us with more flexibility.  

Parise on the other hand chose another team even though we gave him a competitive offer.  That's a pretty big slap in the face

I still blame Lou for not trading Zach when he signed that one year deal. We could have gotten some nice pieces from Minny for him. Instead he walked for nothing. I get that we made a cup run that year and he played a role in that, but I still think asset management is important especially looking at us now.

I'm actually not that upset with Kovy anymore though. He wasn't the Kovy he was with Atlanta and we were going to be stuck with him for a long time. We didn't really lose that much with him leaving. It's the rejected contract that screwed us. I guess we can pin that one on Vanderbeek. 

Either way I feel no need to show appreciation for either of them when guys like Elias and Brodeur have chosen us time and time again. 

Sounds like something SD would or already has said.

IDK about you, but this is a lot of could of, should of, would of.

How can people be upset with Kovalchuk?

He isn't as good as ZP9(11), was on the wrong side of 30 and has back issues. Him leaving was a blessing in disguise as far as I can tell.  Lou smartly let him walk as it was a smart decision fiscally and provided us with more flexibility.  

Parise on the other hand chose another team even though we gave him a competitive offer.  That's a pretty big slap in the face

Isn't Kovy 30 now?

Yes. He turned 30 in April

So I would say we got what was probably the best he had left and retired thus not having to deal with a huge cap recapture penalty and/or bad contract.  It's a blessing he left.  The only thing that screwed us over was next round's pick was taken away but that is on JVB and Lou (because he didn't give it up in 2012).

I blame Kovy for Parise not resigning..Not because of the money, but because of the icetime and catering to kovalchuk that was going on. I miss Parise. Most successful captain in Devils history (bring on the hate)

This is a common point raised in the media and some of these forums, and it seems like a total bunch of BS. Although, many people think the attention and money did have a part in it. Parise left because he wanted to go home. Not much more to it.

Parise had the most success with the Devils in 2012 with Kovalchuk being the best offensive weapon. They were just coming off a Stanley Cup Final appearance, and Parise is thinking to himself...boy I really liked the Devils when they didn't have Kovalchuk playing 23-24 min a night, and insert 4th-liner was getting an extra 2-3 min of ice-time. I also wish that Andy Greene was getting more of a chance on the 2nd PP unit instead of Kovy. I mean sure Kovalchuk just finished 5th in scoring in the NHL and was the top scorer for our team in the playoffs, and sure the Devils are offering me a fvcking fortune, and I am the captain, but it bugs me so much how they cater to Kovy. So I'm leaving...

• Like 1

Sounds like something SD would or already has said.

IDK about you, but this is a lot of could of, should of, would of.

Isn't Kovy 30 now?

Maybe, but those Minny owners were dead set on getting Zach. I know there's no way of knowing what they would have given up but I think it would have been pretty significant. With Zach already there Suter would have been a lock. I just think losing all of these players to free agency without getting anything back has helped put us in this position. And looking into the future there's not much anybody can do about it but hope we can sign some good free agents. What do we have that's really trade-able at this point?