2013 Jets Thread

NJDevs4978

Agree, they haven't quit on Rex yet, but I maintain that he needs to reinvent himself.  The Jets can't still consider beating the Pats on their turf in the playoffs under Rex some kind of major highlight, especially since, in recent seasons, that hasn't exactly been that hard of an accomplishment, as the Ravens have done it twice. 

It was an accomplishment, considering that Patriot team, at that moment in time was playing better and more dominant than any Patriots team in football. Better than the 18-0 team in the super bowl which was sputtering. They looked very shaky and could've easily lost to the Chargers or Giants in week 16.

The 2010 team had won 8 in a row, scored 31 or more points 8 games in a row, and outscored opponents 184-47 in the past 5 weeks. They were about as dominant going into that game as any team in NFL history. Brady hadn't thrown a pick in 11 weeks.

It was an accomplishment, considering that Patriot team, at that moment in time was playing better and more dominant than any Patriots team in football. Better than the 18-0 team in the super bowl which was sputtering. They looked very shaky and could've easily lost to the Chargers or Giants in week 16.

The 2010 team had won 8 in a row, scored 31 or more points 8 games in a row, and outscored opponents 184-47 in the past 5 weeks. They were about as dominant going into that game as any team in NFL history. Brady hadn't thrown a pick in 11 weeks.

Patriots have been a high-scoring offense in the REGULAR season for many seasons now, and part of that is because they fatten up on overmatched regular-season opponents.  Come playoff time, teams have found ways to shut down Brady and Co.  If the Jets had been the only team to do that, I'd consider that a much more impressive feat.  But we've seen the Giants do it twice in the Super Bowl and, the Ravens do it twice in the playoffs and in Foxborough to boot, and they almost did it a third time.  It's like I've said before, Brady's Patriots have become Manning's Colts.  Regular-season bullies who disappear come playoff time.   

Patriots have been a high-scoring offense in the REGULAR season for many seasons now, and part of that is because they fatten up on overmatched regular-season opponents.  Come playoff time, teams have found ways to shut down Brady and Co.  If the Jets had been the only team to do that, I'd consider that a much more impressive feat.  But we've seen the Giants do it twice in the Super Bowl and, the Ravens do it twice in the playoffs and in Foxborough to boot, and they almost did it a third time.  It's like I've said before, Brady's Patriots have become Manning's Colts.  Regular-season bullies who disappear come playoff time.   

AT TIMES, teams find a way to shut the Pats offense down in the playoffs.  They destroyed the Texans this year.  Destroyed the Broncos last year, and put up above average point totals against the Ravens and Giants, just low by Patriots standards. 

The Patriots are an elite team and especially an elite offense until proven otherwise.  Beating the Patriots is an accomplishment for any team.  In fact, when you think about it, a Patriots loss, be it in the regular season or postseason, is a big story in and of itself. 

Agree. That game stands out in Jets history NOT for what we did as some accomplishment.. but what we prevented New England from doing, and that's winning a Superbowl. (which they absolutely would have in 2010) That was a 14-2 juggernaut of a Patriot team that would've went all the way. It was arguably Brady's best season of his career. He threw for 4,000 yrds.. nearly 40 TD's, and only 4 picks all year. --that's as close to perfect as you can get for a QB.

Both Brady & Belicheat actually have been quoted saying how; that loss against the Jets hurt as bad as One Giant Loss.

AT TIMES, teams find a way to shut the Pats offense down in the playoffs.  They destroyed the Texans this year.  Destroyed the Broncos last year, and put up above average point totals against the Ravens and Giants, just low by Patriots standards. 

The Patriots are an elite team and especially an elite offense until proven otherwise.  Beating the Patriots is an accomplishment for any team.  In fact, when you think about it, a Patriots loss, be it in the regular season or postseason, is a big story in and of itself. 

Regular season, yeah, they're almost guaranteed to put up 30+ in most games.  Elite for sure.

Playoffs, different story.  The OVERALL performance in the playoffs since One Giant Loss has been up-and-down.  Broncos and Texans were ripe to be squelched by the Patriots...those were tailor-made matchups for them. 

Beezer loves to point this out, but he's got a point...for all of the regular season-gaudiness, the Patriots recent playoff record has not matched up.  3-4 since One Giant Loss, with three of the losses at home in games where they were favored.  In 5 out of their last 9 playoff games, they've been held to 23 points or less.  For a team that has scored over 500 points four times in the last six seasons, that is pretty bad. 

Little Schott is a bottom 10 Coordinator and there's probably a better than 75% chance he's out of football after 2013. That or back relegated to offensive assistant somewhere

Not likely.    More likely he helps get the Rams in the playoffs next year and allows Bradford to evolve as top 10 QB.    Once St. Louis understood the offense they were a very competitive team down the stretch.   

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147022/article/why-tim-tebow-shouldnt-be-cut-by-the-new-york-jets

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2013/03/marty-mornhinweg-says-that-mark-sanchez-will-probably-have-just-a-little-bit-of-a-leg-u

..alot of buzz as of late that's suggesting Tebow will remain with the Jets.

Could be lip-service, but I suspect these quotes to have some merrit. Woody runs this team.. and Woody loves Tebow.

Revis update:  Worse than I imagined

Bucs management is "fully on board" with dealing for Revis, but the Tampa GM is only willing to part with a 2013 second-rounder or 2014 first-rounder.

And that's why the trade hasn't been made. But you can't expect the best offer to be the first offer either

From I have read, most teams realize how desperate the Jets are to unload Revis, not too many teams want "the baggage" that comes with him, especially after last years injury, and the teams that were interested have moved on. Don't see them getting anything greater than this.

Goodson is a career backup on losing teams. Jets will only be able to attract this low end option, considering Rex is done after this year.

That's not the whole story and you know it.  Fact is the market being flooded with other CB's like Asomugha, etc is also driving the Revis price down.  If there are other decent options where you only have to pay money as opposed to paying a lot more money and high pick(s) for a premium, most teams will opt for the former.  Once those other guys come off the market then you'll see a couple of teams who missed out on the B options get desperate to overpay for the A option.

I don't see why the Jets can't just hold onto him for the first few weeks, then trade him before the deadline once he proves he's healthy and elite again and after some other teams start losing guys though.  Unless they're that afraid he won't be what he was.  I'm just sick and tired of us always having to trade our talented players.  Hugh Douglas, John Abraham, Keyshawn, Vilma, now Revis.

Edited by NJDevs4978

What a lukewarm response by Woody Johnson on keeping Revis at the GM Meetings.

And you expected what? They are trying to trade him, you can't come out and say that nor can you say YES HE'LL BE A JET FOREVER because that's not looking like the case. Woody's comments were fine

What a lukewarm response by Woody Johnson on keeping Revis at the GM Meetings.

It was interesting hearing the new GM speak in Arizona yesterday regarding some of the roster moves thus-far.

Idzik said he felt Willie Colon's backside

**Sunday, 8-25-13. Report; Recently released Giants LB Curry reportedly will be brought in by the Jets tomorrow for a tryout.**

awareness was identical to Moore's. He praised Antonio Garay's momentum pressing opponents OL.. and compared his "contact with QB after the throw" to that of Pouha. He also said Mike Goodson's "1st downs per touch" equaled Greene & Kellers. (so essentially, one player fills the void of two?) Now I'd gather that the Barnes is set to replace Pace.

I want to believe Idzik's just selling the fans a bunch of sh!t here, (particularly when he plugs Tebow) but the statistics he's using to gauge players demonstrates sabermetrics. Backside awareness? OL contact? 1st downs per touch?? These are more analytical evaluations than just: *sacks, *yards, *TD's, etc.

..I don't know if Goodson, Colon, Barnes, & Garay can just step in and fill the gaps seamlessly. However.. I can't say I disagree with Idzik playing moneyball on a team\roster that the previous General Manager completely wiped his ass with.

Edited by Beezer34