Prust suspended for Game 4

ghdi

For the last 5 years while Lundqvist has been making the Devils his own personal fvcktoy, I've been begging and pleading for someone to put a knee in his fvcking ear. No one ever does. I have no idea why.

Because Devils don't play cheap hockey. He's doing nothing wrong, nothing stupid. People who run at Brodeur are weak untalented schmucks who don't deserve to win. Why should we ask anyone on the Devils to do the same?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prediction: 1 game for Prusty. Rightfully deserved, in my opinion. No injury on the play (for some stupid reason this takes precedent. It should be the INTENT not the actual injury or not), no past history. I don't think he'll get any more.

Glad Volch is okay.

Yep- 1 game for Prust.

Because Devils don't play cheap hockey. He's doing nothing wrong, nothing stupid. People who run at Brodeur are weak untalented schmucks who don't deserve to win. Why should we ask anyone on the Devils to do the same?

Because I hate Lundqvist and I'm frustrated. :P

Tortorella is a sociopath.

He's just confused. Being outraged is getting to be a bad habit with that guy - it was apt when he went nuts about the Pens, but if there;s no truth behind it he seems really weak.

That's why I really don't care for him. I think he knows hockey and he loves the game... but he just can't maintain control - when the game frustrates him and he sees his team getting outplayed he lashes out to the point of absurdity.

Because I hate Lundqvist and I'm frustrated. :P

Fair enough :evil:

All the NYR fans who are complaining of there being a conspiracy against them are completely brain dead. You must have gone full-retard if you think the league is not pleasuring themselves looking at a potential LA-NY SCF.

Seriously, they're starting with the conspiracy theories again because Prust got 1 game? Yeah, because the key to beating the Rangers is taking Brandon Prust out of the lineup. I mean, are you kidding me?

Seriously, they're starting with the conspiracy theories again because Prust got 1 game? Yeah, because the key to beating the Rangers is taking Brandon Prust out of the lineup. I mean, are you kidding me?

That, and the Devils 'finally' got the advantage in power plays in Game 3. Not that we did **** with it, but yeah I guess they expect to get more power plays every game when they get dominated for 40-50 minutes. **** them :rolleyes:

We can all rest easy now knowing we won't have to face the juggernaut that is Brandon Prust next game.

:lol: But seriously, at this point, I'll take any help I can get. Besides, I'm looking forward to Torts head exploding when he's asked about it in the next presser.

Torts defends this kind of crap, no surprise but yeah. Physical play is one thing but the Rangers go over the top a lot trying to get a rise out of their fans. If they can't do it legally, they'll play dirty to get it. It's all about ego on that team and has been for quite a while.

I want to say this definitely deserves a game because the intent was so obvious, but after the Weber incident, you never know.

The elbow when taken by itself warrants a 1-game vacation. When you compare the incident to other incidents and consider what Shanahan has done in the past, he should have just been sent to bed without any dessert.

All the NYR fans who are complaining of there being a conspiracy against them are completely brain dead. You must have gone full-retard if you think the league is not pleasuring themselves looking at a potential LA-NY SCF.

You complaining that the league wants LA-NYR in the finals is just as dumb as the Rangers fans whining about a conspiracy.

You complaining that the league wants LA-NYR in the finals is just as dumb as the Rangers fans whining about a conspiracy.

Not even close because it isn't dumb in the slightest. You mean to tell me Bettman would prefer to have the 'two best teams' - which very well could be NJ-PHO - than LA-NYR who are a good draw based on name alone?

Not even close because it isn't dumb in the slightest. You mean to tell me Bettman would prefer to have the 'two best teams' - which very well could be NJ-PHO - than LA-NYR who are a good draw based on name alone?

Bettman might, don't know for sure as I haven't asked him. Frankly, he is trying to save the franchise in Phoenix, so I could see him WANTING Phoenix to win it all. Are you saying the Rangers are up 2-1 and the Kings 3-1 because of some conspiracy? If you really believe that, you should stop watching the NHL. If there was some kind of fix, don't you think they would have made sure the first two series didnt go 7 games?

Sorry, but it is just as dumb.

Nothing is fixed. That's just fan paranoia. But there is no doubt that the NHL and, more importantly, NBC, want a Rangers-Kings Stanley Cup final as it draws from the 2 biggest TV markets in the country, with both teams having a huge number of bandwagon fans that that normally don't watch more than 10 minutes of hockey a year, that will be glued to the TV during that series (something the Devils and Coyotes clearly don't have).

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Nothing is fixed. That's just fan paranoia. But there is no doubt that the NHL and, more importantly, NBC, want a Rangers-Kings Stanley Cup final as it draws from the 2 biggest TV markets in the country, with both teams having a huge number of bandwagon fans that that normally don't watch more than 10 minutes of hockey a year, that will be glued to the TV during that series (something the Devils and Coyotes clearly don't have).

Exactly. If NBC has the power to decide who is to be in the Winter Classic, then based off of their selection of only original 6 teams and large market teams, it is pretty safe to at least assume they would deep down prefer a Kings-Rags final than a Phoenix-NJ final.

Man, Torts just needs to STFU. He whines like this every year, every series. He is the boy who cried wolf. It is funny, thought, that he claims the Devils are the dirty team yet it is his player that was deemed to have acted over the line by the league. How does that reconcile Torts? Let the play on the ice speak for itself. I really hate loudmouth coaches: Torts, Ryan, etc.

Bettman might, don't know for sure as I haven't asked him. Frankly, he is trying to save the franchise in Phoenix, so I could see him WANTING Phoenix to win it all. Are you saying the Rangers are up 2-1 and the Kings 3-1 because of some conspiracy? If you really believe that, you should stop watching the NHL. If there was some kind of fix, don't you think they would have made sure the first two series didnt go 7 games?

Sorry, but it is just as dumb.

No, I am not saying the Kings and Rangers are up because of a conspiracy. It is a counter to the Ranger fans all over social media claiming there is some sort of fix against the Rangers. Nothing is fixed. Using common sense, the league would not be against having the biggest media market in the world out of the SCF. To say they are being black balled is preposterous.

No, I am not saying the Kings and Rangers are up because of a conspiracy. It is a counter to the Ranger fans all over social media claiming there is some sort of fix against the Rangers. Nothing is fixed. Using common sense, the league would not be against having the biggest media market in the world out of the SCF. To say they are being black balled is preposterous.

yeah, no kidding. I am NOT one of this conspiracy theorists. Would it be better for ratings for the Rangers to be in it? Of course. But if that really had any impact on it, why wouldn't the league conspire to get them to at least the conference finals every year? Rangers fans on facebook and other sites are just as fickle as other teams fans. Prust gets suspended and it is an anti-ranger bias. Prust only gets 1 game, it is because the league wants the rangers in the SCF. Is there a "star" bias? I think so. Hence why Weber wasn't suspended for pretending the boards were a turnbuckle and why Ovechkin got nothing for his shot on boyle, not even a fine. At one point, I had over 2000 friends on facebook because I made the mistake of joining a few Rangers and Giants groups, accepting requests from people in those groups. Finally, I realized most people are just stupid so I deleted anyone I didn't know personally. I can deal with stupidity on a message board.

Edited by Matteau#32

re: ratings. Yes, Having the Rangers in the finals will drive the numbers but LA is NOT a good hockey TV ratings market. It's a big media market, but not a hockey market. LA (and quite possibly NY should that come to pass) won't touch Boston's numbers last year.

re: ratings. Yes, Having the Rangers in the finals will drive the numbers but LA is NOT a good hockey TV ratings market. It's a big media market, but not a hockey market. LA (and quite possibly NY should that come to pass) won't touch Boston's numbers last year.

Add to that the fact that all Boston sports teams have an extreme bandwagon component and that's even more true. (Everyone watches regardless of how much or little they care about any of the teams)

yeah, it is definitely not. Part of it, is weeknight cup games will begin at 5 which doesn't help. I am sure though, Bettman and his Yes men are seeing it as untapped potential. With the Clippers now out, the Lakers about to get knocked out, the Dodgers are doing real well, but still early, they see it as a chance to create some new fans.