David Clarkson Autograph Signing

mac760

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone wants pucks for Clarkson to sign, LMK and i'll bring them for you for $5.00 each!

The puck style i have still available is the one on the LEFT side of the picture in my marketplace ad here: (the pucks are the 4th item for sale, scroll down)

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41174

Email me if you are going and want one and that way i know how many to bring. I will only have email access to about 4:30 today off and on and i'll get back to you as fast as i can. I'll be at the signing around 5:45-6PM tonight.

Ken

Edited by SJP20

My wife and I had a great time at the Clarkson signing. Lots of people there (lol I saw a girl in a Mrs. Parise jersey, my wife got a kick out of that).

ThreeCups hooked me up with a 16x20 that was awesome and ThreeCups is a really cool guy.

Clarkson was so nice, shook our hands. I told him we appreciate his effort and to keep it up.

Great night!

[i was the guy in the red/green Brodeur #29 jersey. :P

Too funny. I was standing in front of you in a suit and tie the entire time!

Holy...are you serious? LOL! Damn, that's too funny. Well, look at it this way, next time you know who i am so i'm not a stranger anymore :P

Matt and i were even asking each other, do you who Paul is? Matt was towards the front of the line with the Clarkson stick.

Holy...are you serious? LOL! Damn, that's too funny. Well, look at it this way, next time you know who i am so i'm not a stranger anymore :P

Matt and i were even asking each other, do you who Paul is? Matt was towards the front of the line with the Clarkson stick.

Too funny. I was eying your Brodeur jersey half the time - that thing is sweet. I think I saw Matt as well.

Ah well - will be easy to find you guys at the expo!

It was a great signing - Clarkson was a real friendly guy, even after signing for more than an hour.

And way to see the NJD fans show up on a Thursday night!

unknown poster! Lovely meeting you! Hopefully I'll see you at the Draft day if they have it!

And yeah I saw the Mrs. Parise girl... I had a good laugh at that as well.

Too funny. I was eying your Brodeur jersey half the time - that thing is sweet. I think I saw Matt as well.

Ah well - will be easy to find you guys at the expo!

It was a great signing - Clarkson was a real friendly guy, even after signing for more than an hour.

And way to see the NJD fans show up on a Thursday night!

Definetly. I'm still laughing that it was you there all along! That jersey took me forever to complete. I had to find the exact CCM jersey from the year with the red/green CCM hem, then find a 10th patch which i found on eBay, add the 75th, and then find a name/number kit that was close or the exact same. It took about 2 years. Great to hear you're going to the Expo, it's a fun day (don't let any drama you see/hear make you think other) and you'll have all of us to hang with so you won't feel like a stranger at all.

SPJ20 - We were across from you and ThreeCups pointed you out and my wife and I remember you from sitting in 216 row 1, where our seats are. Sweet jersey by the way! Its a small world!

Thanks! Great to see you guys came out. Hopefully, i can buy those seats again next year from my friend this time for the full season or at least 10-20 more games. I miss having to yell at the ushers and fans blocking my view lol

unknown poster! Lovely meeting you! Hopefully I'll see you at the Draft day if they have it!

Cupcake! Great meeting you! Matt spoke highly of you and said you'd be there and i was excited to meet the cupcake girl! Yep, i'll be at Draft Day hopefully feeding my obsession for game worn stuff along with my fellow addicts and pissing off our wives all at the same time :P

Cupcake! Great meeting you! Matt spoke highly of you and said you'd be there and i was excited to meet the cupcake girl! Yep, i'll be at Draft Day hopefully feeding my obsession for game worn stuff along with my fellow addicts and pissing off our wives all at the same time :P

Awwww... he spoke highly of me?! Quality. I'll be at the door for Draft Day extra early to jump in the pile of sticks. I will come out with a Clarkson and Parise for myself if it kills me. :D

Thanks! Great to see you guys came out. Hopefully, i can buy those seats again next year from my friend this time for the full season or at least 10-20 more games. I miss having to yell at the ushers and fans blocking my view lol

LOL thats the best part! Yelling over and over again at the ushers! They did put up a rope to keep people from walking over there but sometimes, its there, sometimes it isn't.

Yeah you should definitely sit there for next season. We have a great group in the first two rows!

Hopefully I can make the Expo to this year. Would love to go!

Awwww... he spoke highly of me?! Quality. I'll be at the door for Draft Day extra early to jump in the pile of sticks. I will come out with a Clarkson and Parise for myself if it kills me. :D

Yep, now you have two that speak highly of you :P

Haha! That i'd like to see! Don't worry, we'll work together this year to do our part to keep it from being a total zoo again. Then after we're done, let the animals kill each other for the scraps ;)

LOL thats the best part! Yelling over and over again at the ushers! They did put up a rope to keep people from walking over there but sometimes, its there, sometimes it isn't.

Yeah you should definitely sit there for next season. We have a great group in the first two rows!

Hopefully I can make the Expo to this year. Would love to go!

Now they put a rope across....hell, how long did that take them? lol

Yeah, i would prefer to go back to 216, no doubt. If not those same seats, then somewhere else in that section. You guys were fun. Although we had the $10 opposing team walkup fans, it wa still fun other then that one Sabres game we were at (with the "parrot" girl who repeated everything her b'f said with YEAHHH in front of it). Sitting downstairs, we felt we were missing something. It's nice, but it didn't feel the same. It was a small world. George who sat at the end of our row, my wife and i have known for a long time and he was a customer of mine. Seeing him there was pretty cool as well.

If you need any Expo info or anything, feel free to email me anytime. It's the gateway drug to the hobby ;)

Now they put a rope across....hell, how long did that take them? lol

Yeah, i would prefer to go back to 216, no doubt. If not those same seats, then somewhere else in that section. You guys were fun. Although we had the $10 opposing team walkup fans, it wa still fun other then that one Sabres game we were at (with the "parrot" girl who repeated everything her b'f said with YEAHHH in front of it). Sitting downstairs, we felt we were missing something. It's nice, but it didn't feel the same. It was a small world. George who sat at the end of our row, my wife and i have known for a long time and he was a customer of mine. Seeing him there was pretty cool as well.

If you need any Expo info or anything, feel free to email me anytime. It's the gateway drug to the hobby ;)

We have become very close to George and his family. We go out to their house to have dinner and watch games. What a hockey room he has in house. They are very good people. Yeah I really enjoy it over there.

Thanks, I will probably need info as it is closer. I have a few game worns. Peter McNab, Lukowich, Souray, White. But would love to add a jersey this summer!

Yep, now you have two that speak highly of you :P

Haha! That i'd like to see! Don't worry, we'll work together this year to do our part to keep it from being a total zoo again. Then after we're done, let the animals kill each other for the scraps ;)

I was near you when that dick pushed you or whatever happened and the helmets flew everywhere. That was a fiasco! No repeats this year hopefully...

I was near you when that dick pushed you or whatever happened and the helmets flew everywhere. That was a fiasco! No repeats this year hopefully...

It was that kid in the white t-shirt, glasses and Devils hat, becuase that's the one i thought it was, Scott from the Devils on the floor confirmed it and wound up tossing him when that fiasco was finally sorted out. If it wasn't him, then oh well. That kid was a dick anyways. That was such a zoo that it was easy to point out the wrong person, but everyone there was pretty certain it was him too. It was a definite cheap shot. I know why he did it too. His buddies came @ 5PM and he tried to get them to cut in line and i told them it wasn''t happening. If it wasn't that kid, then it was one of his buddies.

That was my 1st real, first hand experience about how bad the Devils are when it comes to fan relations and i started going to games in 1984. I can definetly relate to what DaneykoisGod is going through right now.

My experience that day was the reason i wound up going to 216 and then downstairs to finish up. I told them to stick the plan i already had in place up their asses after the run around and overall bad fan relations on their part. When my anger passed, i bought a package in 216 from a friend then another downstairs.

Edited by SJP20

Any cool stories from the meeting? Anyone ask Clarkson about the Avery encounter?

I did. I told him he should have punched Avery in the mouth just for fun besides throwing him around like a ragdoll. He laughed and was like I KNOW! I KNOW! I really should have. And I was like... Avery's such a punk bitch in which he laughed. I then said "You should have punched him. It would have been worth it." He was like "Yeah I know! But I was afraid they would have suspended me." Which is totally true. They would have used him as a poster child and Avery would have been like... Boohoo poor me, it's always me they're trying to start with me. But none the less... Clarkson thought it was really funny when I said Avery was a punk bitch. Hhahahaa

Any cool stories from the meeting? Anyone ask Clarkson about the Avery encounter?

I actually got him to sign a picture which featured him holding Avery by the jersey as he hovers over him, with a linesman trying to break it up. (from the other night.) I then asked him to write something funny at which point he asked "You want me to write to someone?" (he thought I wanted a personalization) I told him "No" and asked him to write an anti-Avery remark, at which he grinned and said he couldn't. I then asked him about the fight with Billy G last night. I told him how I was a big fan of Guerin from when he was on the Devils. Clarkson then said "I'm a big fan of his too, but he came after me." Funny quick minute with #23.

Just got back to PA from the signing. What a fun 6 hour round trip. Clarkson was great and he got excited seeing my stick and loved the photos I had. He personalized the one photo and was asking where I got his stick from since it was his rookie stick. I was going to joke it was in the dumpster, but I dropped the stick on the floor and got embarrassed and it ruined my fun. Clarkson was suprised I drove from Hershey, PA to see him. My wife told him she'd like him better if he was traded to the Hawks, but he was her favourite Devil (I'm sure he hears it a million times, but he is her favourite).

Cupcake was her typical enjoyable self and I got to meet her better half Pete. Good guy. I can't believe they were third/fourth in line. I saw Kelly and her sister and they were very friendly.

I had an extra picture for Souray, but had no idea how to find him once I was there... My mistake.

Paul sorry I didn't see you, but I did some guy in a suit near Ken and his wife. Funny to be that close and still not know each other. I think next time we need to hold up signs like the limo drivers at the airport do. Could be funny. I might've gotten some "interesting" responses if I had a sign that said, "Cupcake" had I not already have known her. I'm sure that some of the responses would not be female.