When is the worm gonna turn?

'7'

Fvck 'Em. Let the Kings have their 1 cup in 2 appearances in 45 years. We had more success than that in our first 20. Lou will make the right decisions. Dump the dead weight and go younger. We'll be a juggernaut next season.

This. I have a feeling the Kings will be a one-hit wonder for many decades.. I also reserve judgment on our players until I see the injury reports after this is over.

This. I have a feeling the Kings will be a one-hit wonder for many decades.. I also reserve judgment on our players until I see the injury reports after this is over.

Even that isn't going to tell the entire story. The fact is, we ran Zach/Kovy/Patty into the ground all year because of having a fourth line of goons playing three minutes a night during the regular season and running up their icetime to levels they'd never been at before and now we're paying the price for it. Really it's amazing they didn't crash before this, they were starting to crash in the last series but so did Lundqvist. Patty's probably been on empty since early in the SECOND round.

No puck luck but thats not it...

What can you expect when your main play and what you go for on each breakout is...

Dump deep... Win a race... Win a a few battles... Get possession... Get the puck to the point... Quickly go in front of the net...Try to get a deflection and beat the goalie...

Against a bigger, faster, smarter, stronger team? Cause really... Thats seriously what they were attempting all game long... Worked twice... And you have to go through way too many things and everything has to go the right way to succeed that way

But thats way too easy for LA to defend, they were covering the passing lane to the point, getting to the puck first, winning battles and were getting the puck out cleanly cause all their guys were always open on the other side since like 3-4 of our players were all bunched together on the boards trying to get the puck... .

Our 4th line did well cause they were often rushing to the net in the middle off their rush, they were not making the same play over and over at least they were trying to go through the middle

Even that isn't going to tell the entire story. The fact is, we ran Zach/Kovy/Patty into the ground all year because of having a fourth line of goons playing three minutes a night during the regular season and running up their icetime to levels they'd never been at before and now we're paying the price for it. Really it's amazing they didn't crash before this, they were starting to crash in the last series but so did Lundqvist. Patty's probably been on empty since early in the SECOND round.

This is a good point. I don't know how many times PDB said he wished for being able to roll 4 lines, and that didn't happen until what--February/March? The media keeps saying our stars need to score, but as you said, it's tough to do when you're spent and injured.

This "no luck" thing is ridiculous. We aren't finishing. That says something about the players.

It's a game of inches. Luck exists. Get on board with this. Nobody is saying that the Kings are a terrible team and are only beating us because of lucky bounces. They are a good team who is up 3-0 partly because of luck.

Edited by iamtheprodigy

It's a game of inches. Luck exists. Get on board with this. Nobody is saying that the Kings are a terrible team and are only beating us because of lucky bounces. They are a good team who is up 3-0 partly because of luck.

Luck exists. You don't go down 3-0 on bad luck. That's just us not choosing to seeany of the stuff that's gone our way.

Edited by ben00rs

If it just comes down to luck though, doesn't that mean we're sunk? Odds of getting the luck four games in a row is. . . what? It can't be good. I'm hoping we have a little more control than that (but then if we do, why haven't we been doing whatever it is we need?).

If it just comes down to luck though, doesn't that mean we're sunk? Odds of getting the luck four games in a row is. . . what? It can't be good. I'm hoping we have a little more control than that (but then if we do, why haven't we been doing whatever it is we need?).

You have to play well enough to eliminate luck as a factor. That means finishing your scoring chances in our case. The Kings are a perfect example of this. They are great at finishing on the scoring chances and bounces they get.

I'll fill in for Triumph here:

Coming back from 3-0 in the SCF has been done once I believe in 1942. The cup has been handed out every year since 1893 so 120 times. 1 out of 120 is .83%. So the Devils have a less than 1% chance of coming back.

I think they'll celebrate the way Boston fans celebrated when Borque won at our expense, just to make themselves feel better about losing to the Devils. They're fvckbags like that.

All of my friends who are Flyers fans are doing this and its really annoying. All I keep hearing about is "Flyers West" from them - weak.

I agree with others in this thread, this isn't over and history is meant to be made. Go Devils!

Yeah let them celebrate their moron GM dumping both like hot trash, and losing in five games of the second round because they let a 37-year old fvckbag run the locker room, and then he gets taken out probably for good after two months.

I just had one of my rangers fan friends try to troll me tonight. He's saying he would rather have lost to us then get swept in the finals. What a fvcking joke. I told him he should be embarrased to call himself a rangers fan. Even mattaeu32 on here would never try to troll that hard. What a fvcking joke.

I just had one of my rangers fan friends try to troll me tonight. He's saying he would rather have lost to us then get swept in the finals. What a fvcking joke. I told him he should be embarrased to call himself a rangers fan. Even mattaeu32 on here would never try to troll that hard. What a fvcking joke.

after 18 years, thats a lie. you always want to win & have a chance at the trophy. its been 9 years for us and I'm happy the Devs made it to the Final.

Sure points are a little inflated nowadays but the Kings beat west seeds 1, 2, 3 and if we lose it will be the 3rd 100 point team they've beaten.

So I won't say it's all luck for them. Marty's kryptonite of playoff-OT was the worm that I'd thought would turn, but it did not...

No shame in what the Devs have done this year. FFS, We're playing in June. Eastern Conference Champs !

I totally agree with this thread. We have not gotten 1 SINGLE BOUNCE this series. Wathcing that 5 - 3 powerplay last night. . . the chances we had and didnt score??? I told my son we are in trouble (when we didnt get the bounces there). I still think we can make a series about it but we ned to make some of our own luck here too. By that I mean we have had a lot of the better play especially in games 1 and 2 and even for stretches last night. Now its time to make a few needed changes. Sykora comes in and Kovy sits. He has been REALLY BAD this series. Obviously he is hurting but he needs to sit for now. Larsson in and Harrold or Zidlicky comes out 1 or the other. . . We need to change it up a bit. I also limit Clarkson's ice time he has been BAD this series as well. . .

Parise needs to step up as the Captain and get it done now. 4 shots last night but he needs to BURY 1!!!

Go Devils 1 game at a time!!! We cannot get swept by this team show something here!!

Edited by PaDevsFan

My opinion is you work hard and you get luck. YOu are in the right position, you get your stick in the right position and things happen. How many sticks has Kopitar had on blocked shots, or just disrupting our play. How many times has Kopitar been in the right position.

Coming back from 3-0 in the SCF has been done once I believe in 1942. The cup has been handed out every year since 1893 so 120 times. 1 out of 120 is .83%. So the Devils have a less than 1% chance of coming back.

So the Devils have a chance? Okay, I'll run with that. If the chances are better than winning the lottery I figure we are good to go.

And if Triumph were to post that, I would point out two things that I don't like about it. One is the inclusion of pre-NHL years, I'm not a fan of that. Two, you're counting all years, namely ones where one team didn't not get a 3-0 lead. So the probability that you give is really one of a particular scenario playing out in the finals, not the percentage of times a team down 3-0 has come back to win in the finals.

i guess the one comfort is that post lock out teams are a lot more balanced so we are equal in winning opportunities if you look objectively. scoring opportunities will obviously have to be capitalized at very high percentages for us to have a shot though.

all it takes is games like 1 and 2 where we bury some of the chances we fanned. it's not as hard as it looks on paper.

let me also add, one win tomorrow and we are back home. home crowd can tip them over if they have the one game confidence. going back to LA with a 3-2 will put serious pressure on them to win. that's the tipping point game.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat

That's not how probability works, what you quoted is the ratio of historic events, it has nothing to do with future ones when you consider the events (different teams, years, rules etc) aren't the same.