All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

I replied to your PM.

I understand the concept of why guys like their game worns to show wear...it's just not important to me.

That's fine too.  Not every jersey collector needs to be into GW jerseys and go that route.  Totally understand.

Just please promise me you won't buy a gamer of a scrub and then have it stripped lol.  That just steals the souls of GW collectors.  I've seen people ask about it on HF Boards and even sometimes on the IJ forums.

That's fine too.  Not every jersey collector needs to be into GW jerseys and go that route.  Totally understand.

Just please promise me you won't buy a gamer of a scrub and then have it stripped lol.  That just steals the souls of GW collectors.  I've seen people ask about it on HF Boards and even sometimes on the IJ forums.

I don't see what the point of doing that to a game worn would be, so i can make that promise. I have, however, done it to a Game Issued jersey. 

I don't see what the point of doing that to a game worn would be, so i can make that promise. I have, however, done it to a Game Issued jersey. 

Some people would rather buy a game worn of a scrub player for cheap (usually around $200) and then have it stripped and re-done with their favorite player.  I've seen it happen and even see it on jersey collecting forums as well.

Doing it to GI is not a big deal though so you are good haha.

Interesting article about Fanatics taking over the Devils Den stores at the arena (got this article from HF Boards).  Interesting that Fanatics CEO and founder is a Devils minority co-owner as well.  I have to say that the stores have definitely improved in terms of selection this year.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2014/10/13/Facilities/Breaking-Ground.aspx

I found the line "Center in part through a new 1,400-square-foot store on the main concourse specializing in customized jerseys through Silver Crystal Sports, whose professional letter and number stitching service is used by several NHL teams."

Doing some digging, it looks like Silver Crystal Sports doesn't actually do the on-ice customization for the team's jerseys, but they are the customizer other teams retail stores uses, so that line was a little mis-leading.  Secondly, Silver Crystal Sports is actually Coolhockey.com using another name and their customization is alright, but not great (kinda between SportsK and icejerseys which do a good job and River City Sports (RCS) who do terrible work).  Again this is if you choose the sending out the jersey route as they still have the heat-pressed garbage available as well.

Some people would rather buy a game worn of a scrub player for cheap (usually around $200) and then have it stripped and re-done with their favorite player.  I've seen it happen and even see it on jersey collecting forums as well.

Doing it to GI is not a big deal though so you are good haha.

I don't see the point of that. So I get a Cam Janssen game worn and them pretend it's an Elias game worn? That's nonsense.

Game issued scare just a customized jersey as far as I'm concerned. It's how I got a Schneider jersey for like $200 so I'm fine with it.

I don't see the point of that. So I get a Cam Janssen game worn and them pretend it's an Elias game worn? That's nonsense.

Game issued scare just a customized jersey as far as I'm concerned. It's how I got a Schneider jersey for like $200 so I'm fine with it.

Yup people have done that to game worns, even people who are supposed "jersey collectors" on jersey forums, I agree it makes little sense as well but people still do it.

Even worse is I've seen over the years people do this, leave the meigray tag in there and try to sell it on eBay as the more popular player game worn. If the buyer doesn't check the meigray population reports then they wouldn't know it was not worn by that player but by a scrub and the jersey was re customized after the fact.

Going to focus my efforts (and save my money) for a vintage authentic in the original colors(have not seen a bigger size in years but I'm trying to be patient). Just sold my vintage red and trying to sell my vintage white in size 52 because I haven't worn them in many years.

• 4 weeks later...

Furthermore about this year's SS jerseys; they are garbage.  The Sharks is a mess but the Kings are worse.  I am not going to get on them about the television numbers (arm numbers) like a lot of people have, but I just do not like the overall design of either and the collars on both are a dumpster fire.

Another reason why I am glad the Devils just went with their retro's last year and didn't chromify their jerseys like the other teams.

Just purchased a game worn Albany Devs jersey and would like to change the name on it.  Where is the best place to go.  Time and money not a problem.  I just want it done right.  Thanks 

Send it to Exclusive Pro...they are the absolute best. They will strip it and put a new name on it. 

http://exclusivepro.com/products/65/stripping_and_customizing/

What player did you get and who are you changing it to? 

Just purchased a game worn Albany Devs jersey and would like to change the name on it.  Where is the best place to go.  Time and money not a problem.  I just want it done right.  Thanks

you should NOT do this to game worn jerseys... someone will get screwed down the line or atleast there is a good possibility for that to happen.

you should NOT do this to game worn jerseys... someone will get screwed down the line or atleast there is a good possibility for that to happen.

To each his own. If that's what he wants to do, so be it.

It seems like he just wants an authentic jersey to wear, I highly doubt he is planning to sell the altered jersey later on and pass it off as a different player's.

I doubt he is doing it to scam someone but game worns should really never be altered. I have gamers of scrubs but never would think of altering them.

Right - I have plenty of low value gamers and I would never alter them either - but I'm a collector with a collector's mentality. Not everyone is like that. In fact, most people aren't like that. 

There's nothing wrong with someone buying a game worn jersey with the intention of changing the name/number to wear to games. This is often a great way to get an authentic jersey for considerably less than it would have cost to get a customized authentic jersey at retail. I don't see the big deal with doing this. He bought the jersey, it's his to do what he wants with. It's not like we're talking about a Hall-of-Fame-worthy specimen that should be preserved for the sake of history and nostalgia.

Thanks for the info.   Guys, no worries, I am not in the jersey business, this is the first one I ever purchased, I just wanted one to wear to games. The one's for sale are crap and very cheap.   

You're welcome! Let us know how it turns out and if you use Exclusive Pro...they're the best!

To each his own. If that's what he wants to do, so be it.

It seems like he just wants an authentic jersey to wear, I highly doubt he is planning to sell the altered jersey later on and pass it off as a different player's.

i wasnt implying that he specificaly would be doing this but down the road if he were to sell it as what it indeed was and the next person pawns it off to someone else as something its really not... well that would be a shame but is what it is, i feel like gamers are a part of a players history and when people start changing them its like one less that is all out there.. but all in all as you said its his shirt he should do what he wants with it.

I would never change an actual gamer that was used. What I did do is buy a game issues jersey from Meigray with no name on it (only a number). It was one of the ones with a HHOF patches. Sent to exclusive pro to get the number stripped and Jagr on it. Looks awesome, basically like a gamer. I will wear it tonight.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.