Best place for jersey?

Blown01NJ

If you pay $350 for an authentic then you are doing it wrong.

Anyways I took this at Penn Station after a game last season.

Yup those sh!tty chinese knockoffs look real sharp!!

gallery_3795_169_63015.jpeg

Mods - Please close this thread

I've seen that jersey before, that's called buying on impulse. I do my research before I purchase anything, especially from a foreign country. Here's the two jerseys I got from them, Kovy and Henrique.

Kovy on the right, Adam on the left. 

20131002_215052.jpg

Ignore the area I took the picture on, using the unfinished guest room.

Edited by Rogan The Goat

I took a picture of the two I got from the weiketrade, beautifully done. Only thing I can complain about are some loose threads and the smell when you receive it (WASH IT ASAP LOL).

Looks good, like I said miniscule differences with 200-300 jerseys.

Did you pay for it with a debit card or something else?

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

I buy only RBK Premiers now.  I hate how Reebok charges you Authentic price for their Indo Edges.  Don't get me wrong.  I think the Indo Edges aren't bad at all.  I wish they'd sell the actual on ice authentics though.  IceJerseys, JerseyExpress, and SportsK are the best when it comes to getting actual tackle twill letters.  There's also a place in Colorado called Dorholt Custom Sports.  He does amazing work.

I buy only RBK Premiers now.  I hate how Reebok charges you Authentic price for their Indo Edges.  Don't get me wrong.  I think the Indo Edges aren't bad at all.  I wish they'd sell the actual on ice authentics though.  IceJerseys, JerseyExpress, and SportsK are the best when it comes to getting actual tackle twill letters.  There's also a place in Colorado called Dorholt Custom Sports.  He does amazing work.

I would beg to differ with Dorholt's quality.  I can spot his jerseys from a mile away from the spotty workmanship and that huge DCS patch he insists on putting on his jerseys.  I have seen more than 1 of his jerseys at the Rock where the fake 10th patch he sells is stitched in the wrong place and put dead center on the bottom hem, not off to the right side by the manufacturer logo like it is supposed to be.  Not only that but I have seen jerseys he has done with crooked lettering and wonky sizing.  My buddy once ordered a Devils White throwback Shanahan jersey in XL from him and when he got it, one of the H's was completely crooked and the sizing was so wonky that the shoulder yolk came down to his elbow and the arm letters were at the top of his forearms.  Another time he listed on his website blank white Devils throwbacks for $99 were out of stock, yet at the same time he was selling them on ebay for $150 BIN.  He is basically just a domestic counterfeiter and used to post on this forum until he was called out by other members of this forum for his ethics and workmanship.  I still see him on other forums though where he is openly embraced for some reason.

Icejerseys does a good job, but they outsource most of their Devils lettering to EPS, so might as well get the jersey cheaper on ebay and send it to EPS yourself for cheaper as well.  I got a blank premier over the summer on ebay for $40 NWT and then sent it to EPS for $60 to get Jagr put on there.  JerseyExpress is ok, just do not know too much about them.  SportsK is ok to just get the jersey, but as for lettering I have heard various horror stories on more than 1 jersey collecting forum.

For the Indo-Edges, yeah it sucks that Reebok decided when they switched to the wordmark to make these "retail authentics" that are not what the players actually wear.  I tend to avoid them too unless I get a really good deal on them.  Hell last month amazon.com had a few Devils Indo-Edges brand new with tags for like $86 each in various sizes including 52's, 54's and 56's.  However it has been reported by many sources that many of the jersey dealers and retailers have complained so much about the Indo-Edges to Reebok that Reebok has completely shut down production of them and will go back to selling authentic Edge 2.0's.  Right now what you see in the stores is Reebok trying to sell off the remaining Indo-Edge stock and may take as long as a year for the 2.0's to reach the stores.

I would beg to differ with Dorholt's quality.  I can spot his jerseys from a mile away from the spotty workmanship and that huge DCS patch he insists on putting on his jerseys.  I have seen more than 1 of his jerseys at the Rock where the fake 10th patch he sells is stitched in the wrong place and put dead center on the bottom hem, not off to the right side by the manufacturer logo like it is supposed to be.  Not only that but I have seen jerseys he has done with crooked lettering and wonky sizing.  My buddy once ordered a Devils White throwback Shanahan jersey in XL from him and when he got it, one of the H's was completely crooked and the sizing was so wonky that the shoulder yolk came down to his elbow and the arm letters were at the top of his forearms.  Another time he listed on his website blank white Devils throwbacks for $99 were out of stock, yet at the same time he was selling them on ebay for $150 BIN.  He is basically just a domestic counterfeiter and used to post on this forum until he was called out by other members of this forum for his ethics and workmanship.  I still see him on other forums though where he is openly embraced for some reason.

Icejerseys does a good job, but they outsource most of their Devils lettering to EPS, so might as well get the jersey cheaper on ebay and send it to EPS yourself for cheaper as well.  I got a blank premier over the summer on ebay for $40 NWT and then sent it to EPS for $60 to get Jagr put on there.  JerseyExpress is ok, just do not know too much about them.  SportsK is ok to just get the jersey, but as for lettering I have heard various horror stories on more than 1 jersey collecting forum.

For the Indo-Edges, yeah it sucks that Reebok decided when they switched to the wordmark to make these "retail authentics" that are not what the players actually wear.  I tend to avoid them too unless I get a really good deal on them.  Hell last month amazon.com had a few Devils Indo-Edges brand new with tags for like $86 each in various sizes including 52's, 54's and 56's.  However it has been reported by many sources that many of the jersey dealers and retailers have complained so much about the Indo-Edges to Reebok that Reebok has completely shut down production of them and will go back to selling authentic Edge 2.0's.  Right now what you see in the stores is Reebok trying to sell off the remaining Indo-Edge stock and may take as long as a year for the 2.0's to reach the stores.

That's weird.  I have never had any real issues with Dorholt's work.  He's absolutely loved on HF.  I also have him as a facebook friend.

If you want the absolute best, you should use EP.  EP does all the customization for the actual players' Devils jerseys.  I've gotten jerseys done from Sportsk, and their lettering isn't perfect.  But it's still pretty good.  IceJerseys is better than Sportsk, but the captain's letters aren't right.  If you're a stickler for things being absolutely, perfect, EP is your best bet.  But since they don't sell jerseys anymore, you have to buy a jersey from other places.  I'm personally not a stickler like that.  I have a Henrique jersey with the old RBK Vector logo instead of the woordmark.  I also just recently sent out my two Kovy's to EP to be turned into a Zajac and Henrique.

Here's what happened with Reebok.  When the Edges first came out, they used the 1.0's for only a few months.  The players started to complain and the 2.0s were being used by player half way into the inaugural Edge season which 2007-2008.  The 2.0's have been around for over 5 years, but since they had a huge stock of 1.0', they couldn't release the 2.0's for sale.

That's weird.  I have never had any real issues with Dorholt's work.  He's absolutely loved on HF.  I also have him as a facebook friend.

If you want the absolute best, you should use EP.  EP does all the customization for the actual players' Devils jerseys.  I've gotten jerseys done from Sportsk, and their lettering isn't perfect.  But it's still pretty good.  IceJerseys is better than Sportsk, but the captain's letters aren't right.  If you're a stickler for things being absolutely, perfect, EP is your best bet.  But since they don't sell jerseys anymore, you have to buy a jersey from other places.  I'm personally not a stickler like that.  I have a Henrique jersey with the old RBK Vector logo instead of the woordmark.  I also just recently sent out my two Kovy's to EP to be turned into a Zajac and Henrique.

Here's what happened with Reebok.  When the Edges first came out, they used the 1.0's for only a few months.  The players started to complain and the 2.0s were being used by player half way into the inaugural Edge season which 2007-2008.  The 2.0's have been around for over 5 years, but since they had a huge stock of 1.0', they couldn't release the 2.0's for sale.

Yeah Dorholt is loved on HF but whatever.  That forum is a wretched hive of scum and villiany anyways and Dorholt fits right in.  After seeing his work in person on many different jerseys including my buddy's as well as trying to scam his own customers by trying to sell on eBay for higher than just selling through his website, I do not think too highly of him to say the least.

I use EPS for all my jerseys now and have been for a few years.  Top notch work and worth the wait from them.

Yeah I heard that too about Reebok, but the Indo-edges were a clear money grab.  You can still find some Devils 1.0's floating around as well on eBay and other collectors.  Once in a while you find blank 1.0's on Meigray's website in the clearance section, but there are none right now.  I find that a little odd as when I was there for the warehouse sale in July they had a whole rack of about 200 blank jerseys just sitting there.  They might just be stockpiling for the Devils but just found it funny.

Yeah Dorholt is loved on HF but whatever.  That forum is a wretched hive of scum and villiany anyways and Dorholt fits right in.  After seeing his work in person on many different jerseys including my buddy's as well as trying to scam his own customers by trying to sell on eBay for higher than just selling through his website, I do not think too highly of him to say the least.

I use EPS for all my jerseys now and have been for a few years.  Top notch work and worth the wait from them.

Yeah I heard that too about Reebok, but the Indo-edges were a clear money grab.  You can still find some Devils 1.0's floating around as well on eBay and other collectors.  Once in a while you find blank 1.0's on Meigray's website in the clearance section, but there are none right now.  I find that a little odd as when I was there for the warehouse sale in July they had a whole rack of about 200 blank jerseys just sitting there.  They might just be stockpiling for the Devils but just found it funny.

Most of the posters on HF are no different than they are on here.  But what if you have a differing opinion over there from the masses, it's considered trolling.  Or at least that's the way it is on the Devils board.

I know they sell Indo Edges at the team store, or they did last year.  I still see 1.0's floating around as well.  If they didn't sell them at the $250 like they do, I'd definitely buy more Indo jerseys.  The Premiers aren't bad, but I'm not a fan of the glued on crests.  I wish the NHL used a 3 tiered system like the NFL.

Nike Game $100

Nike Limited $135

Nike Elite $250

I think the NHL should follow suit.

RBK Premier $120

RBK Indo Edge $150

RBK Authentic Edge $250

Looks good, like I said miniscule differences with 200-300 jerseys.

Did you pay for it with a debit card or something else?

Debit card, no problems whatsoever. Only thing I hate is the guy who runs the place barely knows English lmao. He can type for the most part but if you were to contacted them put a translation in the message.

Keep in mind with my photo I didn't quite focus too much so it's a little blurry. I kinda took it and quickly uploaded it without really looking. Great jerseys and I'll be sporting my Henrique jersey tomorrow when I'm watching my Devils spank some Islander a$$.

Edited by Rogan The Goat

I have a Jets knockoff jersey that looks as good as the Jerseys sold in the Jets store in Manhattan.

Football knockoffs tend to look better because they are easier to make. Still doesnt make it right though.

Most NHL knockoffs I see look terrible.

Edited by DevsMan84

I have a question, why is it that, for example, people with Kovalchuk jerseys, opted to have them re-nameplated with Ryder/Sykora? My question is, you have an authentic jersey, why keep the numbers? Is getting the nameplate and numbers replaced to make it a #68 Jagr jersey: A. not worth the price. B. impossible. or C. Other? Just curious

I have a question, why is it that, for example, people with Kovalchuk jerseys, opted to have them re-nameplated with Ryder/Sykora? My question is, you have an authentic jersey, why keep the numbers? Is getting the nameplate and numbers replaced to make it a #68 Jagr jersey: A. not worth the price. B. impossible. or C. Other? Just curious

probably just a little easier/quicker turn around time/ cheaper to have the name plate swapped out rather then have all of the numbers and the name plate swapped out. you can get a name plate swap for like $20 you can go wrong with that. Maybe these people just like either ryder or sykora?

probably just a little easier/quicker turn around time/ cheaper to have the name plate swapped out rather then have all of the numbers and the name plate swapped out. you can get a name plate swap for like $20 you can go wrong with that. Maybe these people just like either ryder or sykora?

Also, if you get the numbers changed, it's probably easy to tell that that's been done.  Swapping out nameplates shouldn't be as obvious unless the new name is really short (e.g. Jagr) or the old name was really long (e.g. Langenbrunner).

Edited by RowdyFan42

Also, if you get the numbers changed, it's probably easy to tell that that's been done. Swapping out nameplates shouldn't be as obvious unless the new name is really short (e.g. Jagr) or the old name was really long (e.g. Langenbrunner).

This is the main reason.

When jerseys are stitched, even though they are stitched part of the process includes putting a glue or some adhesive on the back of the numbers and letters to keep them in place while they are stitched. It also helps prevent bubbling later on as well.

When you remove the letters or numbers, you are going to have residue left on the jersey and depending on the place where it was done it can be a bitch to remove. Also depending on the age of the jersey there could be fading so if you take the numbers off you can see what the old numbers were. If you change a 17 the best is to just leave the 17 or change it to a similar number like 12.

Plus it is cheaper to remove/replace a nameplate as well than totally redoing it.

This is the main reason.

When jerseys are stitched, even though they are stitched part of the process includes putting a glue or some adhesive on the back of the numbers and letters to keep them in place while they are stitched. It also helps prevent bubbling later on as well.

When you remove the letters or numbers, you are going to have residue left on the jersey and depending on the place where it was done it can be a bitch to remove. Also depending on the age of the jersey there could be fading so if you take the numbers off you can see what the old numbers were. If you change a 17 the best is to just leave the 17 or change it to a similar number like 12.

Plus it is cheaper to remove/replace a nameplate as well than totally redoing it.

That's why I asked EP to change my two Kovy jerseys to a Henrique and Zajac.

That's why I asked EP to change my two Kovy jerseys to a Henrique and Zajac.

Yeah the less you take off the better it usually is.

I really want to buy one of the cheap kovy premiers that have been flooding eBay for the past 3 months and just have EPS change it to Ryder, but I won't for two reasons just yet. One is that he is only on a two year contract and the other is that the 17 on most of those Kovys is not the correct font. For some reason only EPS can do the 7 correctly on a devils jersey.

Yeah the less you take off the better it usually is.

I really want to buy one of the cheap kovy premiers that have been flooding eBay for the past 3 months and just have EPS change it to Ryder, but I won't for two reasons just yet. One is that he is only on a two year contract and the other is that the 17 on most of those Kovys is not the correct font. For some reason only EPS can do the 7 correctly on a devils jersey.

Off-topic but even the Devils can't get the 7's right on the Niedermayer banners in the arena. It's kind of funny actually.

Probably not. It's no big deal though. Another thing I wondered is why do they have Stevens from 1992-2005? His last season was 03-04.

I think because he said he would play the 04-05 season but because it was cancelled he never did. So since he was an active roster player in that season that never happened they put 2005.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.