Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

You're probably right. But those must have been hold backs that the team released because every time I looked for tickets in the lower bowl (including clubs) for myself or friends on Ticketmaster, nothing was available.

The Devils often call regular season games a sellout where 1/3 of the club seats are empty (much like the Yankees, Giants and Jets - these teams don't consider premium club seating part of the general admission that counts towards what they determine is a reported sellout). However, that clearly wasn't the case during the playoffs as even the club sections were full.

True, but the Devils were being less than honest when the team website said that all tix were sold a few days earlier.

Really though, the complaint lies more with Ticketmaster. TM constantly hides the ball when it comes to saying what tickets are actually available and at what price, the obvious aim being to push fans into buying the more expensive seats. I just wish they would tell you upfront, before entering the Captcha and what seats you would prefer to buy, like they do on Stubhub.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#42 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Lockout coming tomorrow...ugh...

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#43 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

CBA doesn't expire until Saturday at 11:59 PM

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#44 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

Interestingggg.... If Minnesota waives Nick Palmieri, do we grab him? I think he did well enough here to at least be brought back and placed in the minors for depth... Not a big deal really, but not much else to talk about haha

#45 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Interestingggg.... If Minnesota waives Nick Palmieri, do we grab him? I think he did well enough here to at least be brought back and placed in the minors for depth... Not a big deal really, but not much else to talk about haha

I'd say no. He was basically handed a spot this year and did nothing with it. I'm pretty sure his knock has been his inability to be consistent. I'm not sure where I read that last part.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#46 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,577 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

According to capgeek, Nick Palmieri doesn't even have a contract for next season.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#47 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

Go Princeton Tigers!!!! $10 tix. Worst seat, 6th row. :boogie:

#48 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

CBA doesn't expire until Saturday at 11:59 PM

Right, but I read somewhere that people were anticipating Bettman announcing the lockout will go through tomorrow [today] should the NHLPA not approve of the latest offer. Cordell retweeted it from a Minny beat writer.

either way: :evilcry:

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#49 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,069 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

I just realized something- with pretty much the entire NHL (minus the Devils of course) having a Twitter account, this is the first social media lockout! Woo hoo, at least we can see fans and players snipe each other on Twitter now. Didn't have that in 2005 lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#50 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

I thought they enacted some clause in case of a lockout to prevent waived players from being taken
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#51 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

Per TSN "Speaking after a two-hour meeting of the league's board of governors, Bettman offered to meet "any time, at any place.""

Come on someone say "Bettman's ass at midnight"....

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#52 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

I dont know why everyone hates on Bettman, yes he was the commissioner for now the 4th lockout in his tenure. BUT he works for the owners, he is just doing his job. The owners would have any commissioner in this spot.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#53 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

I dont know why everyone hates on Bettman, yes he was the commissioner for now the 4th lockout in his tenure. BUT he works for the owners, he is just doing his job. The owners would have any commissioner in this spot.

It is easier to hate on a single person who is easily visible rather than a group of 30 people, many of whom are either out of the spotlight or are actully a collection of owners for a single team rather than 1 guy in charge.

#54 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

I've really grown tired of these whining millionaires. They are all selfish spoiled cry babies. They can all go f*ck themselves.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 14 September 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#55 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

I've really grown tired of these whining millionaires. They are all selfish spoiled cry babies. They can all go f*ck themselves.

Amen! +1

#56 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

Yeah I definitely find myself on the players' side this time around.

Revenue sharing is the answer. The NHL should follow the NFL's example.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#57 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Yeah I definitely find myself on the players' side this time around.

Revenue sharing is the answer. The NHL should follow the NFL's example.

The players feel they are entitled to money that they don't deserve. Other then sports what other business in the world shares 50-50 with their employees?

I don't care about the owners either but they are the ones who pay all the bills. The players need a reality check.

I feel bad for all the people who work at the arenas making peanuts compared to these players that are going to be out of a job for however long this goes on. Those people and the fans are the only ones who really suffer here. The players are just on an extended vacation.

If this entire season gets wiped out I'll probably end up cancelling my season tickets and I'll just show up for playoffs and Martys last game and jersey retirement. Other then that I'll watch on tv for the rest of the time and I won't spend a dime on merch from the nhl.

After missing the entire 04-05 season and having this happen again so soon is complete bs. I'm sick of them all.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 14 September 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#58 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

If all Bettman does is take orders from the owners, how can he enforce a $1 million fine if any owner speaks out during the lockout?

Edited by NJDevs4978, 14 September 2012 - 11:06 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#59 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Ugh, this is so irritating...I just wish they could come to an agreement on that number. I think it's fair if the players number gets lower, but seriously, if the NHL thinks the players are going to take a salary rollback on contracts that both sides signed (some with very fresh ink), they're as delusional as the players are.

#60 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

The players feel they are entitled to money that they don't deserve. Other then sports what other business in the world shares 50-50 with their employees?

I don't care about the owners either but they are the ones who pay all the bills. The players need a reality check.

It's just not that simple. I don't have much sympathy for either side, but from what little I understand it seems to me that the players' offers have been much more equitable than the owners' offers. And while I fully realize the owners pay the bills, the fact is they are only able to do so because people buy tickets to see the players. Nobody's buying a ticket to see the owners.

Edited by Brick Pig, 14 September 2012 - 01:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users