GDT Devils at Leafs 7PM msg+

ZeroGravityFat

Well he has made two already, although I wonder how many more games with this bad forward core we have to go before people realize maybe having healthy scratch d-men sitting in the press box while we had an immediate need up front is costing this team games.

ding ding ding

addition by subtraction 

and yes that first goal was not on moose

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAN LOU OPEN HIS fvckING EYES AND START MAKING SOME TRADES. GET OFF YOUR fvckING ASS LOU!!

Caps lock makes your point more valid. If you had opened your eyes, you may have noticed that Lou did make 2 trades, pulling in Loktionov and Ponikarovsky for nothing. What panic trade would you suggest? Tallinder for bobby Ryan?

.849 save% for Hedberg in his last six.  Doesn't get much worse than that.  Doesn't help that the Devils have completely stopped scoring as well.   

Not sure what Lou can really do...like some have already pointed out, it's not like Lou has done nothing...he's made two moves already.  Maybe Kinkaid could get a game, but I trust DeBoer, and if he thinks Hedberg gives the Devils the best shot to win, I gotta go with DeBoer on that one.   

Lou has always been patient...I would expect a few more losses (of course hopefully that doesn't happen) before Lou would think about doing anything drastic.

Deboer NEEDS to get Kovy going at even strength. Put Patty on the other side.

Elias Loktionov Kovalchuk

Henrique Zajac Clarkson

Ponikarovsky Josefson Matteau

CBGB

Kovy is attracting WAY too much attention now,  throw the kovalchuk zajac elias line back together for a game. we have nothing to lose now

as scary as zid is in the D end he needs a 2nd pairing. behind greenes first

but if hedberg cant find a solution to his stick and 5 hole issues its all moot! we just can't overcome that ineptitude in net

Is it just me or does Kovy's skating look a little slower?

maybe a bit, but he's getting triple coverage at the blueline

could be kovy has lost a bit of confidence in his shot too, he's had some big misses lately. but I cant tell how much he's missing by

Edited by EdgeControl

I'm still not worried with average goaltending we win at least 3 of these games. 

Problem is you don't know if the Devils will get average goaltending going forward.  One guy is 40 and the other is 39, and as we all know the first guy has played more games in net than anyone ever has in the NHL.  Even if he's effective, his body might not be able to handle it much longer. 

As for Hedberg and ANY goalie who's 39, who knows?  He did a nice job the last couple of seasons, but he's no guarantee either.

Not saying Brodeur can't recover and Hedberg won't snap out of this slump, but let's face it, both guys are question marks going forward, especially given their ages.  No one knows if this is just a rough patch, or a sign of things to come.

After clearing my head and thinking about the game I think something to take away from this game, and the sabers game is that they seem to be trending upward. With average/good goaltending we win those games. It's annoying that moose is blowing games but I'm glad that they are executing their system better and just playing a better all around game compared to a week ago. Lets get a win tonight LGD

After clearing my head and thinking about the game I think something to take away from this game, and the sabers game is that they seem to be trending upward. With average/good goaltending we win those games. It's annoying that moose is blowing games but I'm glad that they are executing their system better and just playing a better all around game compared to a week ago. Lets get a win tonight LGD

problem is eventually they will get frustrated and not even manage to do that, daboer is a great coach so we have that going for us, but it's hard to continue to believe in a system if you aren't winning.

yeah this. still not convinced they played that well in buffalo but the first 2 periods yesterday we're certainly more Devilish in term of effort and pressure.

Caps lock makes your point more valid. If you had opened your eyes, you may have noticed that Lou did make 2 trades, pulling in Loktionov and Ponikarovsky for nothing. What panic trade would you suggest? Tallinder for bobby Ryan?

one of our d for a decent forward.. a lot of teams are in need of defencemen

Edited by Devilsrock01